The Peavey Vandenberg is Coming Back?!?

• Thread starter technomancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JSKrev

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think matte black looks best with that shape.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
1695251304090.jpeg

1695251357192.jpeg

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Whelp, looks like my money's safe. You really going to rerelease these and not do a puzzle paintjob? Do you not like money, Peavey?

That looks like a custom... if these are priced around the HP2s I am in trouble :lol:

That said at the rate Peavey seems to actually get things available in stores I probably have a year so that's fine

Metal-Box

Gear Curator
Reaction score
That looks like a custom... if these are priced around the HP2s I am in trouble :lol:

That said at the rate Peavey seems to actually get things available in stores I probably have a year so that's fine
My exact impression. If these are priced right my wallet is going to be unhappy.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
So apparently him and Peavey's product development manager did a Q&A session at Guitar Summit but I can't find anything lol. No video or anything.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
So apparently him and Peavey's product development manager did a Q&A session at Guitar Summit but I can't find anything lol. No video or anything.

Ask him if it was built with prison labor.

manu80

Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised by the whole thing. They know there's a public for this sig.
So you got a bunch of people interested, here, on social medias etc etc... And the day it's introduced, well nothing on Peavey's page, no infos, few specs, no communication on it...wtf ? they're teasing just to check if it can work ? they're not ready like the HP2's ? weird....

melomanic

Reaction score
Taken from the Guitar Summit product launch page: https://www.guitarsummit.de/news-en/product-launches-at-guitar-summit-2023/?lang=en

"A classic of the ’80s returns: the Adrian Vandenberg Signature Series includes three colorways – Purple Flame Maple, Rock-it Pink and Matte Black. The refreshed Signature models are a modern interpretation of the most iconic guitars of that era.

Adrian Vandenberg burst onto the global scene in 1982, touring extensively with his band in the US, Europe and Japan. He later shined as Whitesnake guitarist with his unforgettable lead guitar on the chart-topping hit “Here I Go Again ′87” and coined the 8x platinum album “1987”. He also co-wrote the platinum album “Slip of the Tongue” (1989) and shared guitar duties with Steve Vai during the subsequent tour.

His collaboration with Peavey began back in 1988, and the guitars built to his specifications are coveted on the used market today. At the Guitar Summit he will personally present his brand new Signature Series! On Friday, he will be available to answer questions in a Q&A session.

In all three new editions, the neck and body are made of high-quality mahogany, which provides a solid foundation for rich sustain and resonance. The “Purple Flame Maple” has an impressive top made of curly maple. The bound ebony fingerboard adds a touch of elegance, and a “Floyd Rose Original” tremolo bridge allows for precise tuning stability and expressive dive bombs. The Seymour Duncan pickups offer a wide range from snappy high-gain leads to nuanced, dynamic cleans."

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised by the whole thing. They know there's a public for this sig.
So you got a bunch of people interested, here, on social medias etc etc... And the day it's introduced, well nothing on Peavey's page, no infos, few specs, no communication on it...wtf ? they're teasing just to check if it can work ? they're not ready like the HP2's ? weird....

It’s so unlike peavey to flub a release too.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Taken from the Guitar Summit product launch page: https://www.guitarsummit.de/news-en/product-launches-at-guitar-summit-2023/?lang=en

"A classic of the ’80s returns: the Adrian Vandenberg Signature Series includes three colorways – Purple Flame Maple, Rock-it Pink and Matte Black. The refreshed Signature models are a modern interpretation of the most iconic guitars of that era.

Adrian Vandenberg burst onto the global scene in 1982, touring extensively with his band in the US, Europe and Japan. He later shined as Whitesnake guitarist with his unforgettable lead guitar on the chart-topping hit “Here I Go Again ′87” and coined the 8x platinum album “1987”. He also co-wrote the platinum album “Slip of the Tongue” (1989) and shared guitar duties with Steve Vai during the subsequent tour.

His collaboration with Peavey began back in 1988, and the guitars built to his specifications are coveted on the used market today. At the Guitar Summit he will personally present his brand new Signature Series! On Friday, he will be available to answer questions in a Q&A session.

In all three new editions, the neck and body are made of high-quality mahogany, which provides a solid foundation for rich sustain and resonance. The “Purple Flame Maple” has an impressive top made of curly maple. The bound ebony fingerboard adds a touch of elegance, and a “Floyd Rose Original” tremolo bridge allows for precise tuning stability and expressive dive bombs. The Seymour Duncan pickups offer a wide range from snappy high-gain leads to nuanced, dynamic cleans."

Love those snappy high-gain leads and nuanced, dynamic cleans. If someone was trying to sell me a guitar on the street with that line I'd be like... are you a cop?

pawel

Reaction score
Unfortunately it already happened lol. Yesterday in fact.

I was there. They basically said that the guitars shown at the show are still „handmade“ (but not prototypes anymore) and they are working on sorting out the production. Supposedly same specs as the originals but with a floyd and duncans. Pricing is to be determined, but around 3K USD. The three at the show are the first designs and they are planning to expand the line.

Latest posts

')