The Official Agile ERG Thread

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The colour seems to vary a lot depending on the light and how it's photographed. The actual finish seems to be somewhere between a dark honey burst and a light tobacco burst. It's a reddish brown (or brownish-red) on the edges and back of the guitar. Hard to replicate in photographs and mockups on a computer screen.

The original mockups showed more of a black edge. The guitars came out a little browner and not as dark, so i adjusted the mockups of the v2 Intrepids to look more like what the actual finish came out like. But even that's only an approximation.

I think the pics in this thread show it pretty accurately:

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/the-lounge/55392-toronto-s-s-get-together-vol-2-a-17.html#161

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
i´m wondering about the other finishes, Darren. which finishes are gloss, and which are satin? and what will the middle of the ocean burst look like? by that, i mean will you see the wood´s original color through the finish, or will it be blue-ish?

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Unless things change from the last run, they'll all be satin. (Even though the spec sheet for the Intrepid Standard called for a gloss finish.) I quite like the feel of the satin finishes, and i suspect that the satin they use allows them to put on a thinner finish, which contributes to the overall resonance and "liveliness" of the instruments.

I mock things up how i want them to look, but i have no control how my mockups get interpreted and the finishes executed at the factory. Remember, i'm as detached as you guys are from the production process. I have no real input other than the suggestions and images i provide to Kurt.

If you want it to look a certain way, make sure Kurt knows it.

raisingfear101

Reaction score
hmm, i think i like how the mockup looks now better than the actual finish. hmm, it still nice thought. but so is ocean burst. i personally feel that ocean burst is either gonna be incredibly amazing or a complete failure, and i dont know if im willing to risk it. damn. i really need to make a decision.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
the dark burst is growing on me...

and yeah, i´d rather have a satin finish than glossy, no matter what color it is :p

gah, i need CASH! :p

TimothyLeary

Tune in, Drop out
Reaction score
hi guys, I have a question for you.

When I'm playing with my intrepid I ear very much the noise that the left hand makes when move around chords and frets. Specially when I'm riffing with speed(not too much)

Do you think its a issue with electronics? Or is just a problem with my type of playing?

Kronpox

shrent? shrent.
Reaction score
I feel the same thing. I thought it was the Lundgren in mine, but it might just be a fact of having so many strings being picked up at once.

TimothyLeary

Tune in, Drop out
Reaction score
I feel the same thing. I thought it was the Lundgren in mine, but it might just be a fact of having so many strings being picked up at once.

maybe, but when playing power chords, that are in the 3 low strings it makes a lot of "hand noise" too. :scratch:

FireaL

TwoStringsTooMany
Reaction score
you sir, are on top of things. :D

:yesway: well if he says it will be like the dark burst which personally i think looks like the finish you'd get on an epi les paul special 2:noplease:

I'll just pay a little bit more for a transluscent finish.

Kronpox

shrent? shrent.
Reaction score
maybe, but when playing power chords, that are in the 3 low strings it makes a lot of "hand noise" too. :scratch:

:shrug: could just be bigger windings on the strings, or that your hand has to reach past more wound strings (and rub against them) to get to the low power chords. Wound strings usually makes more 'hand noise' than plains.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Th brightness imparted by the extended scale is also likely a factor in the amount of string noise.

Guys, do you really think i haven't already sent all of these mockups to Kurt?

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Th brightness imparted by the extended scale is also likely a factor in the amount of string noise.

Guys, do you really think i haven't already sent all of these mockups to Kurt?

i think he meant the mockup someone else did, with the oceanburst pro. the one with the deeper and darker blue and stuff.

also, i hate that these are done in "runs"... why not just have "waves"? like a small run every two months? (just so i can have one, i mean!?)

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Ack. A warning that preorders were going to be time based rather than stock based would have been nice. Oh well, no 8 for me. :(

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Ack. A warning that preorders were going to be time based rather than stock based would have been nice. Oh well, no 8 for me. :(

yeah, i really don´t think the whole time based ordering thing is a good idea. what would be wrong with another bunch of orders? more business can´t be bad, can it?

Kurt! customers! over here! re-open the run! DEAR GOD, MAN!

')