The Official Agile ERG Thread

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I think Kurt is leaning toward set-neck.

As sexy as the ash model is, i'm going for the pro version. I'm almost certainly going to be going with an 18v setup and putting in an active EQ.

Hang in there, guys... ordering is coming soon... real soon.

;)

EDIT: Woohoo! I got the 1100th reply, too! :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm just thinking on ordering a custom based on the ash model :D Set neck would be a good option for me. I'll have to ask on a quote.

Justin Bailey

Reaction score
can't wait to see these, even if I'll just end up going with a custom Agile 8 anyways. :hbang:

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
If Kurt made the ash model bolt-on, and the necks were awesome, I can imagine people buying the things and parting them out...

kurtzentmaier

Reaction score
I think Kurt is leaning toward set-neck.

As sexy as the ash model is, i'm going for the pro version. I'm almost certainly going to be going with an 18v setup and putting in an active EQ.

Hang in there, guys... ordering is coming soon... real soon.

Ok I will post up the link to start taking orders on the neck thru-version on Tuesday this week (5-13). The set neck or bolt on maybe a week or two after that. Will be asking 1/2 down and 1/2 when the guitars are ready to ship. I am hoping for a ship day sometime in August.

Kurt

;)

EDIT: Woohoo! I got the 1100th reply, too! :D

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like I will deffinatly have the money by the 20th (ish). Just waiting for some money to clear into my account :yesway:

Timmm

Reaction score
hey Kronpox

this idea with the ebony fretboard on the normal model is a great idea!
this would make the guitar perfect looking.
I´d order it then , too!

Demeyes

Reaction score
I'm going to order one of these when they come out. I was all set on the pro model but the Standard looks good and the pickup options make it an interesting alternative.
I should have the money when the orders start coming. Anyone have a notion on how long after the orders are made it will take for them to be built and shipped? My bandmates have been hounding me since I mentioned this thing!

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
100$? DAMN! I just asked a quote, I guess I'll have to update it when I get a mail back :D totally worth it!!

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
100$? DAMN! I just asked a quote, I guess I'll have to update it when I get a mail back :D totally worth it!!

See, that's where you guys differ from me. My experience with ebony as a fingerboard wood has been spotty; I love the feel, don't mind the look, but HATE its cost and tendency to crack. Where I live, the climate changes enough that it's impossible to keep the board split-free... and my poor SLSMG has had its fingerboard repaired twice now only to reopen with the next season.

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I've had an ebony fretboard 6er for a few years now and still, no crack :) frets tend to pop out a little but nothing my luthier can't cure.
I'm still not sure about an ebony FB on my custom but it would be better with the look I'm aiming at. Maybe a trans black satin coated maple board could work, I'll have to wait Kurt mail to find out :D

Kronpox

shrent? shrent.
Reaction score
I won't lie, my main motivation for wanting an ebony board is because this guitar is going to be blacker than the blackest of black :hbang:

I like the way ebony feels compared to rosewood but it's not like a rosewood fretboard would hinder me enough to discredit it in any kind of practical sense. I'm just a sucker for black!

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
The only ebony fingerboard I've owned that has never cracked (knock on wood) is the one on my cello... but that one is 1" thick at the middle with a large compound radius.

And, people, THAT's why classical instruments are so damn expensive.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
Rosewood is the way to go, because it can be dyed, like ,for instance in this fresh thread: http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/st...2-got-ebonized-56k-not-tall-enough-enter.html

Except that many don't appreciate the tonality of rosewood, especially for situations that require clarity in the bass. It gives a nice warm sound, which is great for Strats and Les Pauls, but (in some people's opinions) not so great for extended-range instruments in higher gain applications.

eightballhemhorrage

Reaction score
is there any way to have a def. on the setneck/bolt-on question on the ash model by the time pro model ordering starts. i would def drop that money on a setneck but prob not a bolt-on.

')