The Official 'Post Your Youtube Vids' Thread (Post your covers here)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7Mic7

Reaction score
Haven't done anything for a few weeks due to having my laptop and camera nicked, but getting back into the swing of things now.

that riff is so nasty man (the one with the bend you do with the neck)
Im always looking foward for your lastest material man.
You always rock
I hope you all the luck you need now.

Peace PeteG:yesway:

klinic

Reaction score
A short little cover of A Tout Le Monde, just the solo. It's pretty rough as I haven't been playing lately, so I'm uploading my bad playing to try and motivate me to practice more, flaming tends to do that to you. :p

PeteyG

Big Bear
Reaction score
that riff is so nasty man (the one with the bend you do with the neck)
Im always looking foward for your lastest material man.
You always rock
I hope you all the luck you need now.

Haha thanks man :)

Here's this weeks RotW from me, bit more Born Of Osiris.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
Playing the shit out of my guitar. Way too many notes. Check it.

If you're not trolling, slow down, use a metronome and learn to play cleanly. That's not sweep picking either, it's raking across the strings in the hope of hitting some notes other than the first and last.

space frog

Reaction score
^This, also, learn to play in a scale rather than hitting random notes fast. Technicality > speed anyways IMO. And no offense, but there wasn't much technique in that to be honest.

Also if you want to improve your guitar skills aim for Scale the summit rather than Michael Angelo Batio.

MABGuitar

What's a guitar?
Reaction score
I decided to start a lick of the week thing to try and push myself to create or learn harder licks, here's the first one. :)

iacovetti

Reaction score
here's me playing some black dahlia murder a few years back with horrible tone and even worse technique

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
i need a link to support that statement

I don't know why you guys think that Batio has bad technique? His picking style may be a little unorthodox (Friedman has an unorthodox technique, but is also one of the cleanest players out there), but he is an extremely clean and exact player and he works hard on it.
I'm not saying he is a good songwriter or whatever, but his technique is very good.
Also, I've not been proven wrong by any of you guys ;)

Not sure if trolling.

Why would I be trolling? Since when has Batio been known as a sloppy player? Shit songwriter, yes.

space frog

Reaction score
my point is that all ive ever seen him do is shred a scale up and down, sweep a C major arpeggio at 200bpm or do 5-7-12 tappings on the e string. i dont remember seeing him do legatto stuff, 8 or 9 finger tapping or string skipping.
i mean those things he does was all i was doing when i was 16 and had been playing guitar for a year. now i play stuff like VoM, periphery, scale the summit, stuff with unusual rythms and technicality, and i believe this makes me a better guitarist than i was when i was just shredding cuz i a more versatile.

Reaction score
I've been friends with these guys for the majority of highschool and they all go to my college now and have formed a band. Its some pretty sweet shit check them out! :yesway:

Aside from the fact those vocals were awful, this isn't the place to post YouTube videos of other people. This is where you post your own.

')