The Official 'Post Your Youtube Vids' Thread (Post your covers here)

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
I'm borrowing this thread for a question, what approach do you people take when recording guitars, provided that you're recording your guitars direct into the DAW with a Kemper/Axe-Fx/Helix/etc? Do you do direct guitars only, room audio from the camera mic only or a mix between the direct recording and the guitars?

I want to start recording more guitar covers when I get my studio monitors, and right now I'm recording my guitars direct from my GSP1101 with no room audio, but that approach sounds a bit sterile and lifeless unless you're having a great tone, which I don't have. Is a mix between the direct recording and room audio with the guitar sound from your monitors the way to go if you want a more lively recording?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jibe2015

Reaction score
I want to start recording more guitar covers when I get my studio monitors, and right now I'm recording my guitars direct from my GSP1101 with no room audio, but that approach sounds a bit sterile and lifeless unless you're having a great tone, which I don't have. Is a mix between the direct recording and room audio with the guitar sound from your monitors the way to go if you want a more lively recording?

Hi,
Personally I use direct recording on the computer mainly.
Occasionaly I will use room audio (SM57) for some specific parts or to give more life to a sound but it's a bit more difficult to get a good tone.
An easy way to start recording (in my humble opinion) is with direct recording in your DAW, you might not get something very unique but at least it will be decent quality. Micing an amp and recording live guitar is more rewarding for sure but also more challenging.

With this said here is a special spooky cover for Halloween !

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
Hi,
Personally I use direct recording on the computer mainly.
Occasionaly I will use room audio (SM57) for some specific parts or to give more life to a sound but it's a bit more difficult to get a good tone.
An easy way to start recording (in my humble opinion) is with direct recording in your DAW, you might not get something very unique but at least it will be decent quality. Micing an amp and recording live guitar is more rewarding for sure but also more challenging.

With this said here is a special spooky cover for Halloween !
I'm referring to monitoring the sound from my GSP through my monitors and having it be picked up by the camera mic as well as recording the GSP direct in my DAW, but I guess that's just something I have to experiment with when I get my monitors.

Nice video by the way, the guitars sound really full and lively. What are you playing through? :shred:

aciek_l

Reaction score
OMG, you guys rock! :)

Lately I decided to do something with my Warwick. No shredding, it's not even metal. ;)

jibe2015

Reaction score
Here is my "one year on youtube" celebration !
This a full instrumental cover from the classic "What will become" from Fear Factory!!
Enjoy some nice riffing and visual silliness !

jibe2015

Reaction score
Here are my favorite riffs from Korn's new album!
It's nice to see them going back to a more metal sound with this album :)

jibe2015

Reaction score
Here is something different to finish 2016!
This is my cover to Parasite Eve intro song, Primal Eyes.
I recorded this for RichaadEB cover contest.

This game, by Squaresoft, was released in 1998 and the story takes place betwen Christmas and new year's eve... so it seemed quite fitting :)

Enjoy!

A-Branger

Reaction score
ITs been sooooooo long that I wanted to make more covers, plus other youtube ideas, but Im too lazy to do something about it. So I decided to start small with some covers I already knew. Heres a bit of good old Dream Theater. Hopefully would do more

for reference my "last" video was 8 years ago lol

SteveFireland

Reaction score
Did this cover of the track Agincourt by NWOBHM legends Agincourt. It turned out better than I had hoped, so I'm quite proud of it!

The drums were triggered with EZDrummer2 Metal Machine, the guitars were all my Jackson KVs through my AX8, and the bass used was a Stagg (!) with EMGs through the PSA1 plugin in ProTools.

Check it out :)

SomeGuy97

Reaction score
Quick play through vid of the solos on "The Obsolete". Not sure why the quality nose-dived so hard after it was uploaded to youtube. :scratch:

')