The Peavey Vandenberg is Coming Back?!?

• Thread starter technomancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Every time I see this thread get bumped I have hope it's news... and I keep being disappointed :lol:
If they do a USA Vandenberg, I am buying it. Straight away. My old Series One is feeling its years and I have to keep an eye out for Kahler parts whenever they pop up. I would love a new Vandy. I just hope they don't pull a Kramer and make it a cheap import.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If they do a USA Vandenberg, I am buying it. Straight away. My old Series One is feeling its years and I have to keep an eye out for Kahler parts whenever they pop up. I would love a new Vandy. I just hope they don't pull a Kramer and make it a cheap import.

It'll probably be made in the same factory that is making the HP2s in Europe unless they find somebody here to ghost build it.

ShredmasterD

Calls it like it is.
Reaction score
It'll probably be made in the same factory that is making the HP2s in Europe unless they find somebody here to ghost build it.
i have a HP2 that was made before they temporarily halted production and then moved it to Europe. it has so many issues its not funny. hardware installed crooked, needed shim to get action close to reasonable, dirt under finish on neck, saw/cut marks on inlays.... I hear the Czech made are far better.

Marked Man

Reaction score

I remember playing one back in the day and recalling it was one of if not the fastest guitar I had ever played (still up there I'm sure). That was quite an obsession at that time, and they nailed the speed aspect. I could have never been seen playing a pink guitar in public :ugh: but in the right finish I might have rocked it.

And now that it's coming back? I'll find one to check out for sure.

Marked Man

Reaction score
I'm hoping they use the same company that is ghost building the Washburn USA models. The current N4s are amazing.

The N4 is one of the great unsung guitars of our time. I think a lot of players are freaked out by the Stephens super-mega cutaway. I bought a Charvel that I intended to be a near twin for everything on the N4 other than the cutaway and it succeeded, but there's no getting around having a Buick at the joint instead of air. I'm gonna have to break down and get a real N4 eventually.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
A Vandenberg with a Stephen's neck joint would be amazing. I think they are allowed to put them on other guitars now that the patent/license thing expired.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Hopefully the below video starts at 13 minutes otherwise you can just fast forward Steroid Shred Lord. Vandenberg mentions that he now has the new prototypes but that Peavey wasn't ready to do any promotions at whatever the European version of NAMM is called. It sounds like it is happening.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wonder what the actual neck thickness on these is? Never had a chance to get my hands on one.

Also, that custom is amazing

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I remember seeing these in my local music store in the early 90's and I've always thought they were cool looking. :yesway:

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
I wonder what the actual neck thickness on these is? Never had a chance to get my hands on one.

Also, that custom is amazing
My '88 Series One is pretty slim and narrow. It is a unique feeling instrument and shreds on its own. The nut is 41mm and the thickness is similar to a Wizard, but the scale is Gibson length. The radius is 15 or 16 - from what I remember.

Last edited:

jl-austin

Reaction score
My understanding is that they had similar specs to the Kramer Nightswan.

JSKrev

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Those were one of the better super-strat shapes, and easily Peavey's best looking guitar. No surprise to hear they borrowed aspects from Kramer.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
We talking Ibanez 570 original wizard ruler thin or ESP thin? :lol:

Ibanez is so thin it cramps my hand while I like the ESP Horizon I for example.
I was editing the post when you responded.

The nut is 41mm and the thickness is similar to a Wizard I/II, but the scale is Gibson length. The radius is 15 or 16 - from what I remember.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was editing the post when you responded.

The nut is 41mm and the thickness is similar to a Wizard I/II, but the scale is Gibson length. The radius is 15 or 16 - from what I remember.

Damn probably means this would be a no go for me then... I just don't get along with super thin necks :(

Latest posts

')