The Official MMA Thread

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score
So, insta UFC title shot for War Machine? Perhaps cross promotional tournament format so everyone can give him a beating?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
I don't watch any MMA, but I just wanted to express how happy it makes me that this thread has more than twice as many pages as the pro "wrestling" thread.

Might make me uncool, but I've always absolutely despised pro-"wrestling".
Even when I was a little kid I seen at as pathetic. :lol:

Way too freaking go Tim Boetsch!!!
It's about time he get some prime-time glory, barbarian style :metal:.

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score
He's been caught now so let's see what excuses he tries to make. I saw some thing the other day that supposedly Christy and her pal were trying to attack him at the same time and she stabbed him, but even if that were true, it still doesn't explain the mess he left her in! Doesn't take that much to knock someone out to defend yourself!

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone know what's up with this thing about Anthony Pettis on the Wheaties box?
I mean, why?, and why him?, and why now? :lol:

He's a great fighter and he's well spoken, and it seems the ladies like his looks, but I still just don't quite get it :scratch:. Has he even defended his title yet once?

With her Olympic background and new-market appeal, not to mention undefeated MMA record, you'd think they'd be trying to get RR on the box.

Anyways, in my mind there would be a few fighters that would make much more sense from a promotional standpoint.
Like Weidman for example, he's got the whole "captain all-america" thing overflowing. Mighty Mouse D.J. has defended his title how many times now?

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score
He's exciting. He throws weird move from all angles so they can use shots and footage of him doing matrix moves and know that it's something he actually does in competition. He kind of has defended it, if you class beating Bendo twice as defenses.

No one except flyweights care about flyweights.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
He's exciting. He throws weird move from all angles so they can use shots and footage of him doing matrix moves and know that it's something he actually does in competition. He kind of has defended it, if you class beating Bendo twice as defenses.

No one except flyweights care about flyweights.

Yeah he's flashy with the cage-kicks and cartwheel-kicks, but i just still don't see it.
I must have been spacing out, yeah he had the submission win over smooth.
He probably would have title defenses in WEC had they not closed after the big cage-kick on hendo's head.

Don't get me wrong, I like him and he certainly is an exciting style fighter, but he also lost to Guida not that long ago :lol:.
Just strikes me as an odd choice from the marketing perspective (a great choice from A.P.'s perspective though).
Well I guess he's not on the box yet, so we'll see.

I think the flyweights and the womens divisions (including the upcoming 115pound) are actually starting to catch on.
In the very near past I'd agree that basically no one knows the little guys names outside of the MMA crowd, but with so much FOX1 time (live and replays + the mma news/insider stuff) people are becoming more interested.

Or not.:lol:

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
As for name recognition though?
Maybe Petis is more known than mighty mouse (I'm sure he is), but I'd have to say Rousey dwarfs Petis for non-mma fan name-recognition.
Even my freinds who don't like MMA know who Rousey is, and not Petis.
Most of them also know the name Cain, even though his oversized mug wouldn't be as good on the box.

I'm just saying, let Petis defend his title against at least a few guys before putting him on my cereal box :lol:.
I guess it doesn't matter anyways since I'm more of an oatmeal guy these days.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
And that's why I call him Allister Over-easy :lol:.

I now realize something about the Wheaties box choice being Anthony Pettis.
With the TUF season starting with the 115 lb women, and him being a coach coinciding with the wheaties box thing there's really the potential for some major UFC exposure all at once.
I'm sure this season's TUF ratings will be very high with the little tough chicks.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Wish I would've posted my predictions this time.
Called every single fight (even the prelims) correctly with the exception of the Tim Kennedy defeat.
Speaking only of the win/loss, not the actual manner of outcome, but still my best job picking in a very long time. (my year-to-date batting avg. would get me cut from about any team)
Cruz should take his title shot asap before he gets hurt again :lol:.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Cowboy, what a guy! How are we feeling about McGregor?

I think Conner (C-Mac:lol:) will be a problem for anyone at 145. Just so damned lengthy and explosive, especially with the kicks.
He has the frame to fight at 155 as well, although at 155 there's more guys who can match his size and strength, possibly keep him on the ground, although he'd be bigger and stronger also at 155.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Dude, That Polish chick has a set of wicked hands!:eek:

Both those girls looked more polished (Polished :lol:) than almost all of the T.U.F. straw-weights, with the exception of Esparza.
Dana basically said that the next 115 title match will be that pairing.

They always talk about Dos Santos's boxing, but he was getting eaten alive in those first two rounds, especially off the breaks.

')