The Pet Peeves/OCD/Little Annoyances Thread

• Thread starter Djent
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
Can't believe I forgot the ultimate one- using the phone. I absolutely can't stand calling people and answering the phone. Whenever the phone rings I get nervous, and I need a few seconds of sitting, breathing, and calming myself before calling people (except for my close friends).
No idea why. Texting is no problem though.

I think this has to do with social anxiety, because I have the same problem, as well as social anxiety. Which is probably why I have so many posts on this forum. :rofl:

Dvaienat

Reaction score
Can't believe I forgot the ultimate one- using the phone. I absolutely can't stand calling people and answering the phone. Whenever the phone rings I get nervous, and I need a few seconds of sitting, breathing, and calming myself before calling people (except for my close friends).
No idea why. Texting is no problem though.

Social anxiety, definitely. I go through exactly the same process. Speaking to people in person, who I don't know, is even worse.

There are therapy classes for it, which I am going to look into.

Skyblue

Reaction score
I think this has to do with social anxiety, because I have the same problem, as well as social anxiety. Which is probably why I have so many posts on this forum. :rofl:

Social anxiety, definitely. I go through exactly the same process. Speaking to people in person, who I don't know, is even worse.

There are therapy classes for it, which I am going to look into.

I don't know much about social anxiety, so I guess that's possible~
I do have issues talking with people in person as well, aside from my friends...

TomParenteau

Tube & Analog Snob
Reaction score
The popular trend to pronounce Ts at the ends of words with the back of the throat: "It's gonna be really hoh ouh, buh if you sih on a coh-en blankeh, you will stay cool." I know, people in England have done it forever, but it sounds really stupid in the US.

Apostrophe-S at the ends of plurals

Saying "input jack" when it's an output

The age-old vibrato & tremolo (not much can be done about this one since Leo Fender and Floyd Rose both misnamed them)

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
The popular trend to pronounce Ts at the ends of words with the back of the throat: "It's gonna be really hoh ouh, buh if you sih on a coh-en blankeh, you will stay cool." I know, people in England have done it forever, but it sounds really stupid in the US.

I'm English, not bothered about changing it but whenever I try to actually pronouce a T at the end of words I can't do it without putting far too much emphasis on it.

"HoTeh" instead of "Hot", haha.

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score

Working in a call centre has been good for my enunciation but there are certain words which are horrible to enunciate without sounding like a toff. 'Witness' is a particularly horrific one.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I hate when people lie to me. I know they're lying, and it always bugs me because I never give them a reason to have to lie to me. Plus (unless it's to protect somebody from something serious, or if it's the cops because I hate them on principle and have learned from the womb that you never rat people out) I don't lie to people, so it also bugs me because if we're all equal, then why am I capable of speaking the truth and other people aren't?

I also hate having nothing to do. Back when I was in high school I never did too much of anything and it didn't bother me. Nowadays if I don't even talk to a person at least once a day, I got bat-shit crazy......er more so than usual. <.< >.>

edit:
allow me to clarify for the person that negged me.

First off, you would hate police too if they wrongfully raided your house at age 15 and 2 overzealous cops put a loaded gun to your head and the head of your 13 year old sister, drug you and your whole family outside in the cold, and made you all freeze for 4 hours before they realize they raided the wrong house. And since my area is rife with gangs, talking to cops will get you and your whole family shot. Its not to be badass or hardcore. Its about keeping my family alive. Maybe you shouldnt be so quick to judge. ;)

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
"Could of"
"Should of"
"Would of"

"Are" instead of "our."

Rampant apostrophe abuse.

Anti-Americanism.

')