The Official Lace Music Products Thread

petray

Reaction score
i was just about to ask if you could make me pink Death buckers for my pink Ibby ;-D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rap Hat

the:pawn.project
Reaction score
i was just about to ask if you could make me pink Death buckers for my pink Ibby ;-D

Hah that would be cool! I guess they're not doing colors yet(besides red and blue on the one bucker), and it'll be their choice, not custom based on demand, not full custom when they do. I was hoping to get a blue X-Bar 4.5 for my Agile, I'll stick with black for now.

Lace, let us know when colors will be available! You'll definitely have a big market for that :)

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
I'll post the pics tonight and some clips asap. The guitar is a 2010 JEM77VBK and tuned to C-standard. The pickups look GREAT.

I only got to play for a few minutes on it so far and I haven't tried dialing in my amp yet (Fireball 100 with TS7 chaos).

The Alumitone HB in the neck sounds great... clear and very articulate for leads. Sounded good for rhythm work, but I use my neck for leads and bridge for rhythm. Almost has a Paul Gilbert sound actually. The mid Sensor-Purple matches well. Twangy and articulate. Not sure about the bridge Deathbucker yet. It has a hot rodded single coil sound to it. Very articulate as well... that seems to be the case so far. All the pickups even with higher gain remained tight and clear. Not sure about pickup height adjustments and like I said the amp setting haven't been tweaked. Also, the pickups still have the out-of-phase wiring so 2 and 4 on the selector sound kind of shitty. The breeds sounded very dark and full whereas these are very open sounding, so I'll A/B it with my other JEM and see how it sounds.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
2010 Ibanez JEM77VBK with stock Dimarzio Breed pickups...

Closeup...

Pickguard removed...

5-way pickup selector...

For you potheads... stock Ibanez 500k pots...

New EVH Bourns low friction (same as on new EVH guitars) 250k pots...

0220831000v4-Smaller.jpg

Lace Alumatone HB (N) - Purple Sensor - Deathbucker (B) [stock photos]

77108-048a716672a559cb78506dd33aa61320.jpg

DV020_Jpg_Jumbo_482395.001_black.jpg

deathbucker__67216_zoom.jpg

After...

[* After some volume pot issues... the final install courtesy of The Axe Palace! :agreed:]

Waiting on the new MXR knobs that fit the Bourns pots (shaft is wider than stock)...

EFF-D-ECB100.jpg

:wavey:

aaron_rose

more bigger
Reaction score
Gold is available!

Yep, we haven't advertised it just yet, but they are available.

A regular Alumitone. The Alumintone Humbucker still gives great mid range response and the bass presence is still there. Perfect for heavy rock and even certain metal!

Thanks for your input! Keep in mind...the X-Bar isn't specifically meant for metal or djent. It is for Extended Range Instruments. It's well balanced, clear, articulate, and warm. Full Jazz chords and other applications, besides metal, can be covered with this pickup.

We are talking to a few artists as well as companies that use our pickups to shoot some review and sample videos for us. Expect this very soon! :yesway:

As of right now, we are offering the XBAR 3.5, 4.0, and 4.5 since it is covering most builders' fanned fret guitars based on string spacing and the extreme of the fan. IF there is enough demand for lets say....a 5.0, then maybe it will be a possibility, but as of right now there aren't enough people with 10 strings with 3" or 4" fans that warrant a larger pickup. In the future I do hope this changes though! :hbang:

Can I get dimensions on your pups? I am about to order two of them and I am building a fan of 1 inch which isnt much so I am wondering if I could get away with just a 7 string death bar or if I need to grab a 8 stringer. A 1 inch fan is about 7 degrees. Thanks in advance!

Lace Music Products

Reaction score
Can I get dimensions on your pups? I am about to order two of them and I am building a fan of 1 inch which isnt much so I am wondering if I could get away with just a 7 string death bar or if I need to grab a 8 stringer. A 1 inch fan is about 7 degrees. Thanks in advance!

Dimensions for the 3.5 Deathbar are : 3.5 x 1.5

The 3.5 Deathbar will suffice! :hbang:

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Very interested in trying some out for passive replacements and EMG replacements in some of my guitars. Waiting to hear some reviews of them.

Also you guys are pretty close to me :D

Rap Hat

Reaction score
So what is the actual magnet length? I'm curious how much slant to could put on these. Or, say, a 4.5" bar and still hit all the strings on an 8, 9, 10 string.

I have an X-Bar 4.5 that is coming in the mail today; if it hasn't been answered I'll measure it this evening.

Rap Hat

Reaction score
First things first: Hollowway, the 4.5 XBar magnet length is approx 4.02" (4 1/64", ~102mm). One of the magnets looks a hair longer on mine, and they're slightly offset (7mm from edge to magnet on one side, 4mm edge to magnet on other).

-

I'm trying to figure out how to install the XBar with a 1 vol no tone guitar, and I'm having a little trouble figuring this out. I've gotten the 1 hum 1 vol diagram from guitarelectronics.com http://static.zoovy.com/img/guitarelectronics/W550-H420-Bffffff/W/wd1h0010_00.jpg. I have no idea how that corresponds to the orange, green, black&white, and white(I assume ground) wires.

Where do I send the orange? in the Lace diagrams it says send to switch (which I don't have here), and do I send white and green to the volume pot? Then the black&white wire goes to the bridge(gonna try something else before I drill a hole) ground? What are the two that I'm supposed to solder together according to the guitarelectronics diagram?

Sorry for the tech hijack here, but I figured this is the best spot since some of you have done this (or similar) already.

Lace Music Products

Reaction score
First things first: Hollowway, the 4.5 XBar magnet length is approx 4.02" (4 1/64", ~102mm). One of the magnets looks a hair longer on mine, and they're slightly offset (7mm from edge to magnet on one side, 4mm edge to magnet on other).

-

I'm trying to figure out how to install the XBar with a 1 vol no tone guitar, and I'm having a little trouble figuring this out. I've gotten the 1 hum 1 vol diagram from guitarelectronics.com http://static.zoovy.com/img/guitarelectronics/W550-H420-Bffffff/W/wd1h0010_00.jpg. I have no idea how that corresponds to the orange, green, black&white, and white(I assume ground) wires.

Where do I send the orange? in the Lace diagrams it says send to switch (which I don't have here), and do I send white and green to the volume pot? Then the black&white wire goes to the bridge(gonna try something else before I drill a hole) ground? What are the two that I'm supposed to solder together according to the guitarelectronics diagram?

Sorry for the tech hijack here, but I figured this is the best spot since some of you have done this (or similar) already.

Make sure you are using a 250k pot :yesway:

Right hand terminal to ground- attach white lead with black stripe and green

Left hand terminal-orange lead

Center terminal is hot out

No connection for the white lead is optional for splitting no need to use

Rap Hat

Reaction score
:bowdown: Thank you so much! Following your instructions I was able to get the X-Bar installed! This was my first solo installation too. Got it set up for height adjustment by using a piece of foam (notched for plug and lead) with the four screws. Turns out there was a ground from bridge - it was hidden under the battery holder. I was only able to test it for 10 seconds when I put the low E1 on, but it sounded great!

I'll be testing it with the AxeFX in a few minutes, and I'll toss up a pic as well (edit:npd in PE&G).

Lace Music Products

Reaction score
:bowdown: Thank you so much! Following your instructions I was able to get the X-Bar installed! This was my first solo installation too. Got it set up for height adjustment by using a piece of foam (notched for plug and lead) with the four screws. Turns out there was a ground from bridge - it was hidden under the battery holder. I was only able to test it for 10 seconds when I put the low E1 on, but it sounded great!

I'll be testing it with the AxeFX in a few minutes, and I'll toss up a pic as well (edit:npd in PE&G).

No Problem, glad to help! :hbang:

Darkstar124

Strongman
Reaction score
Do the alumitone single coils have any significant difference in sound from the humbucker versions? I adore the humbucker, but If I can avoid getting a custom pickguard fr my new MIM strat I'd be quite happy.

Lace Music Products

Reaction score
Do the alumitone single coils have any significant difference in sound from the humbucker versions? I adore the humbucker, but If I can avoid getting a custom pickguard fr my new MIM strat I'd be quite happy.

Yes there is a difference in resistance and inductance. The humbucker will sound slightly fuller than the single coil, but the single coil has a lot more punch and power than your normal conventional single coil. :yesway:

Darkstar124

Strongman
Reaction score
Awesome. I think I'll grab one of those and a 7 string deathbucker when I hit some money. Its tone time!

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm fairly set on getting some Lace pickups in a couple of custom orders I have coming up, first and foremost a .strandberg*

I was wondering you could clarify the difference between the X-Bar and Deathbar (vague question, sorry).

More specifically, I'm a technical player. I like warm but fairly dry sounds, using low gain setting on high gain setups to achieve the dryness I mention. I also use broad spanning chords a lot so I like clean, even response but a nice amount of attack. I like my chords to seem quite sudden and together and a bit of aggression. Which of the 2 would you suggest? Its for a long scale fanned 7 string tuned E0-C#3

I didn't wanna email you cos i didn't want to waste your time but I figured if I posted here you could answer in your own time haha.

Lace Music Products

Reaction score
The Deathbar has more output, more bottom end. The X Bar however, is made to be more articulate with an even output and no emphasis on the lows or the highs, which gives a balanced tone for Extended Range Instruments.

The X Bar is the sound I believe you are looking for...especially with the amount of gain you plan on using and from what you describe. :metal:

Hi,

I'm fairly set on getting some Lace pickups in a couple of custom orders I have coming up, first and foremost a .strandberg*

I was wondering you could clarify the difference between the X-Bar and Deathbar (vague question, sorry).

More specifically, I'm a technical player. I like warm but fairly dry sounds, using low gain setting on high gain setups to achieve the dryness I mention. I also use broad spanning chords a lot so I like clean, even response but a nice amount of attack. I like my chords to seem quite sudden and together and a bit of aggression. Which of the 2 would you suggest? Its for a long scale fanned 7 string tuned E0-C#3

I didn't wanna email you cos i didn't want to waste your time but I figured if I posted here you could answer in your own time haha.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Thanks for thew quick response, that settles that then aha!

Serious kudos for keeping a regular presence on the forum by the way, its companies like yours staying close to the consumer like this that really makes me want to give my support - particularly on such a broad playing field as that of the musical instrument industry.

Can you do purple anodisation? *EDIT*- never mind!

')