The Official Agile ERG Thread

Efilnikufesin

Reaction score
^Fuck yeah!!! I really can't wait to get this sweet sexy axe.:metal:
Btw are the EMG 81TW great pickups? I am building a guitar and I wanted only one pickup, I wanted to try EMG's and I thought that if they had coil tap it might be a nice deal...
I'm not as well versed in 8 string technology as the other people on this forum, but if Meshuggah is any guide, I'd go with lundgren m8's.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

space frog

Reaction score
^Thanx for the info. I am not building an 8 string guitar right now though, but if I ever do, I'll check them out.

6Christ6Denied6

Reaction score
just a quick question to those of you with a bolt on model, i am really hesitant about bolt ons, i just haven't had good experiences with them. however the only agile 8 string that i can find with all the other options that i want is a bolt on, and im having a hard time getting myself to buy it. so for the people out there with a bolt on model, is it worth the extra $ for a neck through or are you content with the bolt on?

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I'm pretty much a neck thru guy, so I'm going to have to vote for that, but I will tell you that if it's the heel you're worried about, be careful of the heel on the neck thru. I'm not sure why Rondo leaves it so bulky, but the neck through has a pretty substantial heel on it. That being said, I still prefer my Agile neck through to my Agile bolt-on.

Fler

Òran Mór
Reaction score
Is anyone aware of any updates in the development of the Pendulum/fanned fretted guitar Agile have on the way?

swayman

Reaction score
just a quick question to those of you with a bolt on model, i am really hesitant about bolt ons, i just haven't had good experiences with them. however the only agile 8 string that i can find with all the other options that i want is a bolt on, and im having a hard time getting myself to buy it. so for the people out there with a bolt on model, is it worth the extra $ for a neck through or are you content with the bolt on?

I have a bolt on buddy, I'm more than happy with it.

Just out of curiosity what are the bad experiences you've had with them?

6Christ6Denied6

Reaction score
I'm pretty much a neck thru guy, so I'm going to have to vote for that, but I will tell you that if it's the heel you're worried about, be careful of the heel on the neck thru. I'm not sure why Rondo leaves it so bulky, but the neck through has a pretty substantial heel on it. That being said, I still prefer my Agile neck through to my Agile bolt-on.

as long as it balances while i am standing im not to worried about the bulkiness of it, thanks.

6Christ6Denied6

Reaction score
I have a bolt on buddy, I'm more than happy with it.

Just out of curiosity what are the bad experiences you've had with them?

the only 2 bolt on guitars i have ever had i experienced alot of intonation problems, i had an ibanez set up professionally nice low action no buzz and then about a week later i notice the neck starting to bow alot. and i just dont like knowing that a guitar was made in 2 pieces and then stuck together, its like a person walking around with their body and someone else's legs. its strange i know. most of the time you see lower end guitars that are bolt on, thats not always the case but i feel that if i get a neck through i am getting a higher quality instrument.

space frog

Reaction score
^I think neck through is more stable. I like the idea that the guitar itself is only the neck, and that the wings of the body are only there for electronics and comfort.
I totally get what you mean, neck through is more like ONE guitar.

mgcasella

Reaction score
I've had both neck-thru guitars, as well as bolt-on ones and all have served me well.

As for the Agile Intrepids, mine is a bolt-on and I love it. I have had it about a month and have experienced zero issues :metal:

Demeyes

Reaction score
I had a guitar shipped from Rondo to Ireland and it arrived very quickly and without any damage. You will have to pay customs when the guitar gets to your country. How much that is depends on the rates for Italy.
Be aware though that you have no warranty on that guitar. Rondo don't cover people overseas so if you have problems with your guitar when you get it, you won't be covered by the usual full warranty that the people get in the states.

mgcasella

Reaction score
My neck feels a little rough in a few spots. It's no big deal but I was wondering what grit would be appropriate for sanding it down.

Also, is the neck unfinished? That's what it appears but I don't recall people on this forum mentioning it. I was thinking about buying some tung oil from Stew-Mac for finishing the neck. Does this provide adequate protection while keeping the neck smooth?

A quick search on how to refinish a neck did not turn up any results. Does anyone know where I can find out how to do this?

Sorry for the n00b questions - I just received this beast and have no prior experience with Intrepids.

mrhankey87

Banned
Reaction score
Vai tranquillo, io ne ho comprata una a febbraio. le tasse sono il 23% del totale pagato a Rondomusic....in sei giorni mi è arrivata a casa, dagli USA!

Dopethrone

Reaction score
Vai tranquillo, io ne ho comprata una a febbraio. le tasse sono il 23% del totale pagato a Rondomusic....in sei giorni mi è arrivata a casa, dagli USA!
Non hai avuto nessun tipo di problema con la dogana o simili? Per quanto riguarda il costo finale devo aggiungere un 23% del totale pagato a Rondo comprese le spedizioni? Grazie.

mrhankey87

Banned
Reaction score
Non hai avuto nessun tipo di problema con la dogana o simili? Per quanto riguarda il costo finale devo aggiungere un 23% del totale pagato a Rondo comprese le spedizioni? Grazie.

Compro settimanalmente dagli Usa, mai e ripeto MAI avuti problemi...FedEx poi sono eccezionali...sì il 23% del totale comprese le spese di spedizione. forse anche il 25%, ogni tanto fanno la cresta... :)

Santuzzo

Reaction score
I don't know what it will be like for Italy, but I just got my invoice from FedEx for the import and VAT tax last week and it was 144 Euro. I don't think that was bad, I was expecting something like 200.
So those 144 are an import tax and the VAT tax (which is 19% in The Netherlands)

You can look up what the import taxes are for Italy, I'm sure there must be a website.

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
Is anyone aware of any updates in the development of the Pendulum/fanned fretted guitar Agile have on the way?

I've emailed Kurt a few times and he said the prototypes (about 10 or so of them) will be on the site around the end of March (target date) and the actual models will be around May.

Fler

Òran Mór
Reaction score
Rad! That's some great news! Looking forward to seeing how they turn out. Probably will hang out for the actual models rather than jump at a proto though. That would be a cool little thing to own though...Shall see how it goes.

Latest posts

')