The Official Agile ERG Thread

Kronpox

shrent? shrent.
Reaction score
well an 8 string in my current living environment would be useless. for i can never play. roommates/landlords all up my ass. but no more. now i have my own rehearsal space, so i can start a band, no one to tell me to turn it down, the freedom to play guitar at any damn hour of the day i please, and the space to put all equipment, 8 string guitars i please. (i have been living without my halfstack and 3 guitars for almost a year now) plus i keep my sanity, cause i was just way to damn sick of living with people.

Buddy it was a joke! :lol:

congrats on the new living/metal administration quarters :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

plyta

Rusty spoon...
Reaction score
I got a quote for my custom which is basically a standard Intrepid Pro but with a 30" scale :D (my previous idea didn't turn out to be very doable haha)
The price is right so I'm gonna go for it, I can't wait :D

I've just send an email asking for a quote for customised Intrepid as well. Waiting for reply. Fingers crossed. :steve:

FortePenance

Reaction score
Buddy it was a joke! :lol:

No, no it wasn't. :squint:

:wub:

I gotta say, I'm disappointed that I have to wait so long for one of these now. Will the next run be done quicker? I'd imagine it would be.

Ah mate, there was all the planning and stuff that had to go into it. Personally i'm really appreciative of Rondo taking the time to listen to customers and all. It's amazing.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I gotta say, I'm disappointed that I have to wait so long for one of these now. Will the next run be done quicker? I'd imagine it would be.

Well, you could always go buy one of the other eight strings with a similar quality level and price... oh wait, there are none. Also the runs always take about the same amount of time from order to delivery.

After thinking about it I completely understand why Kurt is doing this the way he is. If there are problems with the initial run, he doesn't want to have to replace 50 guitars. This is the first time the factory has ever done an eight string, so he's being cautious.

Demeyes

Reaction score
Well, you could always go buy one of the other eight strings with a similar quality level and price... oh wait, there are none. Also the runs always take about the same amount of time from order to delivery.

After thinking about it I completely understand why Kurt is doing this the way he is. If there are problems with the initial run, he doesn't want to have to replace 50 guitars. This is the first time the factory has ever done an eight string, so he's being cautious.

I know its probably going to end up better for us because any bugs will be sorted. And I totally appreciate the work and time put into making these. Rondo are doing a great job for us. Its just that realistically it could be another 6 months before I'd be able to play one of these, and I'm seriously gassing for one!:hbang:

Ze Kink

the black wizards
Reaction score
Sorry, haven't been following this so sorry if I'm asking a question that's been asked a million times already. What about the cheaper bolt-on model?

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
Sorry, haven't been following this so sorry if I'm asking a question that's been asked a million times already. What about the cheaper bolt-on model?

$500, bolt-on maple neck, ash body w/charcoal grey stain, Agile 8-string bridge and Agile passive pickup. Will be available for order in VERY limited quantities (if the Pro is any indication) for the first run sometime in the next few weeks.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
I put a very small additional quantity back on the site. Just FYI. But after these are sold I really want to wait for customer feedback before we build more.

Agile Intrepid Pro 8 at HomeOld

Sorry Kurt,
I've been doing a lot of soul searching as of late. As great of a deal as this is, 27" really is my limit on what I can comfortably play as a main axe, so I reluctantly have to pass.

If you ever do a 25.5" or 27" 8-string Interceptor w/ an 8-inline headstock, I'll be all over it.

Doddus

Reaction score
I have no idea if this has been discussed, as much as i have been following this thread and have read close to all the pages i cant remember if it has been so i'll bring it up anyway.

I just thought it would be cool and very sevenstring.orgesque if Kurt was to take some pics of the models in production and put them up on the site as the blocks of wood evolved in to monstrous 8 strings or something like that. I understand if its to hard but it would be off its head! if it was possible. :hbang:
Anyway what do you guys think?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have no idea if this has been discussed, as much as i have been following this thread and have read close to all the pages i cant remember if it has been so i'll bring it up anyway.

I just thought it would be cool and very sevenstring.orgesque if Kurt was to take some pics of the models in production and put them up on the site as the blocks of wood evolved in to monstrous 8 strings or something like that. I understand if its to hard but it would be off its head! if it was possible. :hbang:
Anyway what do you guys think?

Considering that the guitars will be built in a factory in Korea which Kurt doesn't own, and that Kurt is in NH (IIRC) I really don't see this happening.

Wolfv11

Reaction score
Considering that the guitars will be built in a factory in Korea which Kurt doesn't own, and that Kurt is in NH (IIRC) I really don't see this happening.

Yea but he could always ask someone over there at the factory to snap a few pics and send em to him

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Right. The factory workers probably make a fraction of what you do on a weekly basis, and taking pictures of guitars in progress isn't likely a part of their job description. Anything that slows down the process, taking more productivity out of the factory, will increase the cost.

Wishful thinking, but i don't think it's going to happen.

Scarpie

Reaction score
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand they are sold out again AWESOME!!! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

So is kurt still doing the bolt on $500 model or is that waiting till august pending customer feedback on first batches of intrepid pro's?

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
So is kurt still doing the bolt on $500 model or is that waiting till august pending customer feedback on first batches of intrepid pro's?

I believe he still is... orders will be coming within the next few weeks. Again, the number will be VERY limited.

')