The Official Agile ERG Thread

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I just got a couple of emails from Kurt about the Standard 8 model.

It is confirmed to be a bolt-on model now.

However, there will be a couple of minor spec changes:

The ash body is a more expensive proposition than Kurt originally thought. Probably $50 to $75 more. However, he can also drop the neck construction to a 3-piece maple laminate, which he feels will still be a stable neck (and i agree) to get the price down to $525. BTW, both models will have dual truss rods, which should also make the necks more stable and tweakable.

You guys okay with that?

Ordering should be coming soon.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
Dude, it sounds fine to me. As long as that ash is still getting that sexy gray stain I'm all over it.

plyta

Rusty spoon...
Reaction score
I just got a couple of emails from Kurt about the Standard 8 model.

It is confirmed to be a bolt-on model now.

However, there will be a couple of minor spec changes:

The ash body is a more expensive proposition than Kurt originally thought. Probably $50 to $75 more. However, he can also drop the neck construction to a 3-piece maple laminate, which he feels will still be a stable neck (and i agree) to get the price down to $525. BTW, both models will have dual truss rods, which should also make the necks more stable and tweakable.

You guys okay with that?

Ordering should be coming soon.

Its good as long as it has angled headstock and bigass volute :yesway:

kurtzentmaier

Reaction score
Will target to start takings orders on the intrepid STD as of Wed next week 5-28

Kurt

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
No case is included, but it will fit in Rondo's baritone case, which you can order separately.

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
I hope the baritone case will fit my custom 30" scale Intrepid Pro :ugh: it's worrying me a bit :( Kurt says there is no case available for it right now but maybe latter.
I have a 4 months wait time so it should be ok I guess...

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe, but it's more like a short scale bass so I don't know. I guess I'll ask Kurt to try a few cases when he'll get the guitar from Korea.

theunforgiven246

BEHOLD KLUMPAMUS PRIME!
Reaction score
Ok I was thinking today, I know thats a bad idea but anyway, I was thinking that since kurt has the abilities to make his own hardware, why not if the 8 string model goes well then maybe look into making his own 8 string tremolo?

')