The Official 'Post Your Youtube Vids' Thread (Post your covers here)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Blackheim

Guitar Emperor
Reaction score
Nice playing.... Sure it is a lovely guitar, my favorite Ibby over several prestiges and UV I have played. Congrats!!

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
I havent owned em all, but Ive tested/played em all. UV, K7, 7620, Prestige 2127x, 1527, RGD2127z, RGA427z, J Custom 8527z and the Apex1. The Apex1 is the same quality as the J Custom line, hence the word "custom" on the headstock. They really are the best of the best, along with the J Custom. :metal:

Syriel

owns a .strandberg*
Reaction score
Great playing and cool guitar. :yesway:

I found the U-Bar actually fun to play around with. It does take some time getting used to, but it's actually a fun invention. I think its actually for some awesome staging action rather than actual playing.

chris9

Reaction score
well i thought it was a cool vid great playing

Chris O

Not The Dude...
Reaction score
How do these compare to the k-7 and visa versa?

The necks are the main difference - I found the Apex to be just a tad more rounded, where the K7 was closer to the "normal" RG profile, although feeling just a tad more stout. Quality is awesome on both. Finishes are...typical - i.e. - be careful. They sounded quite a bit alike I thought, although the apex had a little bit more of an "open" or "raw" sound. I absolutely love the mahogany to the usual basswood. The PAF's are nice & quiet, and sound great with low tunings - not muddy at all.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Those japanese Jacksons have quite a bad rep, but the neck on my KE-7 is fantastic and plays great (I play it more than my Ibby S7420). Can't complain since you can find them really cheap.

ThemBones89

Reaction score
I havent owned em all, but Ive tested/played em all. UV, K7, 7620, Prestige 2127x, 1527, RGD2127z, RGA427z, J Custom 8527z and the Apex1. The Apex1 is the same quality as the J Custom line, hence the word "custom" on the headstock. They really are the best of the best, along with the J Custom. :metal:

Ive got a RG8327 J Custom as well as the Apex, they look quite alike but play quite different. The J Custom has a longer scale length, an Alder body and EMG 707s. The Apex sounds nicer with a Mahogany body and and Dimazio PAF 7s and a shorter scale length.

Both are great quality but I prefer the Apex :hbang:

Awesome playing, and the finish actually looks cool. It almost looks like leather.

Its the BBK (Biker Black) finish which is textured so it looks like leather. Ibanez finishes can be quite thin though and this has begun to wear near the bridge pickup where I rest my fingers.

RXTN

Seventh Son
Reaction score
I have one of those too! very great quality. Man you gat to post GP file on this solo! Its crazy

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
It also came with the 'U-Bar' which is completely pointless and I've never used. A standard Whammy bar is much better. If anybody has found a practical use for the 'U-Bar' please let me know because it just seems like an invention by Ibanez that doesn't work.

I will say this about the U-bar: All Ibanez baseplates should be U-bar prepared, but come with a regular bar. This would be a life saver for lefties.

Also, awesome playing! :metal:

8track

Reaction score
Nice! Great playing!

Ps. Jackson owns, even the cheap ones!

')