The Perfect 7

• Thread starter Shadow_6667
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shadow_6667

Reaction score
So im looking for the perfect 7 sting to add to my rig.
As y'all know so much i wanted some help.

Guidelines:

NO EMG's They sound shit, i hate active pickups and frankly the sound out of Schechter stocks out of my Omen is better than any EMG i heard to date mainly for the cleans.

The guitar has to look Godlike, or like satans offering :metal: whichever way you roll.

Absolutely no budget limit.

Thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
So im looking for the perfect 7 sting to add to my rig.
As y'all know so much i wanted some help.

Guidelines:

NO EMG's They sound shit, i hate active pickups and frankly the sound out of Schechter stocks out of my Omen is better than any EMG i heard to date mainly for the cleans.

The guitar has to look Godlike, or like satans offering :metal: whichever way you roll.

Thanks

When there's not a price limit, why get something off a conveyor belt? Go custom dude.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Are you looking for production or custom shop?

Production I would go with a Musicman Petrucci 7, since money is no option, get a Ball Family Reserve one.

Custom shop, there's a wealth of information on here. Several very reputable builders are on this site too.

Let us know what your preferences are; wood selection, neck join construction.......etc.

Shadow_6667

Reaction score
Here we go...

Snakewood would go down nicely for bodytop and fretboard with a natural finish, alder body.

Fixed bridge unless there is a perfect trem out there that stays in tune for 7ns.

As for the scale i dont quite know what you mean... but not barritone.

Thanks again.

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
Here we go...

Snakewood would go down nicely for bodytop and fretboard with a natural finish, alder body.

Fixed bridge unless there is a perfect trem out there that stays in tune for 7ns.

As for the scale i dont quite know what you mean... but not barritone.

Thanks again.

Length between bridge/nut. TBH, if you haven't tried a bari, don't rule it out. If you have and really don't like it, atleast 26.5", and if that's too long then don't go shorter than 25.5" unless you're going to tune it standard with a high A.

I'd say OFR7 if you want a trem, that or an Ibby trem.

Dylan S

Reaction score
My idea of a perfect 7 string.

Arch top RG made from ash with a 27'' neck with ebony board, and lundgrens. String thru also.

But your idea is probably different. :lol:

I say go custom too. Ran make some amazing stuff, as well as KxK.

ilikes2shred

Reaction score
Just as a heads-up, Snakewood trees are quite narrow in diameter, and would be useless as a top. It'd work for a fretboard and a headstock laminate, but it wouldn't work for a top (unless you wanted to use like, 5 different slices haha).

I've seen half-logs nearly 7 inches in diameter, so with enough hard work I'm sure you could find some that could be bookmatched.

Otherwise you could try similar woods such as leopardwood (might be the same thing as snakewood) and lacewood.

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
NO EMG's They sound shit

no offense man, but this description makes you sound like an idiot.

first off, i respect you dislike EMGs, which is fine, but "no EMG's they sound shit" is simply a pointless remark. a general description of what kind of music you play, or what tone you want would really be more useful than your pointless comments, in case you're expecting to be taken seriously.

Joel

Reaction score
If I had any amount of money to buy a 7 I think it would have to be either: Sherman, Oni or Blackmachine.

But production: EBMM JP7, Ibanez LACS (2nd hand), Ibanez J Custom, etc...

Reaction score
no offense man, but this description makes you sound like an idiot.

first off, i respect you dislike EMGs, which is fine, but "no EMG's they sound shit" is simply a pointless remark. a general description of what kind of music you play, or what tone you want would really be more useful than your pointless comments, in case you're expecting to be taken seriously.

+1

Thought the same.

demontamer

The 7 String Lion
Reaction score
Go custom...If budget isn't a problem,why buy an ordinary guitar?
Got yourself a custom...it will be the best buy ever...

')