The Official Lace Music Products Thread

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
I had a not good setback that has forced me to split the videos (I wanted to do a vid comprising both the 7 and 8-string DB's and the Aluma90's), but I need to mod the body of the red FF8 here, so the 8-string thing will have to wait till after that.

I'm finishing a new song vid (that happens to have an attached NGD) and I'll proceed to take care of this vid next week as I planned. It's just a damn bummer the 8-string set couldn't make it in time for next week.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lace Music Products

Reaction score
We have some great news at Lace....Brent & Bill of the mighty metal band Mastodon have signed on as Endorsed Artists!

Press Release :

lacepressrelease.jpg

ALSO....XEN Instruments & Lace have teamed up to make the 5.0 X-Bar a reality!! It will not be exclusive to XEN, so it will be available to the masses when it comes out! If you haven't heard of XEN...please check them out...they are doing some really cool/progressive instruments. ERGs, fanned frets, headless models! :hbang:

https://www.facebook.com/xenstringedinstruments

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Cool! Eric designed the 10 string OAF is building for me, so I'll have to see if it will fit into that.

FWIW, when I asked you guys on here two months ago if you were going to do longer pups you said no, but if you decided to you'd keep us posted. If you're considering future models you really should be more vocal about it because this is the group that would use them, and I for one would like to know what is upstream to potentially include it in future builds.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Hmmm, I do enjoy Kelliher's tone and if he's using a Nitro-Hemi now I wonder how a 7-string version would sound, :idea:

Lace Music Products

Reaction score
Cool! Eric designed the 10 string OAF is building for me, so I'll have to see if it will fit into that.

FWIW, when I asked you guys on here two months ago if you were going to do longer pups you said no, but if you decided to you'd keep us posted. If you're considering future models you really should be more vocal about it because this is the group that would use them, and I for one would like to know what is upstream to potentially include it in future builds.

Which I just did with the previous post. I feel as though we are pretty vocal here when it comes to listening/responding to what you guys want to see from LACE.

Eric reached out to us about designing the 5.0 for his XEN guitars. If there is a large enough demand for a certain pickup then obviously we will take the initiative and make it happen. Like I said, XEN reached out to US about it. We are definitely a forward-thinking company and want nothing more than to make pickups that suite the needs of ERG players. There is a hefty cost that goes into R&D and prototyping....so as far as "considering future models" it is all about what YOU guys want. IF there is enough demand for something then we will take it into consideration.

We haven't had many emails asking for a 5.0 X-Bar until Eric came along. :shred:

aaron_rose

more bigger
Reaction score
Lace, you guys have been outstanding on this board. You have been outstanding on the phone, and your products are top of the line.

Triple threat!

grats on the mastadonic ass kickery

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just some clips I recorded today with the Death-bar. I really love this pickup - it's made my one humbucker Jackson so much more versatile than the EMG that was in there (and I am a huge EMG fan).

Don't crucify my playing - I've not really played in like a month and am super rusty. The solo clip is played in standard tuning and yes I know it's supposed to be in Eb but whatever.. couldn't be bothered to tune down or raise my treble side action for the clip :lol:

The cleans aren't really the greatest because I usually use my Mark IV for that but this is like the cleanest I could get from an amp sim... normally I use them for high gain.

Glad I really bought this pickup - the clarity, definition and tightness on the low end is great. The midrange is just awesome and is very clear as well - the high gain clip is with very little gain. The clean clip isn't a 100% rep of the cleans I get from my Mark IV but stay tuned for that when I get my SM-57 setup.

:cheers:

Clean Sound
High Gain Rhythm
High Gain Solo

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
So is there an inhenerently different process in making the bar style pickups that requires a significant amount of R&D than, say, a regular pole piece pickup? I know that for a lot of us doing ERG builds we have a known pickup maker do a custom job (e.g. Nordstrand, Vintage Vibe, Villex, etc.) and it's a bit more expensive than one of their production models, but they basically just scale up their normal designs. Does the nature of the metal work in a Lace bar prevent you from doing that? I ask because with the range of fans and strings, there is likely a need (at least for me) for a bar even beyond 5". My particular build is too big for the 5", but I'd love a Lace bar. But I didn't think of the engineering, tooling up, etc.

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
Which I just did with the previous post. I feel as though we are pretty vocal here when it comes to listening/responding to what you guys want to see from LACE.

Eric reached out to us about designing the 5.0 for his XEN guitars. If there is a large enough demand for a certain pickup then obviously we will take the initiative and make it happen. Like I said, XEN reached out to US about it. We are definitely a forward-thinking company and want nothing more than to make pickups that suite the needs of ERG players. There is a hefty cost that goes into R&D and prototyping....so as far as "considering future models" it is all about what YOU guys want. IF there is enough demand for something then we will take it into consideration.

We haven't had many emails asking for a 5.0 X-Bar until Eric came along. :shred:
What can I say? I'm crazy enough to believe that ERGs are here to stay!

I can't wait to get those 5.0s installed!

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok. So forgive me if iv missed this in the thread already but...

I play EMG 707s and have done for many years. I like them and dont feel like changing. That being said I like the idea of Passives plus volume rolls on EMGs aint so great :lol:

I like the hot output that EMGs give so do you do a bar pup the same size and output level?
Iv heard of the Lace brand a bunch of times but im a bit oblivious to the ins and outs of which pups would be good for me? The active pup player!

Lace Music Products

Reaction score
I'd also like to order a 5.0 X-Bar. What's the best way to contact you regarding this?

They still need to be prototyped and made, but contact :

sales@lacemusic.com for info.

Ok. So forgive me if iv missed this in the thread already but...

I play EMG 707s and have done for many years. I like them and dont feel like changing. That being said I like the idea of Passives plus volume rolls on EMGs aint so great :lol:

I like the hot output that EMGs give so do you do a bar pup the same size and output level?
Iv heard of the Lace brand a bunch of times but im a bit oblivious to the ins and outs of which pups would be good for me? The active pup player!

Well it isn't the same "output" level since the Deathbar is passive, but is much clearer than any EMG. It is more articulate, has more warmth and is full bodied in tone. I believe the Deathbar is what you're after. :metal:

There is also the X-Bar which is voiced similar to the Deathbar but has an even balanced tone to it, while the Deathbar has more pronounced bass response and mid range cut.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is there a Deathbar direct drop in for the RG7620? Or would it need routing?
It's a replacement for the EMG 707 so yes it would need routing. Though I think the DB-7 would be the passive sized pickup - not sure if you'd need to route. I'll let LACE field that one.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Which ones are those? Deathbars and Xbar?

')