The Peavey Vandenberg is Coming Back?!?

• Thread starter technomancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Damn probably means this would be a no go for me then... I just don't get along with super thin necks :(
Adrian was a Les Paul player that had a signature super-strat, but once the endorsement was over, he was back to playing Gibsons. My guess is that this time around, he might go with something more similar to what he basically has been playing this entire life outside of the early 90 Whitesnake tours. In the interview, he did mention that they are going to use a Floyd Rose this time around, rather than the Kahler Killer 2710.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
From Adrian V himself on social media, Guitar(s) will be introduced this week end in Germany at the guitar Summit , Friday/saturday.
Have you heard set neck or bolt-on?

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score

It says signature "guitars"... plural. It would be a good move if they did a higher end like the original signature version - set neck + neck through hybrid construction (MIA or Croatian, etc.), and then made an affordable bolt-on "Epiphone" version in Indonesia, Korea, or China (Like the old MIK V-Type). They could target the $2k and sub-$1k markets.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It says signature "guitars"... plural. It would be a good move if they did a higher end like the original signature version - set neck + neck through hybrid construction (MIA or Croatian, etc.), and then made an affordable bolt-on "Epiphone" version in Indonesia, Korea, or China (Like the old MIK V-Type).

I doubt you're going to see anything more "affordable" than the H2s... that said I am hoping the Customs are back. Guess we'll find out this weekend

Friedman has something new coming out on the 27th or maybe it was the 29th as well. Should be an interesting week or so.

On an unrelated note why the hell is all this stuff coming out in September when I am trying not to buy anything :rofl:

Reaction score
IMG_1513.jpeg

narad

Reaction score
I would say I sold my custom just in time, but then the price of these could easily exceed the amount I got for it :D

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
I doubt you're going to see anything more "affordable" than the H2s... that said I am hoping the Customs are back. Guess we'll find out this weekend

Friedman has something new coming out on the 27th or maybe it was the 29th as well. Should be an interesting week or so.

On an unrelated note why the hell is all this stuff coming out in September when I am trying not to buy anything :rofl:

Yeah the Puzzle and the Quilt versions have been white whales for me. I passed up a puzzle for $2k around 2003 and wow am I regretting it.

I was planning on buying a Virginia EJ Strat with my work bonus but now I might have to grab one of these instead.

narad

Reaction score
Yeah the Puzzle and the Quilt versions have been white whales for me. I passed up a puzzle for $2k around 2003 and wow am I regretting it.

I was planning on buying a Virginia EJ Strat with my work bonus but now I might have to grab one of these instead.

Never heard of that EJ strat but just watched a video of Eric talking about it. It's funny -- all this talk of wood doesn't matter, etc. by some random guy on youtube, and then Eric talks about sassafras for 20 minutes.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
Never heard of that EJ strat but just watched a video of Eric talking about it. It's funny -- all this talk of wood doesn't matter, etc. by some random guy on youtube, and then Eric talks about sassafras for 20 minutes.

Surprised it doesn't have a 9v battery at exactly 7.1v - no more, no less - inside. :lol:

narad

Reaction score
Surprised it doesn't have a 9v battery at exactly 7.1v - no more, no less - inside. :lol:

The "not quite 500k pot" definitely has that vibe! Cool guitar though. Not as expensive as I was expecting.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
The "not quite 500k pot" definitely has that vibe! Cool guitar though. Not as expensive as I was expecting.

They were only $2400 new 2 years ago. I had an offer for $2100 from Sweetwater rep - I should have taken it!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Yeah I passed on a puzzle when they were mid-$2k and now that they have soared into insanity I just don't want one bad enough to spend that much money :lol:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
This was only talked about a year ago... the Pumpkin has been pending since 2020 and they had an amp at NAMM vs just saying "oh yeah we're working on this" :lol:
I coulda swore the Pumpkin has been in the works since the early 2010s actually lol. I think Jason talked about prototypes as far back as then.
What a cursed amp.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Cursed amps aside... Looks like they're basing these Vandebergs on the '90s Quilt Top variants if what Vandenberg is holding is one of the final models? That or I guess they're gonna do variants based on both the '80s and '90s models?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I coulda swore the Pumpkin has been in the works since the early 2010s actually lol. I think Jason talked about prototypes as far back as then.
What a cursed amp.

Jason was working on his modded Marshall this is based on back then, but I didn't hear anything about a production signature amp until more recently, maybe 2018? But yeah they've been tweaking the actual Evil Pumpkin modded Marshall forever on and off.

Cursed amps aside... Looks like they're basing these Vandebergs on the '90s Quilt Top variants if what Vandenberg is holding is one of the final models? That or I guess they're gonna do variants based on both the '80s and '90s models?

Yeah we shall see this weekend I guess... if they do a custom reissue that's not stupid expensive I am in trouble :lol:

Latest posts

')