The Official Sevenstring.org Pedalboards & Rigs of The Gods Thread!

• Thread starter Variant
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Josh Klinghoffer's pedalboard.

398907_10150923801793917_13581348916_10123401_877105285_n.jpg

Makes me blush with envy... :yum:

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
^ thats like my worst nightmare :lol:

I dont like tapdancing. I want a G System. and thats it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bigredmetfan

Reaction score
Don't know if anyone here listens to Threat Signal, but I just was talking to one of the guitarists and he has switched to the Axe FX 2....he says it is unreal and gets most of his tones/patches from the net lol....man I am tempted to get one....seems like its the way of the future.

He is from Texas while the band resides in Hamilton Canada so it's easy for him to take on flights and on tour

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
Kurt Ballou from Converge, pic i shot at today's show in Utrecht NL

2012-12-03215049.jpg

The right amp is a custom for him, the left is a blackstar of which i don't know the name :lol:

he used a TC electronics thing for his effects, it is placed on the custom amp as this was when they were setting up

transperformanc

Reaction score
gess wh these 2 belong to

Attachments

• Small_rig_stage.jpg
    Small_rig_stage.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 266
  • 1386933447055177275S500x500Q85.JPG
    1386933447055177275S500x500Q85.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 327

monkeysuncle

Reaction score
Anybody have a clue as to what Scott Hull is using nowadays (or even previously) rig wise? I read he's using AxeFX now with a Matrix poweramp, but thats about all I know.

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
Anybody have a clue as to what Scott Hull is using nowadays (or even previously) rig wise? I read he's using AxeFX now with a Matrix poweramp, but thats about all I know.

"Tell me about your gear and any endorsements you might have.

Yeah, I really owe my endorsement companies some props. I sort of renovated my signal flow for two reasons. First, because I wanted to change my sound, and second, because I wanted to be able to streamline my ability to travel with a minimal amount of backline required. That means I’d like to be able to travel with my own head, my own preamp and my own guitars. As you might imagine, if I were to take a typical guitar head or a big, heavy power block power amp, that stuff gets prohibitively expensive, especially with airline baggage fees.
Matrix Amplification is a company out of the UK that makes these very small but extremely powerful power amps, and I have one rack mount station called the GT800FX. It’s a 1,000-watt harness power amp that is about 10 pounds, but that means you can actually carry this thing onto the plane and travel anywhere in the world without having to check it. As any touring musician knows, once you check something, it gets destroyed. Not only is a fantastic sounding amp, it’s the one amp a lot of people use with the Fractal Audio guitar processor called the Axe-Fx, and it’s the one most regarded in the industry as an amp modeler. It’s purely preamp, but it’s the one processor that a lot of people hook up with the Matrix power amp to create their main rig.
I don’t use Fractal Audio yet, but I use the TightMetal pedal from Amptweaker. It’s a great pedal made by a guy named James Brown who worked for Peavey and helped them to develop the 5150 back in the '80s. I use Vader cabinets. I’ve been using them for about 10 years, close to when they started."

Interview: Pig Destroyer Guitarist Scott Hull Discusses

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
Well, that article was done at the end of last year, and he said he didn't have an axe fx YET. So, it wouldn't surprise me if he has one by now or if he does get one at some point soon. Considering the amount of different amps the guy has gone through, it would make sense.

jabo1

Reaction score
hi guys,

FOA, if there's already a thread who collect all band's gear, my apologize, i didn't find it...

So,
i tought it could be helpful to collect all band's gear/guitar rig, etc... in one thread ! anyone can give his pics or information .....

big job but here we go, i start !

- alter bridge :

images

images

images

and prs tremonti signature of course....

- evergrey

old caparison horus and dellinger

images

now i think they played on angelus model....

didn't find other pics but here are the last rig they use : Band

- metallica

just some pics cause too huge and big.... :

images

images

images

images

MetallicaMiniatureGuitar.jpg

+ esp ouija, etc etc

- tool

chancellor :
images

so you ???

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Joe Satriani's latest rig:

Satriani-pedal-board.jpg

satriani-amps.jpg

Satriani%27s-Guitars.jpg

Looks like Joe's stripped down his pedalboard immensely. He's comfortable enough with his Marshall sigs that the's ditched his signature Vox drive boxes entirely. There were a few more pedals just a few months back like the MXR Dyna Comp, Pro Octavia and another pedal I can't make out, but they've been removed now.