The Painting thread

• Thread starter odibrom
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IGC

Reaction score
@IGC There is no bar level in this thread, and it is not "mine", it belongs to whom ever posts here, so it's yours already! My role here is just to stimulate painting/drawing sharing, that's all. I know there are a lot of talented people here, so let's all share our doings in these areas, shall we?

That drawing looks nice, would you like to share a little more info on that? I can understand it is some sort of graphite as a base medium on paper. Who is the portraited fellow, how did you do it, by photo, live session? These things bring some additional charm to the images, which are the real object of the thread.

Did you not develop your drawing skills any further?

Thanks, yes graphite to paper nothing special probably a standard pencil. Hendrix, sketched from a - if I can remember correctly, pic of him in guitar world? This would probably be the extent of my drawing skills.
Your pieces and brolairs on display in this thread are very nicely completed. Shading has very good 3d realism.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IGC

Reaction score
This came out a little lopsided but here we go. Did this probably 5.5 years ago doodling at work (those were the days). Graphite to graph paper, I also utilized cross hatch shading.

SggN1ic8W4HwaiZK_ssWRjAjrgM2u0NIfb8KW-sMaWnfWZ-5_M9cCt_LlSyBaX5dgqsm-KpvM4rTA7jU_jyMmZI6MQ-UGD-NDFjmOAm6SDVpcuZr2J5UdD1tFJTmqh9CSoF4W9XODa8Wu6_DmNeFWrIl7YAoVJn-t45hBO-gVsGSSUBZS-3mA0bEQpCuWynT9n7en4vlGBaLp5kHQ4yrfnWjidNAWIvZudM0rGblS6zaYrd7fI4v4-T3Gp8jEoVEPK3i5kOfBlmAd6eYhApizQDm5lUxfLChZXFTGDtTPV1F_nBY3IxHAuo-1tC9PRhmt22m4Bn3Ivkz1zmKH37Yd5wUdqOqkpCObGoJ4xrqP4dudlQgjPlR5eM5xAkJpHLFpQiMR_M0prNNrrtzMmHLk6ir-lsUBZKFjpv0_bCejTx40EloGp8SnfrkapUO0NSrbnwwfbpwEvFQSU4JP2MdDc7GHy63abshMhGzFPt72e7H9QnxDoSXqQ8iG8MhZNRUz7LnbGo87xK58xTRsKrdUJMEiHHZIHWOSofjmrdOrn8dR7LOGHSZqv1BjDmhUAbzA0FrmS0sdLtTQtCX1Lj1mqq8ZxZ992tN41Pise0l4Wr30fLDH3x8=w1369-h771-no

Reaction score
Damn, no pic again bro. You said earlier on another thread that you are hosting them on Google Photos, have you checked the photos properties so you can share them on social media? (I don't use google photos).

PS - Thanks for the compliment on my works... I'm trying to make my living out of this...

Reactions: IGC

IGC

Reaction score
Damn, no pic again bro. You said earlier on another thread that you are hosting them on Google Photos, have you checked the photos properties so you can share them on social media? (I don't use google photos).

PS - Thanks for the compliment on my works... I'm trying to make my living out of this...

Are you referring to the last skull pic I posted in this thread not showing up? I will look into the sharing properties, thanks for that lead. Im seein it here tho currently...unlike the bridge pics in my build thread wich for some reason don't work. Maybe a pic per thread limit on here? IDK.

Definitely nice pieces. Are you an art teacher? Maybe graphic designer? Degree in the arts?
Is it a dream of yours to make a living off of your art, or something you just ended up doing?

Reaction score
It's my academic education, as said earlier, Degree in Painting, Master in Drawing, PhD (in process) in Descriptive Geometry... I've been an art teacher, a Draftsman, a Designer, a painter, illustrator, photographer... so many things already...

Yep, the "skull" doesn't show...

IGC

Reaction score
It's my academic education, as said earlier, Degree in Painting, Master in Drawing, PhD (in process) in Descriptive Geometry... I've been an art teacher, a Draftsman, a Designer, a painter, illustrator, photographer... so many things already...

Yep, the "skull" doesn't show...

Hmmm dunno why its not showing on your side? Oh well.

Wow, sorry I missed your credentials earlier in this thread, I get so burnt out after working 10 hr days and am kind of brain dead afterwards...
But way cool, I envy people with your level of education.

So post some more stuff man, Im really diggin!

Reaction score
I'm working on it for quite some time, I have no patience on organizing and building a portfolio... shame on me, I know...

Reaction score
@mikernaut That's some portfolio. Very very nice stuff you got there. Please feel free to post your stuff here, there is no derailing in sharing images that you created. I called this "The Painting Thread", but didn't specify what techniques are involved, and I have already posted some drawings. Bring your best or worst, contribute and we all will grow with it. Share a few words about "context", "how to" or technical details. I can see you're a Scy Fy illustrator for video games and you work mostly with 3D software. Please, say more of you.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words odibrom. I'm actually more 2d still. I just painted the textures that were applied to the 3d models. I currently don't have a hosting site to post "3rd party" images in forums :/ since Photobucket screwed all their users over and won't allow it now.

Reaction score
Nice, @DaybridgeGhost, thanks for sharing. Would you like to share how you made it? Looks like computer work... photoshop / painter / similar software...?

I painted it on GIMP (I don't remember which version, but I think it was 2.6) on a Microsoft tablet. Currently, I use Krita for digital paintings.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Hello folks.

Since recently I've done some new paintings (I actually restarted to paint after some years just passing by), I though about, why not sharing them with you, you know, I kind of feel proud of them.

So I'll start with a photo of a triptych called Cube Trilogy. They represent a complete rip from my painting past, for good reasons, I mean, be it in atitude or expression.

These are 3 stereoscopic paintings to be decoded by the crossing eyes method. They are meant to invoke the need for different perspectives in order to understand our environment, in this situation, the space around us: size/dimension and distance. I wanted to confront the first understanding of space from the "2D" observation with the "3D" feeling of the stereoscopic one. These are 1x1 meters each and painted with acrylic paint over plywood. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

18401913_1896195400662455_6967665746757722303_o.jpg

Feel free to post your own paintings, to comment on these 3 or to ask anything about these or any others. I'm a Painting Graduate, Master in Drawing and PhD (in progress) in Descriptive Geometry, by the Lisbon's Fine Arts School (http://www.belasartes.ulisboa.pt/en/.

I can hardly draw a stick figure! I took an art class and tried still life etc, but no, I don't have the patience for it at all. My handwriting is also illegible and atrocious too. I later turned to fractal art by manifpulating Madelbrot and Julia sets to arrive at my own stuff. It's fun and can be used for ambient and soundscape album art or what not.. I used this type of thing for amibient trippy space jam recording collections. : ) I have literally hundreds of them I made. Let me know if you want to see more and I'll put some more up.

xp.jpg