The Official MMA Thread

skoatdestroy

Reaction score
there really isnt a place that trains bjj here mainly its a bunch of the local college wrestlers who get together and grapple but every time before practice i will watch a video on a new submission/sweep/transition and thats damn near all that i will look for the entire time

as of late my go to sub has been the north south choke taught by the king of north south himself jeff monson

also i am subscribed to this channel on youtube they are really consistent with putting out new videos and they already have a ton available for all your viewing pleasure
Submissions101 - YouTube

good luck with your match

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Aftermath1

Reaction score
^ I love submissions 101 haha, they have great videos.

Funny you mention north south as I was focusing on that in training today along with some mounted guillotines.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Not really a Sonnan fan, but I just might have to be after seeing that Anderson Jackson video haha.
And how can he attempt a MJ immitation without nailing the moonwalk?
Maybe he did off camera.

Aftermath1

Reaction score
Not really a Sonnan fan, but I just might have to be after seeing that Anderson Jackson video haha.
And how can he attempt a MJ immitation without nailing the moonwalk?
Maybe he did off camera.

I hope Chael wins, I was so gutted for him when he got caught late in the 5th with that triangle. Silva went into that fight thinking he was gonna be fine with his usual striking means but got raped for 5 rounds instead.

Silva is abit off the boil now anyway, injuries which seem to be lasting forever makes me think he's ducking the rematch.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
I hope Chael wins, I was so gutted for him when he got caught late in the 5th with that triangle. Silva went into that fight thinking he was gonna be fine with his usual striking means but got raped for 5 rounds instead.

Silva is abit off the boil now anyway, injuries which seem to be lasting forever makes me think he's ducking the rematch.

Yeah it's actually a little boring for the sport to have someone so dominant for so long, especially in the middle's where there is such a talent pool.

If Sonnan wins, look for a possible Bisping rematch.
If he loses, then Bisping should get the next title shot vs Silva.

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score
Maybe but Sonnen would NOT be a good ambassador for the sport. I'd rather see someone light heavy come down. That's the thing with MMA, though: the entire point is that one person may have superior striking but if he can't finish it then he risks a sub. It doesn't make Silva a lesser fighter, it just proves the ideology. Silva won. I think he'll come into the next fight MUCH more prepared. I'd like to see a Belfort rematch after this.

Aftermath1

Reaction score
Maybe but Sonnen would NOT be a good ambassador for the sport. I'd rather see someone light heavy come down. That's the thing with MMA, though: the entire point is that one person may have superior striking but if he can't finish it then he risks a sub. It doesn't make Silva a lesser fighter, it just proves the ideology. Silva won. I think he'll come into the next fight MUCH more prepared. I'd like to see a Belfort rematch after this.

I wasn't saying Silva is bad or anything, by all means he is awesome. He just really underestimated Sonnen in that fight. I see what you mean with Sonnen not being a good ambassador, but all his antics are just in jest. If you've seen serious interviews he doesn't think he's the best etc it's just a giant act. I find it rather funny to be honest.

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score
His behaviour seems to condone disrespect, in jest or otherwise, which is not something I would want young people watching a dangerous combat sport to think is okay.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Sonnan (who I only find mildly entertaining) is just a jackass though for constantly saying "I'm the best damned middleweight in the world", when I clearly seen him tapping his hand off (lol) at the end of the last fight.
If Silva can be timid and let his opponent eventually falter, and then capitolize accordingly, then power to him. I'd bitch about a new guy trying that but silva has earned the right to fight defensively IMO.
Isn't Dan Henderson fighting soon? or is he waiting for the winner of this one?
Maybe he's up now vs Jones (if jones can sober up in time that is) at 205.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Well there you have it. Silva is the better man. Also happy that Tito went out in defeat (smells like a great excuse for the comeback lol).

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Griffin has always been more than a bit mental, but that's one of his main strengths really.
It's not like he's a tremendous athlete relative to any of his opponents.
Anyone who can claim the name Forest G. must be at least a couple bricks shy (forest gump movie reference).

Anyone see the postfight PC?
Like usual, Tito found a way to turn every question asked him into a rant about how much he has done for the sport and how much he has sacrificed over the last 15yrs.

I'm not denouncing his claim,
it just seems that he's a little out of touch with what many normal everyday people go through each and every day for much more than 15yrs., and for about 1% of the $ if they're lucky.
Training and diet are very hard, but so is roofing a house or laying concrete in 100 degree+ temps.
Props to Tito, but sooner or later he should quit patting himself on the ass before it destroys whatever's left of his rotator cuffs.

Aftermath1

Reaction score
Haven't watched the fight yet (stupid time difference) but gonna watch it later, so excited! Hope it was an entertaining match!

Rommel

Reaction score
Hopefully Tito is done fighting. While he looked great physically, he was a couple of steps slow during the fight.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
So who will fall on the first day of fall?
Stann or Bisping?

I'd have to think it'll likely go to the judges, with Bisping getting a decision.
The winner (especially if it's Bisping), will likely get Silva next.

They've both recently fought Sonnan, and Bisping looked much better against him than Stann.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
This really sucks for Frankie Edgar. It's doubtful now that he gets another shot at the title within the next year. These two are such a great matchup, but I can't blame UFC for wanting to move on now and give some other guys a crack at the title.

I don't think Ben Henderson will keep the title for long at all, although he is a beast athletically.
So it's Nate Diaz vs Benson Henderson in a few months.

Reaction score
^Agreed. Even though he landed some nice shots and held some decent control, I felt Ben took the score cards. I wanted Frankie to win, too. I think it's about time he drops down to 145 so he can start dominating. Even as a champ, he wasn't really a dominator due to his size. I think he could even make 135. Best wishes though. He's a great fighter.

Ben is very, very good but a better striker with good takedown/submission defense will put him away for sure.

Yo, so how 'bout Cowboy with that turn around?? Or Justin Lawrence, who is a beast, getting TKO'd?

Latest posts

')