The Official 'Post Your Youtube Vids' Thread (Post your covers here)

Eptaceros

Wayfarer
Reaction score
AliceAxe said:
I've enjoyed a lot of vids in this thread. :hbang:

I have to say too that I wish more people would post their vids in this thread instead of making separate threads everytime they want to show a new song or vid of themselves or their band. I don't know if that is practical or not, but it seems it would make reading the forum and viewing them easier IMHO.

Actually, it's pretty awful for actual conversation. In threads like these, people just "plug" their videos without regard to anyone's posts. Clear example:

13 posts ago I asked for some recommendations for the preferred equipment that allows you guys to upload these videos in good quality. You'd think that with so many people on here with good audio/video quality, at least one person would chime in. Alas, nobody replied because it seems like everyone's too busy hoping to hear good things about their own videos without talking about others.

lol @ my point being proven by the previous posters. not even the popular youtube dude with high quality vids can spend 10 seconds of his time to recommend me a camera or mic.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AlucardXIX

Is Encircle
Reaction score
Man if you sent me a private message or a message on youtube I'd respond rather quickly. This thread sometimes seems to fill out rather quick with videos and posts get lost. So yes, your point is definitely true this is a bad venue for conversation based around the videos, but it does keep the forum much cleaner with less threads about a new video or 2 by someone.

Anyways, I just used a Kodak M1033 digital camera on a tripod, set it to capture at 720p, and play through my cab. The camera picked up all the sound on my old videos, then I would just sync the mp3 with what I played in the video.

Now, however, I do a direct recording and sync it up to the video, then sync the mp3 with it to get the best possible quality.

Leec

Woopah!
Contributor
Reaction score
Eptaceros, yes this thread is mostly going to be people posting their videos. There's nothing wrong with that. It's the reason people uploaded or even made them in the first place. And you seem to know this, so don't get what your beef is. You could always shoot people a PM or use the search function (I started a thread on just this subject a while back) for more direct answers.

To answer your question, it works pretty much as you'd expect. Try to capture it with just the video camera, and the sound will most often be pretty bad. Whilst recording the video, I plug my guitar into my PC and record what I'm playing on top of the backing track. I export the result as an MP3 and use that as the audio for my video.

My camera isn't good quality at all, but it does the job and cost less than £100. A Samsung U10, I think.

matt edri

The Rectifier
Reaction score
Universal Mind Cover - LTE

Not as sharp as all you players in this forum, but I just got back to playing a year ago.

PeteyG

Big Bear
Reaction score

Here's my little cover of Under One Sky.

Edt: While I'm here I may as well post my other recent vid. Ages ago I did a medley of a few songs from the Architects album Nightmares, I decided to redo it.

Makkiss

Reaction score
About 2 years of playing now,and i made this vids yeasterday and today. Not nearly as good as the guys that posted before me.. But i tried!

Circle of Contempt - Color Lines

Parkway Drive - Unrest

Reaction score
I learned the Berzerker solo and put up a shitty ass cover so i thought i might as well put it here too :)

')