The Official Agile ERG Thread

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd very much second this sentiment towards the issue. Shannon, in all honesty what you're asking for is something that you should just have custom built, there's almost no market for 9 strings with FF's compared to say the 7's or 8's. Sure a few people would buy them, but the cost of making them and actually having enough people to sell them too probably wouldn't be worth the trouble. I'd rather just see more base colour options, pup configs and hardware choices on existing instruments.

Oh I agree. I just noticed that Rondo started making the 9s. I was sure if people on here started demanding it heavily from Kurt, but if people are going to do that route, some multiscale options should be introduced to put out a more quality product. For me, I'm still a 7 player who dabbled here & there with an 8. That's more than enough for now... :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Frogman

Reaction score
Would you say the necks are different between the Pro models and the Standard models?

Which are thinner?

Are the Pro models "better" (construction, playability, etc)

space frog

Reaction score
^Pro models usually have neck through construction, which is the main difference iirc. Maybe that woods are different too but I'm not sure about that...

Frogman

Reaction score
^Pro models usually have neck through construction, which is the main difference iirc. Maybe that woods are different too but I'm not sure about that...

Yeah the woods are different.

I was just wondering if the quality is lesser on the Standard model, or if the only
difference is woods and neck construction.

space frog

Reaction score
Then I dont think the quality is lesser, except if you believe (like me :p) that bolt ons are less stable than neck-throughs and therefore that neckthroughs are better :lol:

Reaction score
I PLAY GUITAR FOR IN SEARCH OF SIGHT, CHECK OUT MY AGILES!
176381_146822015377110_144067428985902_250320_3261197_o.jpg

ISOS-business-card-1.jpg

greyhound

Reaction score
I was just about to go for it.. and then I saw this, and I agree with you. It seems that they really leave the shitty ones for the europe.. so when you get it, you can only start crying. while you guys from USA can say only the best about these guitars. people from other parts of the world are getting cheapness. this right here makes me despise them.

Subz

Reaction score
I currently own a Septor 827 elite and am very pleased with it. Its Just as good if not better quality wise to other similarly priced guitars around here and has features that are hard to find at this price. (ebony fingerboard, neckthru.)

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
Pictures and text of shitty Agile

I got my guitar from the same run with the same issues pretty much. Luckily I was able to get a full refund because I'm located in the US but I could never recommend Agile to anyone outside of the US because of the lax QC and shitty return policy. Hell, I don't I'd recommend them to someone in the US with all the similar options you can get from other companies now.

TL;DR: If you're in the US it's worth it to take a risk but they're not as nice as everyone says they are. If you aren't spend your money elsewhere.

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
Like who?

Where else can you get 28.625" and 30" guitars, without going to a custom luthier?

Those scale lengths (and fanned frets) are the only things I can think of that they offer you can't get anywhere else. Schecter offers hard-tail and trem (OFR too) 6 and 7 strings with extended scales at a slightly higher price, you can get a S7320 for the same price as an Interceptor (and a cheaper RGA).

I guess if you're looking at 8-strings they have that market cornered but other than that I would go for the other options :lol:

Reaction score
I Thought this would be an appropriate place to put this video!!!:) Its my Agile Septor 828 with Bare Knuckle pickups (Aftermaths). The guitar is just amazing! and the pickups sound and feel great!

Waelstrum

All Fourths Advocate
Reaction score
^^ Wow, that was brilliant. Nice chops, clever use of the range, and just an all round good sounding piece of music.

I like the silly face at the end.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
I Thought this would be an appropriate place to put this video!!!:) Its my Agile Septor 828 with Bare Knuckle pickups (Aftermaths). The guitar is just amazing! and the pickups sound and feel great!

Man, that was AMAZING !!!!! Awesome song and playing!:yesway::hbang:
I LOLed at the end when you did the crazy faces.

Oh, and welcome to the forum:wavey:

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
Those scale lengths (and fanned frets) are the only things I can think of that they offer you can't get anywhere else. Schecter offers hard-tail and trem (OFR too) 6 and 7 strings with extended scales at a slightly higher price, you can get a S7320 for the same price as an Interceptor (and a cheaper RGA).

Yeah? I don't like TOM bridges and don't want a trem, what exactly am I going to get from Schecter? Also, let's not even get into the variety of finishes, body woods, pickups and neck/fretboard woods vs. Schecter and Ibanez. Not to mention, excluding the various scale lengths just because it points out that your statement was wrong seems pretty on the nose. Also, I won't even get into how the market looks to a lefty like myself.

Trust me, I've been vocal in the past that Kurt needs to step up with a few things. But to write them off and say that there's other brands out there offering better for the money, in general, is just false. Are there exceptions? Of course.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah? I don't like TOM bridges and don't want a trem, what exactly am I going to get from Schecter? Also, let's not even get into the variety of finishes, body woods, pickups and neck/fretboard woods vs. Schecter and Ibanez. Not to mention, excluding the various scale lengths just because it points out that your statement was wrong seems pretty on the nose. Also, I won't even get into how the market looks to a lefty like myself.

Trust me, I've been vocal in the past that Kurt needs to step up with a few things. But to write them off and say that there's other brands out there offering better for the money, in general, is just false. Are there exceptions? Of course.

Bar scale legnth and 8-strings, as those are two things Agile offers far more options for, Carvin has a much high quality to value ratio. Heck, they even have a pile of options Agile has never offered, even on Customs. Yeah the Carvin will be a few hundred more, depending on specs of course, but I don't think there's a single doubt that the Carvin would be the superior instrument.

All that being said, if you're looking for 27"+ scales or 8-strings Agile has you covered better than anyone, from an options stand point at least.

Whiskey_Funeral

Reaction score
I owned two Agile Intrepid Pro 828's. They were both playable and sounded great, but each had issues that I wasn't really satisfied with. They both had minor blemishes in the finish and scratches on the hardware. The biggest issue for me was sloppy fretwork and glue along where the neck met the body. On my second Agile, it had small cracks in the fretboard and sharp fret ends on the side of the neck. I'm not anal about my guitars, and they didn't impede the playability, but the issues I've personally seen and issues I've seen on this forum are inexcusable when you're paying money for a BRAND NEW instrument. On the other side of the spectrum, I've heard people who swear by Agile and have never had any problems, so it seems hit and miss.

Here are some pics:

668.jpg

651.jpg

')