The Official Lace Music Products Thread

Lace Music Products

Reaction score
Here's that image of the 5.0 X-Bar and it's measurements.

Aluma-X-BAR_5.0.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Durero

prototyping...
Contributor
Reaction score
It's the end of "next week" - any word on when the 5.0's will be available in the Lace online store?

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Hey, to follow up my last question, is there an X-Bar that'd drop directly into a 7, say the size of the Aluma-90?

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score

Alumitone first, then same rhythm with Deathbucker... then Paul Gilbert style string-skipping solo wankery at the end on the Deathbucker. :mf666:

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Is the Aluma-90 ceramic or alnico, anybody?

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
ceramic, i'm pretty sure. The magnets are the two lines you see on the surface. They are blackish, so i'm assuming ceramic.

Lace Music Products

Reaction score
The Deathbucker/Deathbar as well as all other Alumitones are ceramic 8 magnets that you see as part of the design element on the pickups. Also on the underside of each of these pickups are barrium ferrite magnets. There are a set of them for the Aluma series and four of them for the Deathbucker/Deathbar series respectively.

Lace Music Products

Reaction score
Lace is proud to announce that Scott Hull of Pig Destroyer has signed on with Lace as an endorser today. Scott is currently using a Alumitone Deathbar 7 and Aluma Deathbar 3.5.
A great 7 string metal player! Welcome aboard Scott!

abandonist

Banned
Reaction score
I sent y'all an email, but just figured I'd ask here too.

Would the Alumitone 90 work well in a Schecter Ultra VI (basically a bass VI)?

I'm not pleased with the duncan designed 101s in there stock.

I play sludgey metal, grind, and drone.

Lace Music Products

Reaction score
A Alumitone humbucker would work perfect for this application. And besides they would make the guitar look extremely bad ass! For more output you could go with the Deathbucker version for the bridge . However, that is only available in black anodize.

abandonist

Banned
Reaction score
Excellent. I actually have a deathbucker I was going to put in another guitar, but I think I'll put it there instead. Just need to route a bigger hole for it.

BrokenAvenger

Reaction score
hopefully hearing back from my aus dealer soon. want to give those deathbuckers a try... been liking what i've seen and heard (lurk lurk lurk)

Red&Die

Reaction score
I'm interested in the Lace Deathbar & X-Bar 7 strings pickup for direct mounting, to replace my BKP (as normal Duncan/Dimarzio size), so which model should I buy? the DB7 or 3.5?

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
A 3.5" bar is the same size as an EMG707, you need the DeathBucker7 as a direct replacement or a router for the X bar (don't think there's a -bucker version).

celticelk

Reaction score
A 3.5" bar is the same size as an EMG707, you need the DeathBucker7 as a direct replacement or a router for the X bar (don't think there's a -bucker version).

The X-Bar is a variant of the Aluma 90; check the dimensions on that pickup to see how it fits in your guitar. The Aluma 90 is wide enough to *sense* 7 strings (Ola Strandberg put one in a 7-string that Fred Brum now owns), but it may not be large enough to fill the routed space in a pleasing way.

')