The Official Agile ERG Thread

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Nice pictures, guys! Mine should be here in a few hours. It's been "out for delivery" for nine hours now. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
well well well. my bloodburst dual standard rosewood is waiting at my friend jeremys house. i will go and pick it up in the morning. i also have a 5 string rondo jazz bass going there. and 2 set of hipshot replacement locking tuners. if you guys are interested this guy sells tuners for ERGs so that you dont have to buy 2 left sets and 2 right sets. www.tkinstruments.com

proggm

Reaction score
It's here!
I'm very happy about this one. The finish is very good, no problems/chops/whatever there :D. It's been set up pretty good, though I'm sure that it's gonna need some work when I change the strings. I think it will be a little hard to get used to scale, but that's no problem.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Got mine! I felt like a tool. I was waiting around all morning for the UPS guy to ring the doorbell, and he just dropped it off near the door. I finally went out side, and it was just sitting there! Anyway, I'll post pics, but a few comments at this point:

1) Larger scale seems fine. I was super worried about this, but it looks like it'll be a non issue.
2) I got the action down under 2mm on high E, and at 2.00 on B and F#, but the nut is too high. The strings go a little sharp fretting at the first fret. I'm gonna swing it by my local music store to have the guy drag a file through the nut a few times to get the strings down closer to the first fret.
3) This thing looks WAY better in person than in photos (It's the OB pro).
4) It's HEAVY! Not unreasonable, but I'll never forget which guitar I'm playing!
5) The intonation seems correct (I had to run to work, but I checked it with my little Korg tuner real quick). I don't think that'll be an issue on mine.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Mine is here! I won't bother with any picstories or even any pictures since there are plenty already, but so far so good. There was some damage to the shipping box that went straight through to the case, but the case, and more importantly, the guitar, seem undamaged. Actually, on further inspection, there's some damage on the inside of the case. The strap button seems to have dug into the case and left a nasty dent. That alone isn't a huge deal, though, I guess. The case fits the guitar a bit better than I was expecting. It's a little loose, but an inch or so of foam should make it snug.

The guitar itself is pretty nice. There's a bit of scratching on the bridge as there seems to have been on most of them, but it's a lot less obvious (further back) than the scratches on the last run. Had I not looked specifically for those scratches, I'd be unaware of them. The neck width is great. It's just a bit less wide than the neck on an SR506 bass, which feels great in my hands. When I put my hand on the fretboard, my fingers reach out just far enough to comfortably reach one more string, which will probably start giving me ideas before too long.

The neck is comfy and fast for being so big. Fret access is pretty decent, even up to the 24th fret. It's slightly less comfortable hitting the 24th fret on the lowest string, but it's still easily doable. This is my first guitar with no inlays, and it's taking a lot of getting used to. I'm getting lost on the high strings, but I'm sure I'll adapt.

I'm a bit underwhelmed at the tone from it right now, but I'm sure that's mostly because of the strings. They suck, but I expected them to. The bridge pickup sounds just slightly too much like a middle pickup. This doesn't seem to be an issue for anyone else, though, so I'm not going to whine about it too much until I get new strings on it. The lowest two strings look like about the same gauge, and when I tune them both down to the same F, the bottom string is only very slightly tighter. Considering how light the gauge is, I'm a little impressed at how well it handles at F, though it's still a bit too floppy, even for me. I want to tune that string down to Eb, anyway.

So yeah, so far, I'm pretty pleased with it. There are some minor things to work out, but nothing too bad. As a side note, this thing makes my bassist's 5-string look puny and weak when they're next to each other in my guitar rack. :lol:

Darren, I think I owe you a beer. :cheers:

Collapse

Reaction score
here is my Nat pro that came today, guitar is perfect, case not so
case.jpg

8string3.jpg

8string2.jpg

djohns74

Reaction score
I'm a bit underwhelmed at the tone from it right now, but I'm sure that's mostly because of the strings. They suck, but I expected them to. The bridge pickup sounds just slightly too much like a middle pickup. This doesn't seem to be an issue for anyone else, though, so I'm not going to whine about it too much until I get new strings on it. The lowest two strings look like about the same gauge, and when I tune them both down to the same F, the bottom string is only very slightly tighter. Considering how light the gauge is, I'm a little impressed at how well it handles at F, though it's still a bit too floppy, even for me. I want to tune that string down to Eb, anyway.

"Underwhelmed" is actually a perfect word to describe how I felt about the sound initially, and I will say that for me at least, putting my new strings on it was like a night and day difference. :yesway:

stuh84

The Viking himself
Contributor
Reaction score

I found that initially myself if I'm honest, however, new strings did help greatly with it, and also I found running through my rig at the rehearsal room rather than my amp at home helped too.

Once I get a passive pickup in there too, I'm expecting pretty much all that to go, its still there a little, but not enough to worry about now :)

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
wow i just put some daddarios on my old style standard. jesus that is a huge difference. i love em!!! never goin back! well i will have to get guitar strings online next time. i just snagged a 9-42 standard set and a 45-100 bass set from guitar center and merged them and threw out the extras. so its now .009 .011 .016 .024 .032 .045(bass) .060(bass) .080(bass) and let me tell you i think the bigger sizes make a great deal of difference also. its fucking chuggalicious in f sharp standard and it handles drop e with no flub! i love it! im going back to chugging now!

good thing i got enough for 2 sets. when i go pick up my new standard tomorrow or tonight the first thing i will do is restring it.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
As soon as mine arrives the strings will get changed. I already got my order from juststrings. Those guys are awesome. Like 3 days to the door. I am just debating on going .9-.42 w/ a .56 and .68 or .10-.46 w/ a .56 and .68. Also I need more pics of that ghostburst please :)

mmotorsport

Reaction score
Are bass strings fitting in the ferrules alright? I wasn't sure they would fit. If they do thats great because that now opens up a few more choices in gauges.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
I think someone posted a picture of the end of a bass string not fitting. It's really not a big deal, though. My other baritone is like that, and it works just fine.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
yea i posted that pic actually lol. but yeah they do not fit. but i dont care because its on the back and noone knows but me. and now all of you. so lets just keep that our little secret

mmotorsport

Reaction score
where did u post that or could u re-post the pic so i can see what i would be dealing with?

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Guys, just buy some heavy gauge guitar strings.

Ernie Ball makes guitar strings up to I think a .090, I have a .074 on mine and it has a regular guitar ball end. You can get them at juststrings.com

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Yeah, but a lot of people don't like Ernie Ball. I think D'Addario makes up to a .080", but most brands don't go up much past .060". I'm going to try Elixers this round, though after playing with the stock strings, if that's really a .060" on there, I think the .068" will work just fine for me. But I digress. The point is that people tend to prefer certain brands, and unfortunately, a lot of brands don't have guitar strings in really thick gauges.

Sir Euric

8 strings of lore
Reaction score
:agreed: As I said a few posts back. juststrings.com is awesome.

Yep I just ordered 2 of each from juststrings.com
daddarios .009, .011, .016, .024, .032, .046, .060, .080

:hbang::hbang::shred::shred:

Yep I just ordered 2 of each from juststrings.com
daddarios .009, .011, .016, .024, .032, .046, .060, .080

:hbang::hbang::shred::shred:

It was $31.78 all, and $12.95 for shipping, so grand total is $44.73

')