The Official Agile ERG Thread

DagMX

Reaction score
gazooks....i wait so long for this beauty...and I break a string and have no replacements on hand....:mad:
atleast tis only the high E. I was tuning down a half step and it snapped.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DagMX

Reaction score
How did it break tuning down?

your guess is as good as mine...
Maybe because the guitar travelled through a lot of different climates over the past few days so the strings didnt react well? idk...oh well...

umm what strings do you guys recomend for tuning to F standard for a guy who likes to tune with 10-52s at E standard on a 25.5 6 string?

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
I'm not an expert, but I'd try 10-52+66+80 if you like oodles of tension.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe because the guitar travelled through a lot of different climates over the past few days so the strings didnt react well? idk...oh well...

Yeah, that seems pretty logical. I mean it's been snowy in the NE region, plus going overseas into some heat in India probably messed with the strings

First time I've heard this happen, but I guess it goes to show that it can still happen

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score
@DagMX: If you don't like adjusting the truss rods then you should probably back it off a little. I'm using a 10-46+56+68 in F, and it's working just fine for me.

DagMX

Reaction score
Yeah, that seems pretty logical. I mean it's been snowy in the NE region, plus going overseas into some heat in India probably messed with the strings

First time I've heard this happen, but I guess it goes to show that it can still happen
oh i should update thaat...im in vancouver right now...but it came through alberta where it was about -20ish while it was there....oh well....new strings are a good thing...

and I can still play most of meshuggah....combustion is such a great song to play...

stuh84

The Viking himself
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm using 9-46, plus 60 and 80 in F#, and its plenty thick, but doesn't feel TOO thick.

troyguitar

Reaction score

umm what strings do you guys recomend for tuning to F standard for a guy who likes to tune with 10-52s at E standard on a 25.5 6 string?

To achieve similar tension to your normal setup, in standard F# tuning, on the 28.625" scale you will want the following:

9-46 + ~.062 + ~.080

If you meant F standard as in a half step down, then it's more like your normal 10-52 + ~.066 + ~.086 if you can find one.

Bakerman

Reaction score
If anyone else needs longer intonation screws and can't find them at a local store, I'm pretty sure 3 mm width (0.5 mm thread pitch) is the correct type, and 20 mm should be a good length (stock ones are 16 mm). Search for item # 92005A128 at mcmaster.com for an example or just navigate though using those specs--they have quite a few of that type.

Anthony

Banned
Reaction score
I am officially in love with this guitar. And that's not the honeymoon talking.

troyguitar

Reaction score
Holy shit, that 86 is going to be tight as hell!

Not really according to what I've found online.

.052 tuned to regular E at 25.5" is ~25 lbs. of tension, which is what he's used to.

.086 tuned to the F below that at 28.625" is only ~21lbs. of tension.

DagMX

Reaction score

.052 tuned to regular E at 25.5" is ~25 lbs. of tension, which is what he's used to.

hmm i should have done the tension calculator thing...
an 86 sounds awesome in theory....but would the tuners accept it? I'll buy one just in case either way...

eegor

Theoretical Reality
Reaction score

Compared to the ~14lbs. of tension I'm used to, it's quite a bit.

Also, about the tuners accepting the 86, you just need to unwind the end of the string, just enough to get it in the tuner and have some slack.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
I'm going down to about 11 pounds or so for my set. I'd prefer more, but I really don't want to inch too close to a .080" on the low string.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
I want to use Elixers if I get one. Will a .10-.46 + a .56 and .68 work okay or it that too light for an 8? If I remember correctly Zimbloth used a slightly lighter set on his RG2228 and it is shorter scale. His sounds brutal.

remorse is for the dead

Reaction score
So another mixup to report:

I ordered a single pickup charcoal standard during the pre-orders. Every invoice I had since then said single pickup. When I received delivery today, inside was a dual pickup standard. I must say it was gorgeous. I wanted to keep it, but I already had it reserved for Victor (remorse is for the dead). In fact, he was there when I opened it. It was a nice surprise. So he gets a dual standard for the price of a single standard.

intrepid01.png

intrepid02.png

intrepid03.png

:bowdown: Thanks Matt :hbang:

')