The Official Agile ERG Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stuh84

The Viking himself
Contributor
Reaction score
Going home in an hour to mine, not bad to say I'm in the UK, only took 4 days :D

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
hey at least you guys are getting them! i mean yes i do have a first run intrepid but god i want a new one too! and i dont have the money right now!

troyguitar

Reaction score
I am thinking about building a version of the pro with a Kahler Trem

Comments ?

Interest ?

Kahler 8-string Tremolo & Hybrid Bridges » Music gadgets » Musical instruments, guitar, bass, piano, gadgets, amps, drums, keyboard, midi, percussion, synth

Also will be looking for comments on changes / new variations for our July shipment in the Intrepid.

Kurt

Hi Kurt,

I think that would be a fantastic idea. In fact, I've been planning to build a pair of 8-strings myself since customs are too expensive for me. If you make the following model I will preorder one for sure (two if I can come up with the money in time...):

Intrepid Standard (Perhaps call it Intrepid Lead?)
25.5" - 26.5" scale (prefer 25.5)
Dual Passive pickups
Kahler 7328 tremelo
The rest of the specs don't matter

This would be great for the guys like myself who are more interested in an 8-string for the additional possibilities in LEAD playing rather than the folks who are more Rhythm oriented. The price of the Hipshot bridge online is $114 and the Kahler is $259, so you could probably keep the cost under $800. At that price it's not worth my time to build two myself instead of buying them from you, so I say GO FOR IT! :shred:

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I've been planning to build a pair of 8-strings myself since customs are too expensive for me.

Building a guitar yourself is almost NEVER going to save you money. You have to pay retail for all of your parts, and invest a huge amount of time to get a decent-quality, playable instrument. Yes, it's going to be cheaper than going custom, but not as affordable as a production instrument.

That's what inspired the creation of the Intrepid in the first place. :)

dsm3sx

Rise and Fall
Reaction score

Comments ?

Interest ?

Kahler 8-string Tremolo & Hybrid Bridges » Music gadgets » Musical instruments, guitar, bass, piano, gadgets, amps, drums, keyboard, midi, percussion, synth

Also will be looking for comments on changes / new variations for our July shipment in the Intrepid.

Kurt

I think a kahler would be great for the trem guys.

One suggestion for the next run pick-up spacing from the bridge, It should be just a little closer to the bridge.

May be some different wood selections for the next run.....Swamp Ash or Alder body.... Wenge/maple neck... rosewood or ebony fretboard

Or even offering a nice quilted or Flame maple top

Hell, A tribal red version would be bad-ass (a-la Interceptor pro 27)

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
I'm going to be playing my Intrepid in about an hour and a half.

dsm3sx

Rise and Fall
Reaction score
Can any body else check the string gauge on the F# string?

Did any one else receive a .060 instead of the .072 spec'd out on the rondo page?

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Does the string thing really matter? The first thing I do when I get a new guitar is put new strings on it. Stock strings are rarely worth a crap by the time you get to them.

amassivetree

Reaction score
I also think the Kahler would be a great idea too : Im interested in an ERG with a trem, and have been thinking about getting a nice seven with a floyd, but a Kahler Intrepid would be perfect. I was thinking about adding one to an Intrepid myself, but not sure about the woodworking and having the string-through holes in the body afterwards.

troyguitar

Reaction score
Building a guitar yourself is almost NEVER going to save you money. You have to pay retail for all of your parts, and invest a huge amount of time to get a decent-quality, playable instrument. Yes, it's going to be cheaper than going custom, but not as affordable as a production instrument.

That's what inspired the creation of the Intrepid in the first place. :)

Eh, even at retail prices it is relatively cheap if you're like me and have all of the tools you would need already. If I don't count time, my cost for my 8-string build will be like this:

Woods - 200
Kahler Bridge - 260
Cepheus Pickups - 175
Tuners - 50
Quart of Tung Oil - 15
Knobs, Pots, Screws, Fretwire, etc. - 100

Total: ~$800 for a neck-thru 8 string to my own specs plus a whole bunch of my time but that has no real monetary value. And I get to refine my luthier skills a bit...

But if Kurt will make something close enough to what I want for about the same price, I'm willing to give him the money.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
BTW, guys... Kurt has been receiving a number of custom orders for an Interceptor 8, so he's thinking about making a production version.

Just more food for thought. ;)

Våd Hamster

Reaction score
BTW, guys... Kurt has been receiving a number of custom orders for an Interceptor 8, so he's thinking about making a production version.

Just what I needed... More GAS :scream:

I'd be all over that. Even if I already had an Intrepid.

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
Våd Hamster;1409162 said:
Just what I needed... More GAS :scream:

I'd be all over that. Even if I already had an Intrepid.

True that. Im already hurting because not only did I just buy a pro, im going to order a dual standard next week when they become available.

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score

I might want one. Depending on what happens with my Intrepid.

And the Kahler sounds like a good idea. I don't really use trems so I wouldn't want one but there are lots of people who would.

Reaction score

Comments ?

Interest ?

Kurt

Kurt, if you made one of these, and gave it a full body satin black finish, I would buy it. Couldn't possibly be happier with my Intrepid.

stuh84

The Viking himself
Contributor
Reaction score
2640_67492483783_504693783_2216221_4078790_n.jpg

Latest posts

')