The Peavey Vandenberg is Coming Back?!?

• Thread starter technomancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JSKrev

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Agreed. Why do they have to Schecter-ize everything?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score

Set neck, 24 3/4" scale. 15" radius. Doesn't give fret size. Might be a 6105 type. Don't look particularly wide.

Man they hit on some finishes that made sure I'm not tempted to buy one. I can't stand the red binding on the black one. Pink is fine generally but not liking such a pale pink. And the maple top one is... not for me.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Iiiinteresting that they did it set neck. Though, the original neck construction is something weird. Would be nice if they recreated it.

But yea, what's with these companies? You release a nightswan you don't do lightning? You release the vandenberg and don't do puzzle? I guess you want some place to move to next for continued sales, but why risk never getting around to it?

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
They make 200 firewood specials and two models of 2.5-3k priced guitars that are probably made in China. Hard no on all of it, especially given how disreputable Peavey has been the past 10 years or so. I'd suffice for a Nightswan for less than a third the cost. You could also got for a Jersey Star for about 250 more, but it's 25.5". You could get both of those for less than the cost of the Vandenberg.

I may need to semi retire my H1001 and H500, so I may want go try out the Nightswan and Jersey Star.

cardinal

Reaction score
I briefly tinkered with a new NightSwan. The action was up high and I forgot to bring a multitool to drop it down. But from what I could tell it was pretty nice. I keep meaning to go back for a better look at it.

Metal-Box

Gear Curator
Reaction score
I briefly tinkered with a new NightSwan. The action was up high and I forgot to bring a multitool to drop it down. But from what I could tell it was pretty nice. I keep meaning to go back for a better look at it.
I have one and I really like it. The trademark (weird) humbucker placement is off putting to me but I crank it all the down and only has the bridge anyway. Overall it really checks a lot of the boxes I look for.

And yeah, a lightning model would be killer but I think it’s trademarked by Buddy Blaze guitars.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
The Nightswan pickup placement grew on me sound-wise after playing Strats a lot. Especially both pickups combined get you some great clean and breakup tones.

The drawback is when you're like me and hit the strings like a caveman. You gotta crank the pickup low and it really fucks with the balance of the pickups

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I kind of want an Aztec Nightswan and a Jersey Star.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
The Nightswan pickup placement grew on me sound-wise after playing Strats a lot. Especially both pickups combined get you some great clean and breakup tones.

The drawback is when you're like me and hit the strings like a caveman. You gotta crank the pickup low and it really fucks with the balance of the pickups
I can't pick like that. I dig in and really hit the strings, but having the pick in far enough between the strings for that to be an issue, my playing is compromised quite a bit as is.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
8dr1vj.jpg

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I have one and I really like it. The trademark (weird) humbucker placement is off putting to me but I crank it all the down and only has the bridge anyway. Overall it really checks a lot of the boxes I look for.

And yeah, a lightning model would be killer but I think it’s trademarked by Buddy Blaze guitars.
I don't know if it was a real one or a repro, but the lightning version I saw was really badly done, st least on the top (bass) portion of the body.

cardinal

Reaction score
I can't pick like that. I dig in and really hit the strings, but having the pick in far enough between the strings for that to be an issue, my playing is compromised quite a bit as is.
I have an OG NightSwan and I just completely removed the middle humbucker. It's a great guitar with a lot going for it but that middle humbucker is not one of those things.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
To add, the only thing I'd have to really get used to is the Floyd Rose. Primarily, decking them (I don't think the guitars are routed for pull ups on the bar), learning to intonate them, and possibly blocking them for down only if needed. I had a Floyd loaded guitar I'm the past (MH201) and the bridge wouldn't hold the strings when I had changed strings. That bad experience (as well as some pain in the ass experiences changing strings for friends with Floyd Rose loaded guitars) has me a bit reluctant.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Funny thing happened today, was in the booth at NAMM and someone came by who was working with Peavey on the launch of the Vandenberg, asking if I had any pickup rings and springs/screws because Peavey forgot to bring them. I didn't, of course.
Fucking amateur hour at Peavey. :lol:

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
Fucking amateur hour at Peavey. :lol:
I can't say much, I forgot the knobs, springs, and screws for the neck pickup on one of my guitars too :lol: I pointed him to the booth I got a set of springs and screws from, one of the Chinese vendors just gave them to me, was really nice.

')