The Official Agile ERG Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm using 9-42 + 56 + 72, i think. Elixir doesn't make a guitar string that heavy, so i use a bass string on the bottom.

And i stick in standard tuning, except for the bottom string, which i usually drop down a full step to EBEADGBE. Sometimes i also do DAEADGBE.

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
You're using those gauges in standard tuning at 28.625"? Daaamn you've got like 30% higher tension than me on the first 3 strings and 60% higher on strings 4 - 7 (no 8th string yet...).

Those are actually the gauges I would use for a 25.5" scale 8. Insane!

I can still 3 step bend, and the strings are taut enough to trem-pick without going all over the place. I may go slacker at the top next time but not by much.

I'd hate to use those with a 25.5 8 string...! I'm a 10 - 46/10 - 59 user on 24.75 -> 26.5 scale 6 & 7s.

jamesmafyew

Reaction score
It's here! Everything I heard about how nice the neck was is completely true. It needs new strings and a good wipe-down, and maybe some minor setup adjustments, but otherwise, very nice.:hbang:

Pics later (i.e. after work.... yes, I opened the box at work on my lunch break)

amassivetree

Reaction score
Took off work today, should be any minute now.

When will we know about the third run? I thought I had enough guitars for a while until I heard of a possible Kahler option.

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
Some pics of my Pro:

CIMG1010.jpg

CIMG1011.jpg

CIMG1012.jpg

CIMG1013.jpg

CIMG1014.jpg

CIMG1015.jpg

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
That's a knot in the wood. I kinda like it. I think it adds character, a certain degree of uniqueness.

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
I see kurt has ghostburst dual standards available, too bad its maple instead of rosewood because that would look really nice.

Bakerman

Reaction score
Has anyone else with a standard been unable to intonate the high E string? I have the screw about 1 full turn into the saddle to just barely grab it and the 24th fret note is ~15 cents flat. The saddle-to-12th distance is measurably greater than nut-to-12th by somewhere between 2 & 3 mm, and I'm pretty sure the high B and D strings will end up flat at the current limit with slightly lower action... search for longer screws in progress.

DagMX

Reaction score
this is so cruel....i have to wait till tomorrow to hopefully receive my guitar...and I have class to attend in the morning...damn fedex tracking hasn't even updated since friday...

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Trying to put together a set of strings for this thing is kind of frustrating. I want to try a balanced set of Elixers, but they skip so many ranges of gauges that it makes it difficult to get a set that works together. Meh.

tian

Reaction score
I couldn't keep the GAS at bay any longer and pulled the trigger on a Dual Standard. Now the wait...

')