The Official MMA Thread

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Stann needs to be the bully if he has a shot I think.
Bisping has some very slick standup, so I'm not sure he'll be getting to Bisping's chin much if any.
Bisping very easily could have won that fight vs Hendo a couple/few yrs ago if he hadn't got caught in those last moments.
Since that fight I've sure noticed an increased aggresiveness to his style which might well be exactly what stann is hoping for (slugfest).
Bisping looked great against a very awkward to fight Sonnan, and Stann looked not so good against Sonnan.
That's apples to oranges though because I'm doubting this will be a takedown war lol.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Agreed. Stann's gonna need to stick-and-move and while he's good in the clinch, avoid it with Bisping. Should be an awesome fight. I'm mad stoked.

And yeah, I doubt this will go to the ground as well. However, that is Brian's achille's heel so I think that should be a target for Bisping. But Stann's time with Greg Jackson should be a good enough preparation for the most part.

Reaction score
Okay, I'm a little late for this but damn Michael Bisping looked amazing in that fight. I dislike his attitude, but he really did look great. His boxing, clinch-work, and wrestling was sharp.

I was and still am rooting for Stann though. He just really needs to cover up those holes in his game. He landed some nice shots and was workin' some heavy leg kicks. I got mad hype when he tagged him and started hunting him down. Welp, back to the drawing board for Brian Stann, I guess. Mad props to Mike.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, I was just sure Bisping would ultimately control the timing aspect of the fight, that is if he didn't get caught early in an exchange.
That big right that Stann landed nearly made me dizzy watching it.

Great card overall. The fighter's faces were a mess at the post-fight lol.
Stann was oozing blood from his cheek, and Benavidez was severly busted up.

Dana talks like he and Bisping are chummy with all the good natured humor and all, but what the hell is up with Dana STILL totaly uncommited sounding about a title shot vs Silva?
What more should Bisping have to do after all these years?
How many guys now have gotten title shots with far less fights and top caliber opponents on their resume? Allot have.
The way Bisping handled Sonnan on that Fox card should have been enough to seal the deal.
It's almost as if Silva is avoiding him. Maybe Silva really doesn't want another fight with a guy whos quick enough to land to the face,
which I was very suprised that Sonnan did so well even in the standup game against Silva in their first fight.

wookie606

Telecaster Fetish
Reaction score
I had to watch the Bisping vs Sonnen fight a few times to decide who I thought won it.
I am convinced it should have been Bisping who won it in the first place.
Good fight with him and Stann too.
Bisping is one of the hardest working guys in MMA, he really deserves a title shot.

wespaul

Octaves of Manhattan
Reaction score
Bisping poses no threat to Silva, but, unfortunately, he's going to have to fight him at some point. Although, Silva may be in a place to dismiss him like he has Weidman. The MW division is in a really weird place right now with no real contenders and the champion dismissing future fights.

The Bisping/Stann fight was fun to watch, but it really didn't answer any questions. Bisping seems to come up short by either losing close decisions, or winning them --it stagnates his place in the MW rankings when it always happens on the fights that really count. On paper, he may deserve a title shot (you can really argue it either way), but who would pay to watch that fight? Or, who would bet on that fight? The odds would be laughably bad.

wookie606

Telecaster Fetish
Reaction score
Bisping has had 18 finishes.
His only losses have been decision (Bar a KO from Hendo, but that is Hendo).
He is 23-4.
He deserves a title shot.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Heavyweight fight (5 rounder) on FX tonight in just a minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Browne vs Silva(bigfoot, but why is it not "bighead"?)

wespaul

Octaves of Manhattan
Reaction score
Bisping's record at middleweight is 9-3, with his most notable wins being Akiyama and Stann, which were by decision. Every time he faced championship-caliber fighters (Henderson, Wanderlei, Sonnen), he comes up short. There are plenty of fighters in front of him in regards to title contention.

Shrediablo

CC Deville Jr
Reaction score
Bisping is good at pretty much everything, but not great. He has been fighting lots of tomato cans and one trick ponies at middleweight. He has zero chance against Andy.

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
Bonnar hasn't been relevant in MMA for so long, if he ever was in the first place, I feel as if Dana just wanted Silva to fight someone and happened to draw Bonnar's name at random.

wespaul

Octaves of Manhattan
Reaction score
I think it's Dana's way of punishing Jones for canceling the 151 event. I don't agree with it, but at the same time, I'm not losing any sleep over it, considering how much I dislike the guy. I also love the drama from the other fighters crying about it on Twitter (Forrest, Henderson, Machida). Chael talks massive crap, but you can't deny his willingness to back it up --in this case, him going on the offensive about every fighter that pulls out because of injuries (or flat-out turning down fights), and him saying as a fighter, you should always be in shape, which is why he accepted a fight on days notice. Can't knock a guy for that, and Dana has always been good toward fighters he feels he can rely on.

wookie606

Telecaster Fetish
Reaction score
I think it's Dana's way of punishing Jones for canceling the 151 event. I don't agree with it, but at the same time, I'm not losing any sleep over it, considering how much I dislike the guy. I also love the drama from the other fighters crying about it on Twitter (Forrest, Henderson, Machida). Chael talks massive crap, but you can't deny his willingness to back it up --in this case, him going on the offensive about every fighter that pulls out because of injuries (or flat-out turning down fights), and him saying as a fighter, you should always be in shape, which is why he accepted a fight on days notice. Can't knock a guy for that, and Dana has always been good toward fighters he feels he can rely on.

Completely agree.

wowspare

7String's new kid
Reaction score
Chris Weidman deserves a title shot at the MW title more than Bisping I think.....

Yes, Bisping is more marketable to the public and most casual fans don't know who Weidman is but he deserves it more than anyone else

Reaction score
How does everyone feel about Jones vs Sonnen as coaches on TUF and the fight after?

I feel like Sonnen is going to get the ever living shit beaten out of him. He had a wrestling advantage against Silva, but not against somebody 30 pounds heavier who is a better wrestler than he is, and arguably (not that arguable) the best wrestler in the Light Heavyweight division. It's a fight, though, anything can happen, so I don't say this often, but he has no chance.

I will say, however, that season of TUF is going to be extremely entertaining.

wookie606

Telecaster Fetish
Reaction score
UFC Macao looks like it could be good.
It's nice to see a non trash talking headline fight for once.
Both Franklin and Le always entertain me!

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
Haven't watched a single MMA fight since UFC 100, maybe 110, not sure lol. Anyway, I'll more likely order the next one, obviously because it will feature my homeboy GSP.

Anyone else stoked for that card?

prashanthan

Reaction score
Definitely looking forward to GSP v Condit. Really don't know where it'll go; GSP's been out of the game a long time, and Condit is a known finisher!

')