The original Quake

• Thread starter GuitarG2
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

slowro

Drunken Scot
Reaction score
Amazing game and so moody
theres not many games that can achieve that combo

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DiezelMonster

Complainasaurus Rex
Reaction score
I was a huge Quake 1 nerd, but an even bigger DooM nerd! I got the shareware of doom in 1993 I think, and that was that! I loved the evil feeling and dark imagery of the games! and the music always helped that!

I can't wait for DooM4!

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
Have the logo tattooed on my back. Fucking adore Quake. Suck at it, but still. :wub:

thedonal

Reaction score
Quake was a revolutionary game. I think the firt FPS with 3D models to fight, rather than sprites and the whole mouse look thing.

I loved the Cthulhu stuff in it. Not nearly enough Cthulhu in games.

Fond memories of that on a Mac Performa and 3DFX card.

And then there was Duke Nukem. "Shake it, babieeeeee".

Aaaah. Thems were the daze!

Is there a quake conversion for XP?

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
lol funnily enough i downloaded the high res (and i mean super high res) texture pack and darkplaces mod. Brings in all modern day graphic features, and i also found a .pk file with the whole NIN soundtrack so it plays ingame for those people that bought it on steam. I finished the first 3 episodes, up to the final one now!

here's how it looks with a few mods, if anyones interested i can send you all the links for everything you need to make this game even more awsome!

NovaReaper

Banned
Reaction score
lol funnily enough i downloaded the high res (and i mean super high res) texture pack and darkplaces mod. Brings in all modern day graphic features, and i also found a .pk file with the whole NIN soundtrack so it plays ingame for those people that bought it on steam. I finished the first 3 episodes, up to the final one now!

here's how it looks with a few mods, if anyones interested i can send you all the links for everything you need to make this game even more awsome!

it looks amazing, but my computer is too shitty to run it with these textures smoothly so i just use ezquake.

Quake Servers / QuakeServers.net
servers are rarely active but when they are it's the most fun multiplayer game i've ever played.

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
instead of using rygels ultra texture pack (which is mega consuming and a huge download), try his "high" version...the difference you won't notice, and it's a lot less resourceful. Gives you new weapon models, textures, etc.

Rygel's 'High' hi-res texture pack for LordHavoc's 'DarkPlaces' Quake mod - rygel-dp-texturepack-high.pk3 - games.on.net - Australia's #1 location for PC games news, reviews, servers and files!

or try these textures (really good too)

:: Quake Revitalization Project ::

here's all the audio for all quake games and mission packs in .pk files

High Quality Music Packs - QuakeOne - Quake 1 Resurrection

Here is a place for HD monster models, weapons, for quake 1, and its mission packs

Quake Reforged

')