The Official Agile ERG Thread

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
When i sent that Intrepid Pro back, i flagged the truss rods as an issue.

No idea, just telling you what Kurt said in an email this morning. I asked about the truss rod placement and if the bridge pup was being moved closer to the bridge.

Just to be clear:

Kurt @ Rondo said:
Not sure on the final placement of the pickup nor the trus rod placement.
Probobly nothing with the trus rod placement as I received no feedback on that issue

Kurt

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Here's what i wrote to him when i sent my Pro back:

darren said:
But i am disappointed that my Pro arrived in B-Stock/Blem condition when i paid for something new. None of the issues affect the tone or playability, but they're disappointing to see in a new-out-of-the-box instrument:

- dings in the neck behind the 9th fret
- scratches in the bridge base plate
- hairline cracks in the body wood
- blemishes on the upper horn
- dings on the lower edge of the body by the control cavity
- pickup, bridge, fretboard and truss rods not centred on the neck blank
- visibly mismatched walnut neck stringers

I'm not sure how that qualifies as "no feedback".

That was in an email, included on the return form from the Rondo website, and was identified on Post-It tape flags i placed all over the instrument with notes to identify all the flaws when i sent it back.

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
If you want the volume knob and pickup selector swapped, you can easily do it yourself.

Are the holes the same size for the volume pot and pup selector? If that's the case, then yeah, I'll just do it myself when I get it.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Pots are usually 3/8" diameter, and Les Paul-type toggles are 1/2" diameter. It's not hard to drill out a pot hole to take a toggle switch, and the washer from the pot will hold it in place in the slightly larger toggle switch hole, and the hole won't show.

COBHC

Belongs On 1 String
Reaction score
Anyone know if the coloured Pros will come with a gloss paint finish on the neck or a satin like on the natural?

Might have to switch my order to a natural to get the satin finish.

kurtzentmaier

Reaction score
Sorry, to clarify, I did not consider a single manufacturing flaw on 1 piece to be considered feedback on an overall manufacturing change. Since I received no other emails on any problems with the trus rods, I am assuming it's a one of a kind issue with Darren’s. Based on that, at this point and no change is schedule to me made. If that's not the case and if there is a systemic problem with the trus rods, I hope to hear more about it from others before we start production. I personally would not mind seeing a little more spacing between the two trus rods to achieve a bit more adjustability, but it may not be possible based on the neck thickness and clearances needed. I did not get to see everyones trus rods personally - only Darren's. So if they are all like that (off center) - let me know. One reason I did not start production or even accepting any orders on production Ver 2.0 is so any possible problems like this would be worked out before production began. Certainly it's a correctable, if in fact it is a problem. At he very least I will metion it as a issue to watch for and avoid in the next batch.

Kurt

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
Kurt, my Intrepid Pro has the same issue... but it has not affected truss rod functionality in any way as it is still useful in dialing in the proper relief on just that half of the neck.

Another consistent complaint was that the neck, pickup, and bridge (while all completely in line with each other) were not centered on the neck blank by ~1-2mm. This is purely aesthetic.

Those are the ONLY issues I have found with my Pro. After restringing it and setting it up, it plays beautifully and sounds great.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
Wow, forum did an auto-double-post. Whee.

Also, the upper fret access is hindered slightly by the transition from neck to body starting at around the 17th fret, making it a very thick area on the neck and making it very difficult to reach up there. Not a huge deal for me, but it can be an annoyance.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
don´t forget to tell the factory not to intonate the guitars with strings at tension... pretty much everyone had scratched baseplates.

and i´d say the truss rods should be evenly spaced and centred, so that they can deal out the same amount of relief on both sides. i think that´s kinda important, actually.

can´t wait to see standard pricing! :D

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
What I've heard of the 808s really isn't as bad as, say, the standard 81. It's really not that bad at all IMO, at least as far as EMGs go, but I still prefer passives.

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
The 808 is definitely warm and clear... very hi-fi sounding with not a huge amount of "character" per se. It sounds "nice" but not "exceptional."

RomeApartJizzy

I'm really a drummer
Reaction score
So how hard is it to have passives put in? Routing involved? I have always had passives, so forgive my ignorance. As Shirley Q Liquor would say, "I's ignant"

kurtzentmaier

Reaction score
Ok here you go on the standards

http://www.rondomusic.com/IntrepidStandard8.html

http://www.rondomusic.com/intrepiddualstandard8.html

If you were wondering, I still am not getting what I would say are "re-assuring" answers from the ebony people that I will be able to get good quality ebony on time for this order, so we did not put ebony as an option. But I did offer rosewood as an option on the dual pickup version. If I can get ebony in time for the Feb / March delivery, I will post a note here about it. Comments about this?

This is the only link for these current (no emails have been sent out and nothing posted on the web site). These lower priced standards sold out pretty quickly last time and I want to give everyone on the forum who participated a chance before the rest of the world finds out

Kurt

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
If you were wondering, I still am not getting what I would say are "re-assuring" answers from the ebony people that I will be able to get good quality ebony on time for this order, so we did not put ebony as an option. But I did offer rosewood as an option on the dual pickup version. If I can get ebony in time for the Feb / March delivery, I will post a note here about it. Comments about this?

Good to know ebony is still an option, just a problem with the supplies :) I might get a dual blood burst/ebony in the fourth run hehe, still waiting for my custom pro :)

')