The Orange Dual Dark is back... but its not dark

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Moongrum

Reaction score
Good to know you still agree with yourself a couple posts later :lol:
Do you want me to change my stance and say it's a good deal or something lol
I've been ignorant of amps for a while since I don't play with people anymore, so didn't know the current going rate. But thems the breaks, got to pay to play:nono:

Shask

Reaction score
Do you want me to change my stance and say it's a good deal or something lol
I've been ignorant of amps for a while since I don't play with people anymore, so didn't know the current going rate. But thems the breaks, got to pay to play:nono:
I think Orange has always had an upcharge on their stuff because of the Orange name. Who knows, maybe they had the same distributor as Marshall that just jacked up all the prices? lol

I have never been an Orange fan, but I do think they do some cool analog stuff. The Super Crush amps, and the Pedal Baby, and such. Glad to see them pushing with Class AB designs.

Moongrum

Reaction score
I think Orange has always had an upcharge on their stuff because of the Orange name. Who knows, maybe they had the same distributor as Marshall that just jacked up all the prices? lol
I remember them being expensive, but I also thought smaller boutique/forum darlings charging around $2k and that was always handwired/whatever. Not that's the basis for a good amp, just expensive/fancy labor.
I'm looking at amp prices now, and even something like a (totally different amp) Fender Twin Reverb reissue is $2.1k. I'm waaaayyyy out of the loop on amp prices.

Anyways, apologies to participants of this thread, I'm getting way off topic.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I remember them being expensive, but I also thought smaller boutique/forum darlings charging around $2k and that was always handwired/whatever. Not that's the basis for a good amp, just expensive/fancy labor.
I'm looking at amp prices now, and even something like a (totally different amp) Fender Twin Reverb reissue is $2.1k. I'm waaaayyyy out of the loop on amp prices.

Don't mind me, I'm low on sleep and need more coffee :lol:

Shask

Reaction score

Yeah, last time I bought a new tube amp head, was when I got my EVH 5153 50W 6L6 for $750. I see those are significantly more now....

TheBlackBard

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Cool, but I'm happy with my Rockerverb. Had it almost three years, and there hasn't been another amp yet that's made me want to change that.

Bearitone

Reaction score
I actually really dig the white Tolex. Also don’t understand the comments about not having a clean channel. I remember being able to get crystal cleans on both channels of my old Dual Dark 100. For me I kept channel A clean because I dug channel B more for high gain stuff

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
I actually really dig the white Tolex. Also don’t understand the comments about not having a clean channel. I remember being able to get crystal cleans on both channels of my old Dual Dark 100. For me I kept channel A clean because I dug channel B more for high gain stuff
yeah I'm just talking shit I've never even played one. my Fender Hotrod 112 has better "cleans" on the dirt side with the gain just barely opened up and the master cranked.

drb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score

drb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I mean clearly it does :lol:
The GBP:USD exchange rate is currently 1:1.3, £1,799 would then be ~$2,330. It's a good deal in the states, I reckon. If someone's coming over to the UK fancy stuffing one in your suitcase for me? :lol:

')