The Official Pro-Wrestling Thread

• Thread starter Randy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
Anybody see the end of RAW last night? That crowd was going apesh1t for Daniel Bryan when he turned back to face and attacked Bray Wyatt in the cage. Fukkin Awesome!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Robby the Robot

The President Bits
Reaction score
^Even when D-Bry was a 'heel' he was still over with the crowd. I've been bad at calling these things but I think he'll win the Royal Rumble this year.

On a side note: I'm excited but apprehensive about the WWE Network. We'll see what happens in the first few weeks then I'll decide to buy or not. I just hope they don't blur out all the WWF logs from all eras. Not a deal breaker for me but would make it harder for me to buy

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
I just hope they don't blur out all the WWF logs from all eras. Not a deal breaker for me but would make it harder for me to buy

I'm pretty sure they made a deal with the World Wildlife Fund that they don't have to do any of that blurring and such anymore. I'd imagine that would be a huge hassle to blur ALL that footage for the network. Same deal with them showing Chris Benoit in their footage now.

Robby the Robot

The President Bits
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they made a deal with the World Wildlife Fund that they don't have to do any of that blurring and such anymore. I'd imagine that would be a huge hassle to blur ALL that footage for the network. Same deal with them showing Chris Benoit in their footage now.

I hate the fact that they blur in the first place, but usually pre-Attitude Era they usually don't blur logs from the Golden Age and New Generation. Only reason I worry because when they had Ultimate Warrior footage from the WWF days the logos were blurred, but the new HHH DVD New Generation and Attitude Era logos were left alone. I'm sure World Wildlife Fund has loosened their grips when it comes to logos and such, given that their logos are totally different.

Speaking of Warrior: Congrats on getting into the WWE HOF

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
If they don't put ....ing Randy Savage in the HOF I'm going to be pissed!

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
I've been bad at calling these things but I think he'll win the Royal Rumble this year.

I don't know dude. With Batista coming back, Roman Reigns about to get a big push, and Brock Lesnar being back, it looks like they might go with one of those guys winning. I'd love for Bryan to win the Rumble and get a rematch for the title though for sure.

Also I'm looking forward to whatever CM Punk is getting into. The New Age Outlaws turned on him and let The Shield have at him so I'd like to see what this leads too. I've heard something about a CM Punk/HHH feud since Road Dogg and Billy Gunn are HHH's buddies, so who knows. They already had a feud a few years ago so this wouldn't be that fresh. But I just like hearing some Living Colour on national TV.

Robby the Robot

The President Bits
Reaction score
I don't know dude. With Batista coming back, Roman Reigns about to get a big push, and Brock Lesnar being back, it looks like they might go with one of those guys winning. I'd love for Bryan to win the Rumble and get a rematch for the title though for sure.

Also I'm looking forward to whatever CM Punk is getting into. The New Age Outlaws turned on him and let The Shield have at him so I'd like to see what this leads too. I've heard something about a CM Punk/HHH feud since Road Dogg and Billy Gunn are HHH's buddies, so who knows. They already had a feud a few years ago so this wouldn't be that fresh. But I just like hearing some Living Colour on national TV.

I don't see Bryan winning now as well because it's reported and confirmed he now has a concussion. Don't know the severity, but that's a big blow now he and Ziggler could be out with the Rumble around the corner. I see your point, the Rumble should be interesting with those three big dudes.

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
Word is CM Punk quit for real. Still not 100% if it's real or just a work but could be interesting.

Also, the Royal Rumble was kinda dumb. Lets have a guy thats been out 4 years come back and win the Rumble so he can main event Wrestlemania. Meanwhile they don't even put the most popular guy in the company (Bryan) in the Rumble at all.

Another thing is that Sting might be signing with WWE soon. I know thats alays a huge rumor every year but a guy can dream right? I would love for him to sign and do something at Wrestlemania.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Another thing is that Sting might be signing with WWE soon. I know thats alays a huge rumor every year but a guy can dream right? I would love for him to sign and do something at Wrestlemania.

I've heard that he'd show up on RAW the day after WM and would be huge in promoting the WCW side of the WWE Network footage.

bobbybuu

Lower it to H-Flat
Reaction score

I've heard that he'd show up on RAW the day after WM and would be huge in promoting the WCW side of the WWE Network footage.

That would be so cool. I would still like to see him at WM though.

Robby the Robot

The President Bits
Reaction score
Well, The Undertaker's streak is finally over. I don't necessarily mind that it's over, it's how it went down and who it went down to. That ending was really really weird. Also, this whole setup for Daniel Bryan to be champ was genius. :yesway: Don't know how I feel about the rest of the card. Weird Wrestlemania if you ask me.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
The whole room with the party I was at watching WM looked exactly like the crowd at the Superdome after Undertaker lost. Just... Damn. Really wish it could have gone to someone like Bray Wyatt. Such an anticlimatic ending to a story as lengthy and epic as The Streak, to a part timer no less.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Lesnar winning really didn't bother me that much. I'm more pissed Wyatt didn't beat Cena.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Yea and the Daniel Bryan stuff to me just came across like "about damn time!"

protest

Reaction score
I don't follow it anymore but I watch Wrestlemania occasionally. I caught the last two, and I thought this was better than last year.

Taker should have lost last year. Shouldn't have been to Lesnar.

HHH's match was better this time around, due to Bryan being more exciting than Lesnar. I like the hillbilly serial killer gimmic (very Raven like), but it was an odd match. I thought Cena's limitations in ring, and as a face really hampered the whole thing.

They need to find someone to feud with that guy though because it could be a pretty epic Raven vs Dreamer like story line.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I'm just so goddamn tired of John Cena.

I mean... If he did ANYTHING to show that he was trying to expand his move set or acting ability... Something...

He's just been the same thing day in and day out since he started and it's just getting boring.

Yea... You're there every night and yes you might work pretty hard in comparision to some of the other folks in the locker room but listening to him say that every day while delivering the same boring shit I've been watching forever just makes him look like that old guy in the office that is more or less obsolete now but keeps pointing to how they have a perfect attendance record...

Robby the Robot

The President Bits
Reaction score
The whole room with the party I was at watching WM looked exactly like the crowd at the Superdome after Undertaker lost. Just... Damn. Really wish it could have gone to someone like Bray Wyatt. Such an anticlimatic ending to a story as lengthy and epic as The Streak, to a part timer no less.
I was thinking the exact same thing. With the whole 'legacy' thing they had built up with the Cena vs Wyatt match, I think Undertaker would've been a better choice than Cena. Shows you how much faith they have in the guy right now.

Lesnar winning really didn't bother me that much. I'm more pissed Wyatt didn't beat Cena.
Same here. That match was just weird but the ending was too typical.

That too.

Although I was VERY happy with Cesaro winning the Battle Royale.

I'm happy for Cesaro winning as well. Hopefully some good things are in his future. I also hope they put him and Bryan in a match together but that's just me. :lol:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I thought Lesnar had him the first time he threw him in the kimura honestly... I've never seen anyone get out of it the way Undertaker did...

')