The Peavey Vandenberg is Coming Back?!?

• Thread starter technomancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zado

Reaction score
To me that makes more sense - make them in Korea and charge around $1500-$1600.

Have Korea make your guitars for 1.6k in 2024

firewood_delivery_truck_dropping_of_a_pile_of_wood_from_southern_hills_firewood.jpg

complex-barb.0t

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
People are saying these guitars should be made in Korea, but Peavey is far more likely to do MIC. AKA made in (a US) correctional facility.

FrashyFroo

Reaction score
They should have just taken the template of the shell pink one and done that in a few colours. That maple top is awful and the black one looks like it's years out of date, and not in a cool way.

ZLE

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Actually I like the black one with the red binding(If it is binding and not paint as well), if that makes me outdated, it's about time, I am almost 50😁

Last edited:

Surveyor 777

I measure things
Reaction score
Have Korea make your guitars for 1.6k in 2024

firewood_delivery_truck_dropping_of_a_pile_of_wood_from_southern_hills_firewood.jpg
I guess maybe I should have said Indonesia or, maybe more accurately these days -China (with better quality standards in the guitars they make, it seems).

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
FWIW the Peavey pink is called Rock-it Pink... it's always been that hue.

The 1989 red quilt custom used to be one of the rarest and most sought after of the lineup, along with the Puzzle:

Peavey Quilt.JPG

And I personally love the new black/red. YMMV

I briefly tinkered with a new NightSwan. The action was up high and I forgot to bring a multitool to drop it down. But from what I could tell it was pretty nice. I keep meaning to go back for a better look at it.

I have a bunch of the new Kramers and they are some of my fav guitars. The Nightswan, Gunstar Voyager, and Baretta First Strike especially.

Last edited:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll reserve judgement on the tops until they start showing up somewhere that takes photos. IIRC the HP2 tops have been decent.

That said a pink one is almost definitely coming home sooner or later (and will go right back if it sucks) :lol:

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
I kinda think the Vandy's have a cool look to them yet pretty weird/unbalanced at the same time. I couldn't justify dropping 3k on one of the new ones but the originals do have a bit of a cult following....enough to sell a lot...that remains to be seen especially at that price point.

I grabbed another of the V Type ones a few months back...STB model. They are good little guitars...well built with scorching high output humbuckers...actually way better than those lame Di Marzio/IBZ things on some the Ibby Prestige models. Downside is the Limited Edition versions are way OTT in terms of gaudiness...slapping this much abalone on a guitar that's styling was never gonna win the vast majority of people over was never a good idea. Had this on my bench today for a fretboard clean/condition/restring. Thankfully the previous owner seemed to play a lot of cowboy chords as most of the crud was around the first 3 frets....still had to dig a lot out using a 2mm Dunlop pick. I actually scored this for like £200 (GBP)...they come trem equipped (jury's still out on those trems) and with less vomit inducing solid finishes and abalone free! Be warned though...board is super slim at the nut...sub 42mm.

setup.jpg
setup-2.jpg

I think I mentioned earlier in this thread that a Peavey Rep took my Black V type off me a few years back and told me they were relaunching the Vandenberg Series and they needed a few for the design process:

P1010030 (2).JPG

manu80

Reaction score
quick question
I 'm gonna get the white S3 vandenberg i just got refined in pink instead of the white that was sprayed all over.
About rock it pink : I see one that looks like bubblegum pink, the new batch looks more like shell pink and the one I just got (generation 3) has a pink that tends more to light purple metallic.
Which one is good? bubblegum right ?

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
quick question
I 'm gonna get the white S3 vandenberg i just got refined in pink instead of the white that was sprayed all over.
About rock it pink : I see one that looks like bubblegum pink, the new batch looks more like shell pink and the one I just got (generation 3) has a pink that tends more to light purple metallic.
Which one is good? bubblegum right ?
You want the pinkest one you can get.

TedintheShed

Retired bassist pretending to play guitar
Reaction score
Whelp I just ordered a black one with the red inlays and OFR. Looks like November! This is a flashback to when I was young and working in a mom and pop guitar store. and Peavey released these.

Different looking bridge pickup that originally advertised I think. (uncovered)

VANDY.png

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Whelp I just ordered a black one with the red inlays and OFR. Looks like November! This is a flashback to when I was young and working in a mom and pop guitar store. and Peavey released these.

Different looking bridge pickup that originally advertised I think. (uncovered)

View attachment 147866
Wonder why they switched? They were initially Blackouts-style plastic covers.
Not a fan of the Zebra, shoulda just stuck with black and put a red logo on both pickups or something

')