The official UEFA Euro '08 Thread

• Thread starter Guitarwizard
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Guitarwizard

Reaction score
Although there aren't too many Europeans here, I thought such a thread could be funny, just to talk about the games, results, favorite teams...

..and of course to celebrate Switzerlands big triuphal procession over the Czech Republic tonight! :fawk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Gilbucci

Dude..for real?
Reaction score
Forza Azzurri! My entire family is from Cosenza, so I'm rooting for Italy all the way.

Guitarwizard

Reaction score
Italy is, indeed, a bad ass team. :noplease:

They were kinda unlucky with their group, though. Holland and France could probably be better.

Whatever. I'm happy as long as Germany doesn't win, and Sitzerland can pass the group phase. :evil:

Gilbucci

Dude..for real?
Reaction score
I don't think we'll win it this year, unfortunately. Some of our key players aren't going to be playing (Inzaghi, Nesta, Cannavaro, and Totti) but I think we'll put up a good fight for sure. As long as Portugal doesn't win, I am a happy man.

Mr. S

tacos?
Reaction score
I'm rooting for Germany again, usually I support both England and Germany being part German but since the former are too crap to get in I get to support a decent team 100% this time instead of having to watch grown men cry as they yet again come to the realisation that it is not 1966 and it is not "our year" :rolleyes:

-K4G-

Go Auckland Blues!
Reaction score
I'm rooting for Germany again, usually I support both England and Germany being part German but since the former are too crap to get in I get to support a decent team 100% this time instead of having to watch grown men cry as they yet again come to the realisation that it is not 1966 and it is not "our year" :rolleyes:

:lol:

Do you know that both teams are a bore to watch? :D

Mr. S

tacos?
Reaction score

Do you know that both teams are a bore to watch? :D

Well the English are totally wank have been for some time, but the Germans have always been interesting to watch, they're not a big scoring team like Brazil (although i do remember them trouncing San Marino 13-0 or something in the qualifiers) but they've always been a strong and very technically minded team but after Jurgen Klinsmann's (who's a former Spurs player too :D) reign as coach they've actually changed to a more attack focused team, now if they manage to keep their previous qualities along with the new I dare say they're a serious contender :agreed:

Evilfrenchy

Reaction score
Hope France is going to set the record straight against italy.....we were robbed once not twice.....

Sebastian

Reaction score
Im from Poland so obviously i support them.. I know they will not win but hey :D its all about having a good time :)

Today the Best match in our group - POLAND - Germany... :woot:

Yesterdays matches... Portugal-Turkey,and Switzerland - Czech Republic were good, i plan to watch a couple of better matches.. France, Italy... Poland :lol:

DAMN.. we lost :(

Still congrats Germany :yesway: nice match

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
Hope France is going to set the record straight against italy.....we were robbed once not twice.....

:yesway:

Such a rivalry. It rumbles a lot in Montreal when it's Mundial or Euro time. Many communities over here and especially a lot of french from France and italians. That means a LOT of car horns trough the night. :lol:

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
Austria lost though, that's a good thing..:fawk:

man, austria is unable to qualify themselves and is just aprt of it because this hsit happens here. austrian football has always this little smell of special olympics.

how are things in switzerland going so far? vienna and klagenfurt the police and special ops are nonstop in action. this weekend in klagenfurt 140 arrests and as a little side note: 17 raped women. :mad: this is going totally out of control over here...

Makelele

Reaction score
In every game so far I've just rooted for the underdog, but I guess it'd be quite nice if Sweden did well. Though I hardly see that happening.

Blind Faith

Reaction score
Im going to support Holland since Scotland didnt make it through.

The past few games have been quite good, but the france game at the minute is quite poor

Guitarwizard

Reaction score
man, austria is unable to qualify themselves and is just aprt of it because this hsit happens here. austrian football has always this little smell of special olympics.

I know that - but Austria still did better than Switzerland, though... Croatia was damn close..

how are things in switzerland going so far? vienna and klagenfurt the police and special ops are nonstop in action. this weekend in klagenfurt 140 arrests and as a little side note: 17 raped women. :mad: this is going totally out of control over here...

wtf? There is nothing like that going on here in Zurich - the only problems were in Basel, because the gates were too small for all the pople to get in, so they had to let them all in without checking if they had weapons and stuff..

But damn - there wasn't one single word about these happenings in Austia in Swiss newspapers, seems to be pretty chaotic over there...

PS: O R A N J E ! ! ! ! ! !

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
But damn - there wasn't one single word about these happenings in Austia in Swiss newspapers, seems to be pretty chaotic over there...

there is also not many of it in austrian newspapers, except the "140 hooligans arrested" headline...but you know: the father of a friend of mine is a cop in klagenfurt, so we get a little "more" information as there is the order to keep as many as possible away from the public as there was in advance a lot of criticism as there are way not enough cops and securities in austria.

')