The Official Agile ERG Thread

Splees

splees
Reaction score
is anyone planning to put the kahler 8 in this?

I think there are a three people interested in going through with it. :spock:
...just kidding. :lol:

I'm thinking about doing it. I've never tried a kahler before, but I'm pretty sure it's reversable... right? Meaning I can take it off in case I don't like it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wes225

Banned
Reaction score
I think there are a three people interested in going through with it. :spock:
...just kidding. :lol:

I'm thinking about doing it. I've never tried a kahler before, but I'm pretty sure it's reversable... right? Meaning I can take it off in case I don't like it.
yeah, via a bridgeplate. kahlers feel like air. the bar gets in the way i think....

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I've never tried a kahler before, but I'm pretty sure it's reversable... right? Meaning I can take it off in case I don't like it.

Well, anything is reversible... but the Kahler does require a small cavity routed in the top of the guitar, which is easily covered with a plate if you remove it.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, anything is reversible... but the Kahler does require a small cavity routed in the top of the guitar, which is easily covered with a plate if you remove it.

You could also leave it on, and turn the set screw that converts it to a fixed bridge and not use the bar :agreed:

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
My problem with Kahlers is that they a)require you to solder your strings to prevent breakage (something I learned the hard way when playing with a store model) and b)go out of tune after bending... something that can usually be solved with a quick dive bomb, but precludes the use of the locking feature.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Who, me? I'm not whining. Quite to the contrary, I'm just reeeally looking forward to this!

Latest posts

')