The Official Agile ERG Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jayarpeggios

Reaction score
hey on the agile 8's how good are they for the stage... death metal so lots of distortion... are the agile PUPs good enough to handle the range and also not cause feedback at high volume levels (or should i put in 808's?)... and how low can you get the action on these things without buzz(some pictures if you can).. i was thinking about getting a custom one but it has to be good enough for the stage and a professional stage at that... let me know what you guys think and also if you can let me know if youre a hobbist, stage musician, or professional stage musician... thanks :)

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
Um, having a Pro, you can set them to a seriously low action. Go passive rather then 808 if possible. Even the 808 winds up well with plenty of gain but I'd rather have a passive (run 2 preorders all the Pros were active).

What I am = played a whole shitload of times on stage but never with an 8, and generally at a financial loss. But I've applied loads of front end gain when I've done it. ;)

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
The pickups are pretty damn decent for stocks. You'll probably want to change them eventually, but they work pretty well in the meantime. I haven't used it live, but I have a decent number of shows under my belt, and I'd feel quite confident using it live, even stock.

Pingu

NOOT NOOT
Reaction score
Didn't read through the past few posts but...

Anyone in the October run hear anything from Kurt yet?

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
So, I took the truss rod cover off my Intrepid and now I'm trying to figure out what to do with the screw holes. For the time being, I have just left the screws in there. I'm contemplating getting some shorter, headless hex screws so that the holes are filled but flush with the headstock surface. I'm open to creative solutions though. Ideas?

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
So, I took the truss rod cover off my Intrepid and now I'm trying to figure out what to do with the screw holes. For the time being, I have just left the screws in there. I'm contemplating getting some shorter, headless hex screws so that the holes are filled but flush with the headstock surface. I'm open to creative solutions though. Ideas?
Mabey leave the cover on LOL. I know it didnt look quite right on the old headstock but ive actually had comments saying the cover fir the look of the new headstock.

greenIVIONSTER

Reaction score
What's up everyone? First time poster here so a million pardons if this question has been brought up already but...

Does ANYONE know the date when custom ordering for the Agile Intrepid 8 will be open again? I'm really contemplating placing an order for the next shipment depending on my financial status at the time. If anybody could answer this question for me it would be most appreciated!

One last question! Does Agile come out on top as the superior instrument above all other 8-strings on the market? I read nothing but good things about Agile and I just need a little more assurance that this is the 8-string I should really buy!

Thanks dudes! Glad to be a part of the forum!
-Justin (greenIVIONSTER)

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
What's up everyone? First time poster here so a million pardons if this question has been brought up already but...

Does ANYONE know the date when custom ordering for the Agile Intrepid 8 will be open again? I'm really contemplating placing an order for the next shipment depending on my financial status at the time. If anybody could answer this question for me it would be most appreciated!

One last question! Does Agile come out on top as the superior instrument above all other 8-strings on the market? I read nothing but good things about Agile and I just need a little more assurance that this is the 8-string I should really buy!

-Justin (greenIVIONSTER)

:welcome:

I'd hazzard a guess that the Agile CS will open up again early next year, but it's hard to be sure. If you really need to know, you might want to email Kurt directly. As far as being superior, it depends on what you're after. I doubt it's the most luxuriously crafted production 8 out there (not that I'm trying to say it's lacking; I love mine) but it has specs that aren't available from other manufacturers currently.

AvantGuardian

Orange Vigilante
Reaction score

My Bloodburst/Maple Dual Standard was sent out on Tuesday, scheduled to arrive here next Tuesday. Kurt should move his operations here to Seattle to cut down on shipping costs from Korea (my guitar may have passed through here already) and, more importantly, so I get my stuff faster.

Santuzzo

Reaction score

-Justin (greenIVIONSTER)

:welcome:

I'd hazzard a guess that the Agile CS will open up again early next year, but it's hard to be sure. If you really need to know, you might want to email Kurt directly. As far as being superior, it depends on what you're after. I doubt it's the most luxuriously crafted production 8 out there (not that I'm trying to say it's lacking; I love mine) but it has specs that aren't available from other manufacturers currently.

I e-mailed Kurt a few days ago:

Rondomusic will probabaly take orders again around January 2010.
I just e-mailed Kurt a few days ago with thaty question and that's what he answered!:agreed::yesway:

Can't wait to finally order an Intrepid!:shred:

greenIVIONSTER

Reaction score
Thanks a lot Santuzzo! Looks like I've got some saving to do for my first 8-string!!! :mf666:

I've already started making a mock-up of the custom I want. Will definitely post it once I decide if it is...THE ONE.

Thanks again!

Santuzzo

Reaction score
Thanks a lot Santuzzo! Looks like I've got some saving to do for my first 8-string!!! :mf666:

I've already started making a mock-up of the custom I want. Will definitely post it once I decide if it is...THE ONE.

Thanks again!

No problem, man!:yesway:

I was almost ordering an Interpid in the last run, but I could not decide on fretboard wood, scale length and color. But the next run I will definitely get an Interpid!!! Can't wait:shred:

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
Mabey leave the cover on LOL. I know it didnt look quite right on the old headstock but ive actually had comments saying the cover fir the look of the new headstock.

:rolleyes: Thanks. Hahaha.

I left the cover on for a while but I just think it looks better with more of the finish showing and thankfully the finish in the truss rod cavities is well done. If I could match the color of the bloodburst then I'd figure out some way to plug the holes and match it but, apart from making a way too huge project out of it, I'm probably not going to go that route.

matttttYCE

Reaction score

I was emailed on Monday the 12th saying my Intrepid was ready for shipment/asking for the final payment (though, I REALLY think this was a leftover Intrepid Pro lefty from LAST run because there's been one up on the site for a long ass time and there's been suspiciously few NGD threads for October run Agiles). I sent the payment Tuesday the 13th (via USPS money order/mail) and I haven't heard anything else yet. I'm beginning to worry that the money order was lost or something because it should've been to Kurt by now. I've just emailed Kurt earlier this evening, so we shall see if he's got it yet or not.

Pingu

NOOT NOOT
Reaction score
I was emailed on Monday the 12th saying my Intrepid was ready for shipment/asking for the final payment (though, I REALLY think this was a leftover Intrepid Pro lefty from LAST run because there's been one up on the site for a long ass time and there's been suspiciously few NGD threads for October run Agiles). I sent the payment Tuesday the 13th (via USPS money order/mail) and I haven't heard anything else yet. I'm beginning to worry that the money order was lost or something because it should've been to Kurt by now. I've just emailed Kurt earlier this evening, so we shall see if he's got it yet or not.

I'm not sure if it's a left over from the last run because it's around that time where people would have to pay and have their guitars sent out but it might be too early to receive them? Hopefully in the morning Kurt'll reply saying whether or not he got your money order or not but sometimes delays do happen.

As with my story... Finally a reply!

Pre story: Two months ago? Whenever the last run was they were shipping out some left overs to people from this run. I got a payment request and paid and then Kurt told me that they didn't actually have one for me and I got the second half of my payment refunded.

Anyway. Last night (17th) I sent an email to Kurt asking about my order. He told me that I didn't get a payment request because of the above story. So I paid tonight and hopefully it'll ship out tomorrow or something.

matttttYCE

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's a left over from the last run because it's around that time where people would have to pay and have their guitars sent out but it might be too early to receive them? Hopefully in the morning Kurt'll reply saying whether or not he got your money order or not but sometimes delays do happen.

As with my story... Finally a reply!

Pre story: Two months ago? Whenever the last run was they were shipping out some left overs to people from this run. I got a payment request and paid and then Kurt told me that they didn't actually have one for me and I got the second half of my payment refunded.

Anyway. Last night (17th) I sent an email to Kurt asking about my order. He told me that I didn't get a payment request because of the above story. So I paid tonight and hopefully it'll ship out tomorrow or something.

Well either way, it doesn't really matter as I don't think anything changed from the last run to the October run..Can anyone confirm that for me? I'm just kinda ticked that I could've had the guitar way earlier if I had had the funds when they contacted me about leftovers from last run. Also, I'm praying to the metal gods that it was just some mailing delay or that Kurt isn't shipping them out until a certain date or he has just been busy and hasn't gotten to it!

That sucks about you not being contacted..you probably could've had yours sooner. But at least yours should ship out very soon! That is, if they are all ready to ship out? Let me/us know if you hear anything from Kurt about yours being sent!

')