The Official MMA Thread

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
One of the worst fights I've ever seen was Werdum vs Overeem in StrikeForce.
Werdum just kept falling to his back in an attempt to sucker Overeem down for the kill.
Overeem wouldn't fall for it so about half the match was the ref forcing Werdum to re-stand. :lol: That was a sad fight.

Jones calling Glover out now on the PEDs, says he's just checking not accusing :cool:.
UFC fighter Jon Jones won't always request random drug tests for opponents - ESPN

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SoItGoesRVA

Do You Even Riff?
Reaction score
Jones and Glover are an interesting matchup, but I say it's a late 4th round stoppage for Jones. Accumulated damage will be the factor here, no one's getting knocked out clean.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Kennedy by full on K.O. in round 2.
Cote in the coaches fight.
Have no clue on the others. (except that team Canada will win 4sure)

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Winners;
Romero
Barboza
Carmouche
Browne

As long as Romero doesn't crap his pants this time it will be a victory for him.
Tate might just break up my perfect picking:lol:, not too sure on that one.

SoItGoesRVA

Do You Even Riff?
Reaction score
I respectfully disagree with two. I think the Romero hype train ends here. Tavares is a very under-appreciated fighter. He's not a finisher by any means, but I don't see much opportunity for Romero to catch him clean. I think Barboza is getting subbed, and Tate/Carmouche is a tossup for me.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Very good fights.
Most shocked by the cowboy's quick work, did not expect that at all.
The Tate comeback was very impressive.
Browne just got out-skilled tonight, and out-quicked, and out-gassed :lol:.

I'm sure glad I don't gamble.

Toxic Dover

Reaction score
Very good fights.
Most shocked by the cowboy's quick work, did not expect that at all.
The Tate comeback was very impressive.
Browne just got out-skilled tonight, and out-quicked, and out-gassed :lol:.

I'm sure glad I don't gamble.

Hahaha, no doubt... I would have lost a bit of cash tonight myself. I was sure Browne was going to have that fight, and I thought Tate was finished after the first round of her fight.

All around awesome fights tonight, though.

SoItGoesRVA

Do You Even Riff?
Reaction score
Browne suffered broken ribs and a broken hand in the first round, so I'm not sure it was that he was out of shape or that he gassed, broken ribs are a cardio killer (I've had cracked ribs before in a match- you feel it). Broken hand is on him, winging punches like an idiot.

He'll be back, but he took the whooping of a lifetime last night.

Cnev

Reaction score
Browne suffered broken ribs and a broken hand in the first round, so I'm not sure it was that he was out of shape or that he gassed, broken ribs are a cardio killer (I've had cracked ribs before in a match- you feel it). Broken hand is on him, winging punches like an idiot.

He'll be back, but he took the whooping of a lifetime last night.

UFC on Fox 11 medical suspensions: No mention of broken hand or rib for Travis Browne - Bloody Elbow

According to the FSAC, his injuries were limited to a broken nose and a cut over his right eye, for which he was given a 90-day medical suspension. No mention of a broken hand or rib. I do find his gassing so early on a bit odd for a guy as athletic as he, but I don't know. he hasn't fought past the first round since 2011. Maybe he was expecting to go in there are get it done quickly and simply didn't prepare to work for 5 rounds. Who knows.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Loved that Brown/Silva fight on FOX1 Saturday.
Silva hurt him that one time at the beginning when fresh, but every other time Brown was hurt Silva was already on wobbling legs himself :lol:.

I know Silva was hurt, and he's a tough guy, but he really also looked gassed by the second round.

Rommel

Reaction score
I was surprised that Silva gassed in the first round. Both showed a lot of heart. Silva just couldn't get his second wind. Great fight.

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score
Bloodyelbow.com had an interview with Erick Silva where he talks about having been well conditioned but his initial attempts to swarm Brown took it out of him.

SoItGoesRVA

Do You Even Riff?
Reaction score
So that Bellator PPV was hilarious... Now they don't get a Chandler/Alverez III, AND Tito Ortiz choked out one of their "champs". So glad I didn't pay to watch that shit.

SoItGoesRVA

Do You Even Riff?
Reaction score
So... We gonna talk about this or what?

dillashaw2.gif

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score
Still not watched the fight but read loads of interviews, technical rundowns and such. I'm sure Bang's school is going to have no trouble finding fighters now, as TJ pretty much came out of nowhere!

BEADGBE7

Reaction score
What about Jamie varner's Ankle, how bad do you think it really was?

Latest posts

')