The Official Pro-Wrestling Thread

• Thread starter Randy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RCB

Reaction score
It's times like this that make it really hard to be a wrestling fan. This sort of thing happens way too often in the buisness. Pro wrestling wouldn't be anything today if "Macho Man" didn't step up and give 100% everytime in every way.

It's so sad to see one of the most important figures in wrestling gone. If there is an after-life, I'd like to think Randy, Andre "the Giant" and too many others are reminicing about their era, which is arguably one of the best ever.

RIP Randy.

soliloquy

Reaction score
Macho man is dead :(
i think he was in talks with TNA or WWE for a final run for a short period

So this thread kinda reinvigorated my interest. I've been doing lots of reading and doc. watching, trying to catch up with stuff I've missed.

I was pretty pissed off this morning when I found out that it was a botched kick to the head from Goldberg that ultimately ended Bret Hart's career. :wallbash:

Anybody here playing WWE All Stars on 360? It's a lot of fun. :yesway:

you may find it interesting to see the rumors surrounding HHH and HBK and their hypocracy. when stiner was being forced to take a steroid test, he agreed to it, but said 'i'll go, but right after HHH'. wwe pulled out right away. and as for HBK, as big a 'born again Christian' he claims to be, his drug use in the back is just insane. which is also very hypocritical of WWE. they fired other guys for far less, yet they wont fire their big name, rather they wont even bother questioning him.

elijha burke/the pope said it really nicely when he was asked about his time in WWE. he laughed and then said 'honestly, if you, the young fans ever want to enter WWE as a job, make sure you have a degree, a masters or PHd in politics first! wrestling skills or merit dont matter to them'

i HATE all wwe/wwf/tna games! especially any that came before and after WWF no mercy. reason why NO MERCY was kick ass:
1) it followed physics: rey mysterio can NOT under any circumstances lift the Big Show! but no mercy showed big show easily lifting the smaller guys, while the smaller guys like taka had a hernia after trying to lift the big guys.
2) blood! seriously, it doesn't matter how many times i hit the fuckers with chairs, they dont bleed! in no wrestling games do people bleed. but in no mercy, what was awesome is that if you caused your opponent to bleed, he/she would start to fatigue much faster. however, in recent games, even if you hit your opponent with 20 specials, dont be surprised if they get up and pin you with a school-boy/girl or a yakuza kick or something lame

soliloquy

Reaction score
if i'm not mistaken, i think he was in talks with TNA and/or WWE for his one last run as well

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
macho-man-randy-savage-randy-savage-rapture-canceled-demotivational-posters-1306076750.jpg

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
So.. like I mentioned before, this thread really helped re-invigorate my interest in wrestling, and I've been doing tons of catching up, watching old events and trying to keep up with current events at the same time.

Having just watched several of his matches for the first time in more than a decade, I have to officially recant my previous opinions about Shawn Michaels. While he may not be one of my favorites, having re-watched quite a few of his matches I have to admit he's the real deal.

In other words -- Egg on face: I has it. :yesway:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
What the fuck happened with CM Punk last night? Was he really angry? They cut him off rather abruptly and just never said anything about it again. Seems like he might have been having a real heart to heart moment w/ the crowd.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
What the fuck happened with CM Punk last night? Was he really angry? They cut him off rather abruptly and just never said anything about it again. Seems like he might have been having a real heart to heart moment w/ the crowd.

Ton of articles floating around about that this morning. The general consensus seems to be that it was a worked shoot interview. IE, it was at least partially scripted, with the full intent of making people think it wasn't. Punk did a brilliant job selling the spot. Apparently he was 'suspended' immediately after the show abruptly went off the air.

Now, apparently they taped next week's episode of Raw immediately after this week's, and some fans in attendance have reported on what transpires. Word has it that on next week's show Cena refuses to wrestle if Punk is not re-instated, so Vince reinstates Punk. Vince then adds a stipulation to their match at MITB, stating that if Cena loses, he's fired, as Punk absolutely must not leave the company with the title. This -- in theory -- could set up 'The Chicago Screwjob' ala the Hart/Michaels/McMahon 'Montreal Screwjob' from back in the day. If that happens, it would be a prime opportunity to finally give Cena a much needed heel turn.

Of the 'current' Superstars (IE any of the dudes on the roster now who I didn't know in the 90's) Punk is quickly becoming my favorite, so I hope he doesn't really leave the company. I do like the business, but I don't have the time or the inclination to follow the smaller promotions outside of WWE.. Especially not TNA, which seems to just be where all the washed up old timers go to fade away under the same cliche bits that were being used in the Monday Night Wars era.

Latest posts

')