The Pet Peeves/OCD/Little Annoyances Thread

• Thread starter Djent
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ricky_Gallows

lyketotallybrashdude
Reaction score
My friend Brian says "ganna". I'm not sure why but it drives me bonkers.
Another pet peeve is when I put music on in my car and someone tries to speak over it...I put music on to listen to it, NOT to hear you.

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
Inability to stack things sensibly. A small bowl, a larger bowl, another small bowl, a medium size bowl with a larger bowl on top, crowned with a huge salad bowl. Seriously?
Same applies on draining racks, with glasses or anything else which can be stacked. Surely I'm not the only one who has played jenga?

That bugs me a lot, too. It's even worse when you open the dish washer and it looks like somebody put dishes in there with their helmet over their face. On top of that, every utensil is crammed into the closest utensil holder in the dish washer, as if any of it is really going to be cleaned.

nostealbucket

aint no gahdam woman
Reaction score
-When white kids think they are black kids. :scratch:
- When people are wearing shorts and they have socks up higher than their ankles.
- People who wear hats... ALL THE TIME. Mainly flat-bill hats.
- When people call my music or the music I'm listening to "Em0"
- When people randomly bash any genre of music.
- When I'm playing guitar and some guy says, "Is that the only note you know?"
- Babies.
- People who wave their religion around like pedobear's penis.
- When 7 year olds have ipods and phones.
- When somebody doesn't understand sarcasm.
- When somebody's only comeback is something about their dick. (I have a size 15 shoe, I'm 6 foot 3 inches tall (still growing), and they are the usually opposite... :blahblah: :lol: )
- When somebody keeps talking about doing drugs even though they never have done drugs. :rofl:
- Slipknot.
- EVERY SINGLE FUCKING KID ON YOUTUBE.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I hate when people lie to me. I know they're lying, and it always bugs me because I never give them a reason to have to lie to me. Plus (unless it's to protect somebody from something serious, or if it's the cops because I hate them on principle and have learned from the womb that you never rat people out) I don't lie to people, so it also bugs me because if we're all equal, then why am I capable of speaking the truth and other people aren't?

I also hate having nothing to do. Back when I was in high school I never did too much of anything and it didn't bother me. Nowadays if I don't even talk to a person at least once a day, I got bat-shit crazy......er more so than usual. <.< >.>

TasmanSam

Reaction score
I hate it when people lie to prove their point, just so they can be right

I hate every single thing about other drivers

if I touch one side of my body, I need to touch the other side in the same spot to make things even

I will think of more, give me a minute :lol:

Reaction score
People who like at you while you eat.
Oh and people who are crying in the same room as me. I don't know why, but if someone is crying near me I feel extremely uncomfortable and feel like I need to leave the room.

TasmanSam

Reaction score
People who like at you while you eat.
Oh and people who are crying in the same room as me. I don't know why, but if someone is crying near me I feel extremely uncomfortable and feel like I need to leave the room.

YES! I know exactly how you feel!

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
if i'm waiting in line for food or anything really, my toes go crazy...i don't know if a nervous thing or what

when meet new people sometimes i mis place words in sentences and it sounds like im a tard

and when i see hot chicks i get turned on :yesway:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
And being from Alexandria -- where I used to live and still work every day, so this isn't a jab -- you get that plenty, I'm sure! :lol:

Along the same lines, and I'm sure both you and KJ can relate to this (we're all NoVA folks): I can't stand it when people cruise at or under the speed limit in the left lane. It's called the passing lane for a reason. GET THE #$%^ OUT OF THE WAY if you're not going faster than the car to your right, or turning left within the next 300 yards. NO EXCEPTIONS!! :mad:

In other words, I hate being tailgated therefore I don't wanna do it to anyone else, but if someone is in the left lane going 45mph or less in a 50mph or more zone, chances are I will be riding their ass until they get the point. I'm not usually a fan of cops, but this guy is one of my heroes:

So awesome! :lol:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
if i'm waiting in line for food or anything really, my toes go crazy...i don't know if a nervous thing or what

when meet new people sometimes i mis place words in sentences and it sounds like im a tard

and when i see hot chicks i get turned on :yesway:

I'm like John Pinette... I get pissed when I'm standing in line for something and ppl get all browsy like they haven't been standing in the same line as me just as fuckin' long... They have so much time to think about what they want!!!! :wallbash:

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I hate it when people say "lol" in person. It makes me what to attack them.

I also find it funny that nostealbucket says he hates it when people use comebacks involving their dicks and then implies something about himself :lol: Correct me if I'm wrong but I basically read that as "I hate it when guys talk about their dicks; I have a dick". I agree with everything you said but that made me lol.

Something I was reminded of recently; people who only ever talk about endorsement deals, people who take random crappy endorsement deals so that they can say they have one and people who say they are endorsed by a company, when in fact they are the one doing the endorsing.

I know a dude who had a beautiful PRS and was offered a Kramer endorsement deal and took it because they gave him 3 free guitars. Three guitars that together are probably worth about £500. They play and sound like ass and since he got them he's not heard from Kramer (Gibson) again.

Tool.

D0mn8r

Reaction score
People who like, use the word 'like' like in-between every like word in like a sentence or whatever. I once heard a girl say that she "like, liked it" AAAAAARRRGGGH!!!!

People who talk while they are eating.

People who eat with their mouth open.

TV commercials featuring the above.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I have self-diagnosed OCD as well. There are many things I do along with the aforementioned teeth brushing ordeal:
-I have to touch silk in some form for at least a couple hours a day or I feel really uncomfortable. I wear a beanie with a large silk tag specifically for this purpose. I also sleep with silk sheets and a silk pillow case.
-If something isn't square, I have to make it square (as in aligned correctly)
-I eat my food uniformly. For instance, if I eat a burger, I'll take a bite out of the middle, then bite the two sides to make a perfectly straight line across so it looks like a cut.
-If there's a finger mark on a dusty area, I have to wipe all of the rest of the dust off.
-I can't leave a door cracked. Wide open or totally shut. No in between.

There's several more, but that should give you a rough idea.

TasmanSam

Reaction score
people who pause to say say: right? in the middle of a sentence to reinforce what they told you 2 fucking seconds ago!

nostealbucket

aint no gahdam woman
Reaction score
Here's some more...

- People who wear a polo shirt, khaki shorts, nike shoes, and costa del mar sunglasses, and a visor. All at once. And there's a lot of those fuckers around.
- Golf. I FUCKING :)golf:ing) HATE GOLF. and I live in Augusta, Georgia. :mad: Augusta National... yeah.
- when people say your instead of you're. (ex: Your retarded. I'm sure you
meant, "YOU'RE retarded.")
- People with southern accents. (once again. I live in Georgia. I don't have an accent at all. :scratch: )
- People with Browning stickers on their cars. Well, on their trucks.
- When people say.... Y'ALL. <not a word. Never has been. So don't use it.
- When people read whats on your shirt aloud when you are standing right in front of them.
- When people make a bible verse their facebook status.
- Every kid at guitar center. Thats why I go there on school days. :lol:

Antimatter

Reaction score
- When people say.... Y'ALL. <not a word. Never has been. So don't use it.
- People with southern accents. (once again. I live in Georgia. I don't have an accent at all. :scratch: )

Actually y'all is pretty useful since English has no plural you, and y'all fills that position. It's just been associated with a lower class of society because it's more commonly used in the South which has been historically stereotyped as a 'backwards' place.

And yes you do have an accent, unless you've never spoken in your entire life. You must have a Midwestern accent.

-42-

Nothing to see here
Reaction score
And yes you do have an accent, unless you've never spoken in your entire life.

The-Who---Tommy-Front-Cover-16606.jpg

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
Actually y'all is pretty useful since English has no plural you, and y'all fills that position. It's just been associated with a lower class of society because it's more commonly used in the South which has been historically stereotyped as a 'backwards' place.

And yes you do have an accent, unless you've never spoken in your entire life. You must have a Midwestern accent.

...That doesn't make it an actual word. It is, and always will be, a colloquialism/slang.

"Y'all" is an improper contraction, as a contraction is made up of a pronoun and a helping verb, such as "I will" becoming "I'll". "You" is a pronoun, but "all" is a noun.

If you consider "y'all" a word, though, then you must also consider the more correct, but equally as colloquial, "yous"(sp?) in many north eastern accents.

')