The Official Agile ERG Thread

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
I don't even think it looks white. The fretboard maple is very light. It just looks like that same shade of maple with a shadow over it. Being next to the darker maple makes it look a bit brighter in contrast. If you let your brain assume that the front of the fretboard and the back of the neck are the same color (which isn't hard to do in that picture), then the edge of the board does start to look white, but keeping the different shades in mind, it just looks like the edge of the fretboard. I could be wrong, but that's how I see it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RomeApartJizzy

I'm really a drummer
Reaction score
BTW, Kurt did say he will post more pics on his site as he gets them. I'm sure due to the second run colors available, he probably knows how anticipated this run is...

COBHC

Belongs On 1 String
Reaction score
Cant wait to see the bloodburst pics. Will only make the wait more painful though. Unless they end up looking like crap lol

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I do like the new headstock a lot better.

The original Intrepid headstock was designed the way it was because the whole instrument was based on the Brice Defiant bass, and not knowing if this instrument was going to potentially be marketed as a Brice, an Agile, or whatever, i decided to try and keep it as close to the original design as possible, for brand consistency. In order to meet my own design goals, i simply pinched the tip to be narrower, to allow the strings to pull in a straight line from the nut to the tuners. That was the first design i came up with for it, and that's how it remained throughout the nearly 2-year development process.

After they were built, another builder voiced concerns over its passing resemblance to their own headstock shape, so it was redesigned out of respect for that builder, even though i disagreed about the suggestion that there was an infringement. Had i been thinking of an original design instead of adapting the Brice bass headstock for the Intrepid, this new headstock is probably what would have gone on these in the first place.

So those who have Intrepids from the original run can be happy knowing they have the rare and desirable "pre-redesign" models! ;)

lefty robb

Shred like a mofo
Contributor
Reaction score
He replied and stated he only has these from the factory as of now...

IntrepinstdOBMN3.jpg

aww they didn't move the pickup back.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
damn! that looks ten times more amazing than i would have imagined! :O

the same goes for all the earlier finishes too, i was skeptical of them until they came out looking amazing :p

i love the fact that these are satin finished as well, it´s like the shape is just meant to be satin :p

there´s one part that bugs me just a little bit though, and that´s the bevel on the ass end. i love how it looks in most cases, but in many cases the finish is darker on the bevel, or the bevel is shadowed. this kinda creates a weird illusion of that part being much smaller than it seems, and then the bottom rear looks like it´s tumor-shaped or something. i´m thinking maybe the actual bevel could be less "steep"?

i wouldn´t be able to properly judge it unless i had one in my own hands though.

nedheftyfunk

Reaction score
Got mail from back from Kurt saying he can add a hardcase to the order and ship it in it. :hbang:

That ocean burst looks great, but I think it's just the fretboard, not binding. :shred:

lefty robb

Shred like a mofo
Contributor
Reaction score
Very nice, I'm glad I got a bolt-on version, that neck-joint looks pretty yummy =p

Yeah, if that's how all the neck joints are going to be on the bolt-on's I'm glad I got the Standard, I was afraid of a massive heel, but these look better than the Ibanez AANJ's. :bowdown:

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
Yeah, that bolt-on does look pretty sexy, but I always like a good neck-thru heel. The smoothness is just so... smooth.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Anybody else breathing a sigh of disappointment every time rondo e-mails them and it isn't an update on their intrepid?

Yes!!

I am keeping my fingers crossed to have a tracking number by the end of this week.

But the transportation class I am taking this semester has me worried. Importing regulations can add almost a week of delivery time, with the containers sitting on the ship in port. :wallbash::wallbash:

')