The Pet Peeves/OCD/Little Annoyances Thread

• Thread starter Djent
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
Inability to stack things sensibly. A small bowl, a larger bowl, another small bowl, a medium size bowl with a larger bowl on top, crowned with a huge salad bowl. Seriously?
Same applies on draining racks, with glasses or anything else which can be stacked. Surely I'm not the only one who has played jenga?

Oh god, yes. This. I do the dishes in my house and it irks me to no end, seeing the way my dad stacks dishes.

That bugs me a lot, too. It's even worse when you open the dish washer and it looks like somebody put dishes in there with their helmet over their face. On top of that, every utensil is crammed into the closest utensil holder in the dish washer, as if any of it is really going to be cleaned.

When my dad does the dishes, he does this. :wallbash:

Going back to me doing the dishes, I have CDO (no, not OCD. CDO!), so before I put the dishes in the dishwasher, I scrub them with soap and hot water. So, in all actuality, they are already clean when they go in.

I have a chain attached to my wallet and a habit of picking at it.

I *have* to keep my hands moisturized, if I go a day without doing so, I go crazy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
Peeves/things I don't like
- people that say "lawl" as a verbal outburst of "LOL"
- people that type LOL phonetically as "lawl"
- Atlanta traffic
- anyone attempting to ram their faith/beliefs down my throat
- small dogs
- outsourcing
- people who wear their pants half way down their ass
- onions
- Lynard Skynard

OCDisms...
- can't use the same napkin twice if it's remotely messy (i use a WHOLE roll of power towels @ Hooters when eating a 20pc buffalo shrimp)

nostealbucket

aint no gahdam woman
Reaction score
And yes you do have an accent, unless you've never spoken in your entire life. You must have a Midwestern accent.[/QUOTE]

Most people I know think I'm from the midwest.

EDIT: ? that quote didn't come out quite right...

Bradd

Reaction score
really, really, really hate

Aussies who talk like an american.

(mainly younger girls who do it because they watch so much fucken crap tv shows that they start talking "like" and "oh MY GOD, she did not just say that")

For christ sake! talk like the Aussie that you are you dumb halfwit sluts!!!!

/rant.

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
I used to assign number values to each of my fingers and have to touch things in a certain way to equal multiples of things like 12 or 8 etc. and then I started doing it on my feet, and sidewalk cracks counted for more, and...:lol: Basically, myself. I forced all the tics out over time, but goddamn that was an annoying period.

Also, pretty much everything everyone has said on here makes me livid. :yesway:

Except also FUCKING HUMIDITY. FUCK. YOU. I can't goddamn wait for next winter JUST for that.

WickedSymphony

Reaction score
Going back to me doing the dishes, I have CDO (no, not OCD. CDO!), so before I put the dishes in the dishwasher, I scrub them with soap and hot water. So, in all actuality, they are already clean when they go in.

So it's not just me that does this then? Fuck does that make me feel better :lol:

stryker1800

Sweet Pickle
Reaction score
...That doesn't make it an actual word. It is, and always will be, a colloquialism/slang.

"Y'all" is an improper contraction, as a contraction is made up of a pronoun and a helping verb, such as "I will" becoming "I'll". "You" is a pronoun, but "all" is a noun.

If you consider "y'all" a word, though, then you must also consider the more correct, but equally as colloquial, "yous"(sp?) in many north eastern accents.

But isn't improper usages of words how we got from old english to british english and eventually all the other variations, making up words or misusing words until they just became the norm and eventually a correct part of the language.

simulclass83

Reaction score
When people enter a room I'm in, and leave the door the opposite of the way it was when they walked in. I mean, have the courtesy to leave it the way it was. Applies especially when I'm playing guitar.

Jontain

Reaction score
Biggest pet peeve for me is when on the road, on my bike or in my car, and I am held up by someone who desides that the speed limit of 60mph is just too fast so they insist on driving at 45-50 holding up everyone behind them (single lane roads).

Now some may call me a hot headed road rage dick for teh above statement but listen further... What makes me hit the roof is when following one of these said drivers at a speed (imo) too slow for a national speed road gets to a village/town where for very obvious reasons (kids, more people and more things to hit) the speed limit drops to 30 and this prick infront of me carries on at 50mph................

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, i may drive a little over the speed limit on occasion but ONLY on the roads designed for higher speed. These people's logic completly fails me, why are they too afraid of driving at 60 on a clear open road but happy to do 50 in an area where you could easily kill someone.....

Jontain

Reaction score
really, really, really hate

Aussies who talk like an american.

(mainly younger girls who do it because they watch so much fucken crap tv shows that they start talking "like" and "oh MY GOD, she did not just say that")

For christ sake! talk like the Aussie that you are you dumb halfwit sluts!!!!

/rant.

Lol here in UK most people dont even seem to speak our language, and i dont mean in favour of their native tounge if they are not from the UK I mean people born in the UK who use words like.

Innit. Blud. Loww Dat (whatever teh fuck that last one actually means, i think its means 'allow that' but from when ive heard people say it cant because otherwise they make even less sense.

Now abbreviations are fine when typing or texting something non formal imo (< lol) but not when actually talking!

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
^ What the fuck are you talking about? I'm American and I don't even know what that shit is...

I thought the only weird shit they did in the UK was that annoying half Patois-half English bullshit like Ali G.

Jontain

Reaction score
^ What the fuck are you talking about? I'm American and I don't even know what that shit is...

Ive not got a clue, I just remember having it shouted at us by a lad who was fed up with my mates screwing about with a train door while out for a drink. Started shouting Loww Dat, sounds like the 'low' from 'allow' and i presumed 'dat' was that. However not sure how 'allow that' means the same as stop that, or how its any easier or quicker to say... oh well might jsut be me.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
^ There are some confusing American idioms in which you tell someone to proceed with their current course of action when you truly mean to have them stop. For instance... "Go 'head with that bullshit, man..." actually means "Stop doing that."

I have never heard 'low dat, though. Perhaps it's a UK adaptation. :shrug:

Blind Theory

Reaction score
Facebook. It annoys the hell out of me and I use it all the time. Like today (and last night) it started fucking up on me. Now I can't do shit on Facebook without it being stupid as shit.:lol:

Latest posts

')