The Official Lace Music Products Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

John54

How much is too much
Reaction score
Dual Deathbars here. I'll have the DB / XB combo on something else soon, and a dual DB8 as well. Patience, padawan. :lol:

Thinking of doing the DB/XB soon as well but im not sure were to put each one. any recommendation?

John54

How much is too much
Reaction score
forgot to mention i play metal (duh) and my current setup is an old rg7321 with a duncan invader in the bridge. the invader is starting to corrode and a peice has chiped out so its time for a new one. the neck pu is stock.

celticelk

Reaction score
I've wondered about the possibility of an X-Bar bridge paired with a PAF-type neck humbucker (DiMarzio or BKP for 8-strings) for a vintage/hot jazz combination. I'm guessing that would smoke. Maybe I need a guitar I can try that out with.... =)

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
I've wondered about the possibility of an X-Bar bridge paired with a PAF-type neck humbucker (DiMarzio or BKP for 8-strings) for a vintage/hot jazz combination. I'm guessing that would smoke. Maybe I need a guitar I can try that out with.... =)

Alumitones pack a whole lotta output and you'll have problems matching it with the neck pup.At least from my experience...

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
I'm not sure which Alumitones you mean, but I don't see them struggling to work with something like a PAF 8 in the neck position at all, although you may want to check how the pickup you'll pair them with reacts to a 250K pot.

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
I'm not sure which Alumitones you mean, but I don't see them struggling to work with something like a PAF 8 in the neck position at all, although you may want to check how the pickup you'll pair them with reacts to a 250K pot.

I use 500k pots

I have actually a bassbar (so I opted for a 500K pot , but I learnt just today that it sounds really close to the X-Bar) for bridge pickup (it replaced a Merlin bridge pickup,which is kinda hot ) ,and a Merlin neck pickup (which is supposed to be calibrated as a set with the bridge).

The guitar is really thin so lowering more the bassbar is out of the question.Raising the neck seems to be hopeless as it just gets muddier until the screw gives max pup height.

Maybe it's just my case due to the Merlins,but I'm throwing out my experience

celticelk

Reaction score

Or use separate controls for bridge and neck pickups. Some people still do that. :lol:

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
Well it isn't the same "output" level since the Deathbar is passive, but is much clearer than any EMG. It is more articulate, has more warmth and is full bodied in tone. I believe the Deathbar is what you're after. :metal:

There is also the X-Bar which is voiced similar to the Deathbar but has an even balanced tone to it, while the Deathbar has more pronounced bass response and mid range cut.

Awesome. The Deathbar is what I have been thinking of getting anyways so that’s good to know.
HOWEVER do they have coiltap features?

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
Odd question, and I know there's probably not too much of a demand for it, but are there any plans for 7+ string single coils at all? Having just got a 7 with a single, and realized the stock pickup sucked, and having a very limited number of choices to replace it, I figured I'd ask! :lol:

')