The Pet Peeves/OCD/Little Annoyances Thread

• Thread starter Djent
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Djent

Obviously!
Reaction score
Haven't seen any thread like this one (at least in the past 5 years), so I'll be the one to start it:

If I hit shuffle on my iPod, and the opening track of an album plays, I hit shuffle again, until a non-opening track comes up.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Skyblue

Reaction score
Must... not... step... on the lines....
it's not really like I avoid it at all costs, but I just feel weird stepping on them. even the imaginary continuation of them.

I have more, but nothing pops to my mind now weirdly, so I'll be back later.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Whenever I cook sandwiches, I constantly rotate them for an "overall" cook :ugh:

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I cook microwave food in the oven.

I haven't used my microwave in years.

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score
Language destruction. "Fucken", "alot/aswell" "hey guys".

I'm also at a loss for others just now. I'll be back!

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
A guitar that's being played without being properly tuned/intonated. It's like nails on a chalk board, and it often times makes me want to scream: "CAN'T YOU HEAR THAT?!" :wallbash:

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score
Ah, yes. Drummers who click sticks through a section but do so out of time. AKA people who need to invest in a metronome.

Also, bands who think playing through their songs from beginning to end then moving on is enough practise to improve as a group.

AySay

Banned
Reaction score
1. When people spell genius with an "o". Genious. Especially when they are mocking someone. "Nice one genious." FUCKING RETARDS! :scream:

2. When people say "You really _________, don't you?":scream:

lol, I had goddamn essay typed out on this shit, but I'll just leave it at those two...

lobee

vicioustabbing
Reaction score
Must... not... step... on the lines....
it's not really like I avoid it at all costs, but I just feel weird stepping on them. even the imaginary continuation of them.

I try, as much as possible, to only step on or over them with just my right foot.:erk:

I also do this really fucking weird thing with pressure/tapping in the form of a grid. If I press my tongue firmly to the upper right side of my teeth, I have to press me tongue lightly to the upper left, firmly to the lower left, and lightly to the lower right. Always this pattern, where A is a firm touch and B is light:

-----
|B|A|
-----
|A|B|
-----

I do it when tapping my feet, too. Right foot = toe heavy, heel light. Left foot= toe light, heel heavy.

WHY!?:wallbash:

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score
I also do this really fucking weird thing with pressure/tapping in the form of a grid. If I press my tongue firmly to the upper right side of my teeth, I have to press me tongue lightly to the upper left, firmly to the lower left, and lightly to the lower right. Always this pattern, where A is a firm touch and B is light:

-----
|B|A|
-----
|A|B|
-----

I do it when tapping my feet, too. Right foot = toe heavy, heel light. Left foot= toe light, heel heavy.

WHY!?:wallbash:

Same here. Stretching fingers so the tension feels the same, as well. If your tick can be applied to something then I probably have done. Finger nail length is similar for me, as well.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I like telling people the same thing on several occasions. It's not a pet peeve I suppose, but people look at me like I'm mental but decide they can't say anything because "I don't realise I'm doing it", lol.

I also hate people starting sentences with "surely", drives me insane.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I like telling people the same thing on several occasions. It's not a pet peeve I suppose, but people look at me like I'm mental but decide they can't say anything because "I don't realise I'm doing it", lol.

I also hate people starting sentences with "surely", drives me insane.

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score
People singing incorrect lyrics or melodies to songs. Out of tune yowling I mind less but just wrong versions infuriate me. My mother made a habit of it >.>

-42-

Nothing to see here
Reaction score
I tap my feet constantly.

Also, when I walk, I take extra care to ensure that when I step on the cracks in the sidewalk they align with the arch of my foot, so that my foot effectively bridges them.

Necky379

Reaction score
some ocd

when pumping gas i have to stop on price divisable by .05 like 20.00$, 46.25$, 13.50$ etc. can't land on say 45.56$. strange considering im not a big fan of math.

won't eat food ive cooked unless it's extremly hot (temperture) and it can't be hot on the outside and cooler in the middle. has to be hot throughout. obviously this applys only to heated food, im not so crazy that i try to heat ice pops or anything. doesn't matter to me if somebody else cooked it.

some peeves

when people use the word scrumptious. don't know why, i just hate that word.

when any non-screamo genre of music is called screamo. ex: i'm playing tbdm in the car and the passenger says "can you put on something besides screamo". i don't get bent out of shape on the the whole genre thing except for this. a lot of people around me just call any music with screamed/growled vocals screamo.

Nile

Giver of the Likes
Reaction score
One time I had this project at school and I desides to blast I by Morbid Angel and these fucking mainstream fucks were like, that's emo, and man when ever they say metal is emo instead of metal I piss fucking fire and have mental flashes of rocks

And when they say its screamo, I hate screamo!

Now all I can do is think of rocks when I see people in my school...
I think can count?

')