The Official 'Post Your Youtube Vids' Thread (Post your covers here)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MattThePenguin

Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mtGKQ1vJ-0

Blacken the Cursed Sun - Lamb of God cover

I got the first note wrong don't write it off I'm SORRRRRRYYYYYYYYY

I'm also not left handed, IDK how that went past me while editing the video lol

EDIT: How do you embed the video on here? It'd be a lot easier for everyone instead of having to open another window

SilentSeraph

Reaction score
I did this a while before I got my seven string (before I put new pickups in my guitar as well), and improvised the drums but here, a full cover of Darkthrone's Transilvanian Hunger:

kengtin

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I wanted to share this cover I put together in the past few months... Liquid Tension Experiment's Acid Rain.

I recorded the whole thing (minus the improvised solos) from scratch, the bass, drums and keyboards are sequenced, the guitars is me and the Axe FX II straight into the computer (I wanted to play around with the Carvins so I put them all there :p). I wanted to make my version a bit more guitar oriented by emulating the keyboard harmonies, I also added a couple licks of my own to keep the sections nicely connected.

The whole point of this exercise was to practice everything in the production chain: from getting decent sounds to recording, mixing and mastering. As usual, constructive comments are welcome; if you enjoyed it, don't forget to Like, Subscribe, Follow, Comment, etc.

In a nutshell, I used Carvin DC800 and DC700 guitars into the Axe FX II (Mesa Rectifier based patch), into Cubase. More tech details in the YouTube video description.

Cheers \m/

')