The Official Agile ERG Thread

tbar

8 String shredder
Reaction score
I own an agile intrepid 828 with passive pickups in it and an ibanez rg 2228 with emg 808s in it, i totally favour the ibanez its way more comfortable to play, the agile scale length is way to big and hinders my playing, my agile has a 28 inch scale as opposed to my ibanez rg that has
a 27 inch scale, the 27 inch scale with the ibanez neck is what i favour.

the agile...

the ibanez ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
If scale length is the only issue there are 27" Agiles.
I liked the Ibanez immensely too. Adjusting to the scale length was a breeze, the tone was almost perfect, and it felt like I was playing a quality instrument. However, i've been playing the 28.625" scale for quite a while with my Dolan customized Ibanez 7420, so when I got the Agile it didn't require any adjustment at all.
Also, considering the price difference between the two, the Agile becomes a no-brainer.

tbar

8 String shredder
Reaction score
id really like to check out a gurealla 8 string, good canadian made metal shredders.

Guerilla Guitars

M8-TANK.jpg

Hypothermia

Random Swede
Reaction score
Is it just me or is the paint/finish on the septors extremely fragile? I've already got 2 chips of paint flying of for simply bumping it lightly into a chair.

MTech

Banned
Reaction score
I had the same exact problem. The strings that come stock on them are NOT what they say they are. I use .09-.059 on my 7 strings, and the .069 was visably THICKER than the 8th string on my Agile 8.

It's not thicker, d'addario just uses larger wrap wire so it creates that illusion.

Phlegethon

Reaction score
id really like to check out a gurealla 8 string, good canadian made metal shredders.

Guerilla Guitars

M8-TANK.jpg

you mean there's a canadian guitar company that DOESN'T try to reproduce nothing but 59 les pauls, 54 strats, and the like? to be honest .. I'm a little disbelieving and wondering if they'll try to sneak a semi hollow 6 into your possession if you try to buy that eight. although it's certainly a great thing. having more variety is better, especially when it comes to ERG territory

zeaoth

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I do have an RGA8. Just hate the sound/muddy actives that comes out of it. I'll try out a few things def like the BK coldsweats. Do the the bk's fit in EMG covers? Does that alter the tone in any way( being in emg covers)?

Thanks guys.

blackzar84

Reaction score
Santuzzo, in a week i'll be in Amsterdam.
Can you tell me the exact amount of taxes in % for Netherlands??? Not only the VAT!!!
And would also like to know a couple of things more:

1 - Which amp u suggest to use with these guitars?
2 - Are really these guitars long scale (28.6) ones ??? Cos they seems to be smaller...

Koshchei

Banned
Reaction score
Looking for a Agile that is comparable to a RGA8 minus the muddy pups. Need some recommendations. Looking for a djenty sound i.e. Meshuggah, Tesseract, Vildhjarta. More of a rhythm player (the one string master F# clarity :shred:). Please no actives! :mad:

Got a POD 2 and UX1.

Budget 750. HELP!

Why get an 8, if you really only need a low F#? Get a bari 6, which will save you a bundle on strings and not ruin your back.

clintsal

Humbub
Reaction score
I have spent much time reading on the different characteristics between the two woods, and I am still trying to decide which one would be better for me. Either way I will choose the rosewood board, I like the feel of it best.

I have decided (subject to change, as always) that I want to go with the following pickup configuration:

BKP Aftermath bridge for the heavy heavies
BKP Warpig neck for darker jazz, thick lead (I do not [read:cannot] play high register shred-style leads)
Graphtech piezo-loaded hipshot saddles for clean, bright chording

Given my chosen pickup configuration (particularly the Warpig neck and Piezo system), which body wood would you choose, and why?

I am leaning towards the Ash, so that the Warpig balances it out, but I am unsure about the interaction between ash and the piezo or Aftermath. Anyone have experience?

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
I've heard bad things about a Warpig in ash, but fantastic things about a Warpig in Mahogany. I myself prefer Ash.

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
Why are you choosing the pickups before you decide on the body wood? Shouldn't you choose the wood first then make up your mind on the pickups? :scratch:

Latest posts

')