The Official Agile ERG Thread

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
I was looking at them. With daddarios the make titanium up to size .041 and stainless steel up to size .056

Im trying to find out if it really is the nickel thats making me break out

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Is it just on your picking hand? Maybe it's something to do with the plating process used on the bridge.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Yes it is only on the palm muting part of my picking hand. I notice that when I play hard for a long period my hands sweat pretty profusely so when I was in Iraq in the summertime in 140 something degree weather I thought maybe it was just a heat rash but it kept coming back.

The pic isnt very clear and thats also after a couple days healing with no playing. When I play it my skin bubbles up and itches like hell and I scratch and rub it and it gets all red and irritated and the bubbles pop open. Theres a clear liquid that comes out of it and then it scabs.

lefty robb

Shred like a mofo
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes it is only on the palm muting part of my picking hand. I notice that when I play hard for a long period my hands sweat pretty profusely so when I was in Iraq in the summertime in 140 something degree weather I thought maybe it was just a heat rash but it kept coming back.

The pic isnt very clear and thats also after a couple days healing with no playing. When I play it my skin bubbles up and itches like hell and I scratch and rub it and it gets all red and irritated and the bubbles pop open. Theres a clear liquid that comes out of it and then it scabs.

I get that on my hands, its eczema.

Hmm, its interesting that other people are having issues intonating it as well, I can't seem to get the low B and F# to sound right at all, all the power chords seem to sound off, yet its tuned to pitch on the open and 12th, but then I notice that individually fretted notes are sharp, and on 24 its very sharp yet the harmonic is in tune, but I wasn't going to mention this until I put new strings on it.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Harmonics will always be in tune to the open string. It's the fretted notes that need the compensation.

If the fretted note at the 12th fret is sharp compared to the harmonic, it means the fretted note is less than half of the length of the string and the saddle needs to move back away from the nut. If the fretted note is flat, it needs to move closer to the nut.

TimothyLeary

Tune in, Drop out
Reaction score
Harmonics will always be in tune to the open string. It's the fretted notes that need the compensation.

If the fretted note at the 12th fret is sharp compared to the harmonic, it means the fretted note is less than half of the length of the string and the saddle needs to move back away from the nut. If the fretted note is flat, it needs to move closer to the nut.

when a tune like meshuggah(F in the low string), my fretted note on 12th fret is slightly sharp than my harmonic, but I think I can't move my saddle back, it seems it's all way back. Now I understand why people are always talking about the saddles and the intonation on intrepid! :scratch:

DrunkenMonkey

DrunkenMonkey
Reaction score
I have mine tuned to F as well, and I have the same problem. It's only the open string, and it isn't fret buzz. I can't find any loose hardware either.

Could it be behind the nut? Perhaps that 'foam silencer' trick might help.

lefty robb

Shred like a mofo
Contributor
Reaction score

Yeah, I know, but the fretted note @ 24 is way sharp, ok @ open and 12. It got better @ 24 when I lowered the action, thinking that the effect of pressing down such a thick string was just like bending it up a little.

stuh84

The Viking himself
Contributor
Reaction score

Thats what I did, silenced mine right down :)

2640_67477478783_504693783_2215938_2873148_n.jpg

Seeeee? :)

jamesmafyew

Reaction score

I tried that. Since it's an open string, I can pluck it with one hand and hold down different parts of the string or hardware with the other hand, and I checked to see if this was the issue (I know it's pretty common actually), and it wasn't. There's something else wrong, so I'll keep looking. :scratch:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
so just a question here. does anyone know where i can find nickel free strings for an agile? say 9-42 standard yeah i can find those but what about a 60 and a 80?? or something close for the 2 low strings?

PM Ricez about strings. I know he was offering custom sets for members so he may be able to help you find them.

DagMX

Reaction score
oh god! i got it!
I was literally waiting around my room for the fedex guy to ring the bell, got an email saying it had been delivered? So I ran down to see whats up and my roomate walks into the house with the fedex package....i was so happy...

its a bloodburst standard dual pickup with rosewood fretboard....ill post pics later....
came in the case which is a little long but i dont care...perfect condition except the 8th string is obviously too thin....ill take care of that tomorrow....

its so beautiful and the neck is a dream

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
So another mixup to report:

I ordered a single pickup charcoal standard during the pre-orders. Every invoice I had since then said single pickup. When I received delivery today, inside was a dual pickup standard. I must say it was gorgeous. I wanted to keep it, but I already had it reserved for Victor (remorse is for the dead). In fact, he was there when I opened it. It was a nice surprise. So he gets a dual standard for the price of a single standard.

')