The Official Pro-Wrestling Thread

• Thread starter Randy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
Wrestling fans of SS.org, I request your opinions.

Long story short, I have what is effectively a coupon to put $400 toward the purchase of event tickets of my choosing. Wrestlemania just-so-happens to be close to where my fiance's mother lives, this year, and it's been a "bucket-list" item for me for about as long as I can remember.

Basically, I have an opportunity to go to 'Mania whilst only being out of pocket for the gas it'll take me to drive to Jersey and back, and about $65 for taxes/fees on top of the ticket purchases. (Plural because my fiance would go with me. I'm just as shocked as you are that she's willing. :lol:)

If you had this opportunity, would you take it, or is there some reason any of you think it'd be a bad idea to go?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Black Mamba

Reaction score
^ Go for it, last year's Wrestlemania was great, hopefully it will be this year too. :)

Robby the Robot

The President Bits
Reaction score
Even though I've been calling it since SS, and I've been wrong for every PPV since, I hope they have Ziggler cash in. Would make sense at Survivor Series, being it's one of the 'Big 4' in the WWE.

Side note: Who thinks they'll actually have the Rock win the WWE title at the Royal Rumble?

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
WrestleMania, go for it!

Funny how both TNA and WWE had the same angle showing elevator scenes on the same week, with 2 people named AJ...

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
I took too long to make my decision! (Sad Trombone)

So much for that idea. :lol:

Probably for the best. I dislike being in Jersey enough as it is, without it being stuffed full of 100,000 wrestling fanatics. ;)

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
I've never been to a wrestling event but I want to go. Whether it's a PPV or just a Raw or Smackdown event. I heard they are pretty cool and aren't that expensive (the Raw and Smackdown ones).

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
I've never been to a wrestling event but I want to go. Whether it's a PPV or just a Raw or Smackdown event. I heard they are pretty cool and aren't that expensive (the Raw and Smackdown ones).

Pros/Cons to bear in mind, based on my limited experience:

House shows (shows not taped for TV):
Pro: Tend to be almost all wrestling, very little story or talking.
Con: As such, it's extremely rare that they ever do anything which would effect the ongoing TV canon.

TV weeklies (Raw/Smackdown):
Pro: Get to be there for what other people only get to see on TV.
Raw Pro: Whatever they do instantly becomes canon, because it broadcasts live.
Smackdown Con: Taped on Tuesdays, don't air until Fridays. Not everything done at the show makes it on the air. Sometimes, they even tape "do-overs" when an in-ring segment doesn't go as well as they'd like on the first try. No, seriously.
Con: Tend to be mostly talking, very little wrestling.
Con: Extremely loud. Like, bring earplugs.

PPV:
Pro: Higher caliber matches/spots/story/etc.
Pro: High likelihood of eventual home release on DVD and or Bluray, which is a nice memento to say the least.
Con: Larger crowds, larger ticket prices, etc. It's great during the event, but getting out of there after the event is over is seriously going to suck.
Con: Extremely loud. Like, bring earplugs.

:yesway:

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score

If you want pro-wrestling, I suggest hitting up the indy feds (ROH, Chikara, PWG) Not sure if those travel by where you live.

If you want WWE "sports entertainment", then try a PPV, that way you get some wrestling and no TV filler (mic promos, annoying segments)

There's also TNA, but last time I went with some friends (whom are local wrestlers) we ended up dozing off midway through he card....

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
Thanks for the info about the different events. I'll look into what's coming around my area and try and get some friends to go and just have a fun time and relive my early teens a little.

soliloquy

Reaction score
for those wanting luca libre and curiser weight matches, they did have this;

and they had another sin cara vs mysterio not too long ago.

however, they are rare and far between.

TNA has more of them and far often too. their X division always delivers!

as for divas. i really dont get what wwe is trying to do with them. at one point they were trying to push the 'strong, dominant' divas like beth phonix, natalya and that uoso chick. and they also have 'karma' or awesome kong. however, they are now trying to kill them off and replace them with stupid 'fuck dolls' that have no brain of any sort. and then they push for a more technical female wrestler, only to kill them off too. and if they try to make us take them seriously, their matches are far too short and lack substance. and quiet often they get a 10 on 10 diva match that lasts 2 minutes.

so i ask, what exactly is the purpose of the divas division in wwe?
i can understand TNA and ROH that actually use their women in fairly well written stories...but wwe?

and after stephanie mchman, no other diva has gotten as much push as AJ. which again begs the question 'why a divas division' in wwe? they just need one or two random female wrestlers once every few years.

on top of that, wwe is still pushing hard on the pg-13 crap, and then they bring in a sex scandal. which begs the question 'why a divas division?'

sure, to be politically correct, then utilize them a bit better. why is it that there WERE women wrestlers in the past like lita, gail kim, and trish, and not any more? and why are the talented female wrestlers attracted to TNA and ROH rather than wwe?

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
I'm at a pre taping of this Monday's Raw. Wade Barrett just won the Intercontinental Championship from Kofi Kingston.

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
Haven't been back in this thread in awhile. Read the results of the Royal Rumble today. I'm putting my money on the fact that it wasnt The Shield during the black out and that will in turn make CM Punk still champ. But that's just my guess. Also, some people were saying that CM Punk had to lose the title so he could face Taker at WM? I do like the way that sounds too though. Hopefully tonights RAW will have some answers.

Robby the Robot

The President Bits
Reaction score
Kind of a necrobump but I think it's time for one.

So if you've been keeping up with the WWE, there's a Tables Ladders and Chairs match at the next PPV for both the WWE and World Heavyweight Championship. Now, the never used the word 'unification' or 'undisputed champion' so I wouldn't put it past the WWE to have Randy Orton and John Cena swap titles. With that being said, we don't need to see a title unification, again. :lol: Especially not with these two in the match.

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
Totally forgot this thread was around. Did anybody see Jake the Snake Roberts on RAW this past Monday? It was awesome!!!

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
If anythings worth necrobumping in this thread, it's the awesomeness that is the upcoming WWE Network.

Looks like I'm setting aside a weekend for an ECW PPV marathon.

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
The WWE Network looks pretty sweet. I'm going to wait and see how the reviews about it sound before I get a subscription to it.

On another note, I'm excited for Batistas return as well. Hopefully he has a good run and can add some excitement to the main event scene. I'm getting really tired of Randy Orton and John Cena. Also looking forward to Daniel Bryan turning against the Wyatt Family.

Anybody have any guesses on who will be Undertakers opponent at WM 30?

HUGH JAYNUS

I’m a grown ass man
Reaction score
I havent been into rastlin since the good ol stone cold days. Not long after steve austin left I just got bored. I tried watching recently and just felt lost

')