The Official Lace Music Products Thread

Reaction score
Can I ask you an exact dimension of 'Alumitone Humbucker 7' and 'Alumitone db7'?
The dimension is my biggest concern since my 7string guitar is Carvin which is notorious for its non-standard sized pickup cavity.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

aaron_rose

more bigger
Reaction score
one more question before I buy my pups from you guys, what is the height of the pickup? 3.5X1.5X? I'm talking about the deathbar for a 7 string. I am trying to figure out my pup route depths.

thanks again!

Lace Music Products

Reaction score
The Alumitone 7 and DB7 are 3’’ (76mm) x 1.5” (38.1mm) with 3-48 screw holes at 3.48” (88.5mm).It’s .920” tall (23.4mm)

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok so for my future reference what is the story with the color anodized pickups? Available, not available, available in only one or two colors? I've seen conflicting info in this thread so far.

Lace Music Products

Reaction score
If you are referring to this as conflicting info :

Sorry about the confusion Hollowway!

We do have options that will change the aesthetics of the pickups, such as anodizing and our Stonewash look, but we do not offer custom tweaked pickups to the customers request. Send a PM though and maybe we can steer you in the right direction based on what sound you're going for!

Ok so for my future reference what is the story with the color anodized pickups? Available, not available, available in only one or two colors? I've seen conflicting info in this thread so far.

Then we apologize. Yes we offer anodizing for our pickups and also offer other aesthetic options such as our "stonewash" and chrome finish. Gold is available too. These are upcharges though and are not offered as just a regular option when buying the pickup(s). You can clarify what you want when ordering direct : sales@lacemusic.com or it might be easier to call us

(714) 898-2776

- Just for the record...we don't offer custom tweaked pickups as far as the frequency response and overall tonal character. Just aesthetics for now.

Hope that clears things up. :yesway:

John54

How much is too much
Reaction score
sweet, i might be seeing some blue pups in the near future. thanks a lot Lace!:mf666:

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score
Why aren't the non-custom colored versions of the alumitones available from the lace online shop? I'm probably going to pick up 2 black single coils for one of my guitars in the near future.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So which one is the "hotter" of the two? Death bar or the X-bar? I'm looking to replace an EMG 707 for a guitar that is alder/maple neck thru and want something that isn't too thin but thick enough as well.

Recommendations - as I'm confused and I'll be re-readin the thread again.

EDIT: Looks like I'll be needing a ground wire to the TOM bridge.

EDIT2: Are these just like super FRFR pickups - would they deliver the grind and chunk similar to passives or will I be given a super thin but ultra wide frequency response sound?

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
GAS is a bitch because I bought a Deathbar 3.5 last night to replace an EMG 81-7. Can't wait to get it :woot:

Rap Hat

the:pawn.project
Reaction score
I don't find the x-bars to be thin, but the wide/flatter frequency response means I need to EQ more if I want to match the sound of other pickups. I have a lot more range though, and it's been lending itself very well to unique tones.

From what I've heard about the Deathbars, they're voiced more like a "regular" metal pickup, with boosted lows (and I assume highs, not really sure). I'm glad you've ordered a set, hope you can do a thorough review!

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't find the x-bars to be thin, but the wide/flatter frequency response means I need to EQ more if I want to match the sound of other pickups. I have a lot more range though, and it's been lending itself very well to unique tones.

From what I've heard about the Deathbars, they're voiced more like a "regular" metal pickup, with boosted lows (and I assume highs, not really sure). I'm glad you've ordered a set, hope you can do a thorough review!
I've only order one for the bridge.

Someone I know told me it sounds like a really nice evolution with great mids and thus I'm thinking I'm glad I went with that. Hopefully it gets to me tomorrow or Saturday so I can jam on the weekend :D

Lace Music Products

Reaction score
I've only order one for the bridge.

Someone I know told me it sounds like a really nice evolution with great mids and thus I'm thinking I'm glad I went with that. Hopefully it gets to me tomorrow or Saturday so I can jam on the weekend :D

The Deathbar definitely has a more pronounced low end response and is specifically voiced for heavier styles of music, but it can clean up and do other genres too! It is just as versatile as the X-bar but has just a little more emphasis in the bass and mids. :hbang:

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Deathbar definitely has a more pronounced low end response and is specifically voiced for heavier styles of music, but it can clean up and do other genres too! It is just as versatile as the X-bar but has just a little more emphasis in the bass and mids. :hbang:

Too late :D - I already received the death bar and unfortunately since I'm replacing an EMG the pot turned out to be a super mini pot with a shaft diameter not matching any of my other pots.

So I ran the pickup without a volume pot of the 250k recommended as normally and it sounds really good and CLEAR!! Wow however it's bright which I know is because I don't have a 250k pot. :lol:

Will wait till I get a 250k pot in there to give it the full review.

Lace Music Products

Reaction score
Too late :D - I already received the death bar and unfortunately since I'm replacing an EMG the pot turned out to be a super mini pot with a shaft diameter not matching any of my other pots.

So I ran the pickup without a volume pot of the 250k recommended as normally and it sounds really good and CLEAR!! Wow however it's bright which I know is because I don't have a 250k pot. :lol:

Will wait till I get a 250k pot in there to give it the full review.

:lol: cool cool.

We have some exciting news to be announced soon concerning the Deathbar and X-bar!! :shred:

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Makes sense, Mesh. Why play it now that you have the right pot in there? :lol:

:wub:

Totally - I wanted that ear drum splicing George Lynch 80s tone and got it without the pot... now with the pot :lol:

Haven't honestly tried it out on the Mark IV but will this weekend. Stay tuned...

Btw Fred - where are those videos bro??

')