The Official Lace Music Products Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JaeSwift

Of Blood and Sawdust
Reaction score
I mean this in no offence to your other clips, Fred, but your tone here cuts through so much better than in others. Great songwriting as always as well.

lurgar

Reaction score
So who's going to give me some money for a pickup upgrade? ;)

aaron_rose

more bigger
Reaction score
Right on a professional video and sound from this pickup finally! Youtube is full of the tosin phone audio but man that just doesn't do it any justice like this does!

great sounding pups!

aaron_rose

more bigger
Reaction score
Ya love it, thanks fred. I purchased the X bar for my neck and the death bar for my bridge of my fanned fret 7 string, we are aiming to do a dry fit within a few days, so the build is getting close to done. Soo stoked to hear these things in it through my HD500.

Lace Music Products

Reaction score
Great sounding clip Fred!

And in answer to a previous post, we do have in the works some Lace Sensor single coil sized units in the works..stay tuned...

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
so after reading I read EMG 707 replacement is the Death Bar or the X bar?

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Both are "Bars" which means they are both replacements.

The X-bar is supposedly a milder and cleaner sounding one and the Death bar has more mids and bass making it hotter (this is from my understanding of it).

Lace Music Products

Reaction score
You're correct djpharoah. In general the X-bar will be a cleaner sounding "full spectrum" pickup with alot of acoustic overtones. The Death bar will have a higher output with a greater mid and bottom end. It's more of a hot humbucker sound with a single coil top end and clarity. Both of the bars though have a splittable secondary that work very well in changing the tone without a volume drop (that's because the primary framework is intact). The 3.5 X and death bar is the same size as a 707, and the 4.0 is the same size as an 808.

John54

How much is too much
Reaction score

right so my RG7321 isnt set up for 707s, is there anyways around this? i dont have a router and cant get one either....

mphsc

Reaction score
I ordered a 3.5 Death Bar straight from the factory, had to send it back with an RA number. The magnets were pushed over to one side so the screw holes were covered. Hope I get it back, I've never had that issue. :scratch:

Lace Music Products

Reaction score
Hey Mphsc,
The fixed Alumitone Death bar went out on Friday. Jeff Lace fixed it for you, and ended up rebuilding the assembly fixture for tighter tolerance.The screws fit thru fine now, and we double checked inventory to see if it was repeated elsewhere. Nothing like those darn hand built variences. We're sorry that it wasn't right the first time.

mphsc

Reaction score
I got a phone call on my way out of town from Jeff as well, I was speechless to say the least about the customer service. Thank You LACE.

On another note, TK, (Tom Kekler) at St. Blues in Memphis, the tech of preference, had nothing but good things to say about the LACE fellas.

')