The Official Lace Music Products Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
The 90 is smaller than a Bar by about a quarter inch.

Here's a breakdown of sizes in plain English hahaha:
The Aluma 90 is roughly 1/4" longer than the bobbin of a standard 7 string pickup, but there are no tabs. It's a direct replacement for a p90.
The Deathbucker 7 is the same size as a 7 string bobbin but with tabs. I think it's also a little taller in the axis parallel to the strings.
The X and Death bars (3.5") are 1/4" wider perpendicular to the strings and the same height parallel to the strings as a DB7, making them almost identical in dimension to an EMG707.

So if routed for:
Aluma 90 - DB7 or standard humbucker will fit if you shorten the tabs
DB 7 - a standard humbucker will fit, if direct mount the Aluma 90 will be 1/4" too wide
XBar, DeathBar or EMG - or if you have pickup rings and square routes the 90 will fit but it'll leave 1/8" either side and about 1/10" above/below, the DB7 will fit but you'll have bigger gaps at the sides and you'll need to trim the tabs.

As for using the 90 in a 7, it's very even indeed, it picks up everything just fine. It's very very low power, my strat pushes the front end harder than this but it's super clear and has a nice kick to it. This is very queue however, I wouldn't say it's like a P90, a single or a Humbucker any more than one another, which makes it very versatile but also a little tricky at times. It sounds great clean and with low gain but at the moment I'm looking for something a little more plug n play so I'm going to modify some DiMarzios to go in. I'm not going to route at all though, modification will be minimal.

Thankfully, the strandberg is chambered and the openings to the chambers are at the sides of the pickup routes, so the pickups shouldn't need much doing :lol:

Lace Music Products

Reaction score
Lace creates special Cybercaster for Magnaflow's SEMA booth in Las Vegas. The guitar is a Lace Cybercaster highlighted with special Magnaflow Alumitones.
SEMA 1.JPG

julez

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm not able to find the answer anywhere. What are those little foam pads for that come with the alumitone pickups?
Thanks in advance.

Edit: Answer from the Lace pickups facebook page: "They are compressible support so you can raise/lower the pickup. They go under the feet of the pickup."

Thanks a lot!

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
^ Damn those are cool! I have the Death-bar/ xbar combo in my 8 and love it. Just plain old black though. Hope someone grabs these I'd love to see what they'd look like installed!

geeman8

Reaction score
When will those 5.0 pickups be out and is there any plan to make a Deathbar in the same size? Thanks!

Wastemadeflesh

Reaction score
I'm really interested in the humbucker 7's as a lower output alternative to the db7, but don't really see anything out on em yet... any help?

BlueAsher5

Reaction score
I am new to the forum, and I like what I see here. I came across this excellent video for the Lace Deathbucker pickups. There are 7 and 8 string versions. . Now I just need to find the proper 7 string to put them in.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Limited edition extended range pickups in Turquoise . We have two 3.5's, two 4.0's and two 4.5's.
You can get them as an X-Bar OR a Deathbar.
Super limited so if you are interested please email info@lacemusic.com.

BlueBar.jpg

You guys should really stop doing limited runs and just start offering a group of anodized colors as a regular option :2c:

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
^That would be cool, I'm starting to miss how hi fi my laces are in other instruments and would like to put them in other builds I have planned, finish options would be really cool.

flypap3r

Banned
Reaction score
During the past week I've put a set of drop & gains into an ESP viper and a set of dirty heshers in an ESP eclipse. Jesus H. Christ himself couldn't come up with a more bad ass tone than you guys have done with these things! The dirty heshers scream with sustain and warmth. The drop & gains give you an insta set of king kong balls. Great stuff!!!

Lace Music Products

Reaction score
Hi We are getting great response from our colored X-Bars that we listed on the site.
If there is a favorite color that we see from this forum, Lace will offer that to the members here on this site. So let us know what you would like to see in X-Bar and Deathbar colors. We can offer them in 3.5, 4, 4.5 and 5 inch models.

Wastemadeflesh

Reaction score
Any info/video on the alumitone humbucker 7's... wanting something with a bit lower output than the db7... anything out there, or are they too new?

8StringX

Reaction score
For colors, I'd really like to see gold (shiny gold, not anodized gold), white, and cream.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
I think a color that's more "steel" blue would sell well. The color at the top of this page is a bit "in your face" as far as how visible it is. Offering a more subtle take on it would be suited to a huge range of finishes.

Take this with a grain of salt, however, as I don't plan on buying any more guitars to throw pups in for a bit...:lol:

Edit: Famous last words...eh?

Edit: Don't they offer Blue/Green/Red as a standard option on their Alumitone 'bucker?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Edit: Don't they offer Blue/Green/Red as a standard option on their Alumitone 'bucker?

The only colored pups on their site that I've found are the Alumitone six string humbuckers and singles, the * Bar pickups are available in chrome or black.

Latest posts

')